Snuff

Great thread.
I like a bit of snuff now and again but I'm no expert. I'm currently half way through a tin of ozona raspberry. It can be a bit tricky with my moustache.

Bechet45 said:
Seems you haven't slept with many Catholics, JohnnyO. Did I say 'many'? Maybe I meant 'any' - maybe I should have said 'a'?

Well, I'm not too sure that we slept very much, although at my age I may just be flattering myself with my oftentimes erratic memory ... Anyway, I'm sure that ours was just a venial error.

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

Only a short resurrection but this thread just has to included in current affairs again!

Now I have 'perfected' the spray dampening technique, I'm buying Dark by the 500g tub. My habit, like the cats, has snuck into my bedroom but, unlike the cats, only for an after shave snort. There used to be a strictly enforced ban on snuff and cats in my bedroom. I used to be straight and young. All things change, I guess. Coming, Clive!

A pot of a stunningly good Cuban coffee and a 'new' tin - filled from a 500g tub - of perfectly redampenised Viking Dark just makes this sunny morn complete. The cats have gone back to bed with full stomachs, the dahlias are such a picture in the sunlight, the silence is utter, I've only been enabled a little bit (more Schick blades in anticipation of the Kickstarted razor), so I really must get to showering and shaving. Ahhhhhh!

Still loving this stuff. Currently working my way through many different tins. McChrysyals Highland Ice is a real treat that I'm currently enjoying. Vikings Thors Hammer is another lovely one.

This is one resurrection I'm happy about!

Markdifferential started it all but has long since disappeared - and left me well and truly addicted to this gorgeous, messy stuff! I've given up on trying all sorts and settled on Viking Dark, with a little Thor's Hammer sometimes and something with menthol to clear my nose before supper.

I await delivery of 1kg of Viking Dark - to save on postage! That is a lot of snuff for a man too old to buy green bananas.

I've not tried the red bull but I've heard it's strong. Ozona president is very nice and I like the little tap box. Fortunately the president is an oil based snuff so it doesn't/takes a very long time to dry out. Water based snuffs in tap boxes are a nightmare. I don't even bother buying them as they're usually dry before they even arrive.

Hedges is another very strong menthol, too strong for me.

Bechet, if you like Ozona president I would highly recommend McChrysyals - Highland Ice. Very easy to take.
Johnus, if you like the strong menthols give radfords english a try.
http://www.mysmokingshop.co.uk/index2.php?mod=mancats&nm=Poschl's Snuff&ns=Radford&man=189&sec=1149

Just don't let the thread die away altogether plse guys. Quite a few of us non participants are fascinated with this little discussed topic. Well, I am anyway.

JohnnyO. o/

Hah, this wonderful thread has left quite a mark on Big Bro Carl among others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom