Show off your TSR 2016 LE Shavemac brushes

On that subject, is there any chance you or someone as equally qualified, could create a thread about brush care? I'm thinking a sticky as anything to do with brush care is lost in the middle of a number of threads.

Would be useful to include a glossary of brush related terms for newbie too. Loft, glue bump, bands, scritch, scrub etc!

Just a thought.

Would be useful to include a glossary of brush related terms for newbie too. Loft, glue bump, bands, scritch, scrub etc!

Just a thought.

There's a lot of information out there but would be good to compile all the correct information into one place, for newbies as well as those in the know.

Do not soak in hot water, that is water too hot or even very hot to the touch. I find it causes the hairs to spread in the knot. Perhaps loosening the glue.

When drying don't mash the knot into the towel just brush the towel as though you are painting lather softly at the tips.

I do very much the same as you Nishy, I think these two points are definitely the fast track to wrecking any brush. It's a big step up for me, and I'm sure it is that way for a lot of people.
Like I said, quite a lot information out there, but it's deciphering the right from the wrong. Not everyone on YouTube for example, is an expert in brush care.
Would be good to have stickies on this site for every category, for both the newcomers and experienced to refer to.

So this is what I have ahead of me! Really appreciate the pictures Nishy, a gorgeous collection. I am already quite envious, now that I know what they're all about. So which one is your favourite?

Back
Top Bottom