Show off your TSR 2016 LE Shavemac brushes

quick update from California,
both brushes have reached the USA, now to find a way home.
have been told the Butterscotch is gorgeous, so let's see,
thank you Spring LE Team,
Raj K

Attachments

• Unknown-3.jpeg
    Unknown-3.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 35
  • sm le 2.jpeg
    sm le 2.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 33
  • sm le 3.jpeg
    sm le 3.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 39
  • sm le 4.jpeg
    sm le 4.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 36
  • sm le 2.jpeg
    sm le 2.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Unknown-5.jpeg
    Unknown-5.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 45
  • sm 6le .jpeg
    sm 6le .jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Being new to badger brushes, I'm also whizzed at how quickly they seem to dry. I'm sure with such a dense knot, it'll probably not dry as well as a standard knot, not that I can get anywhere near the middle of the knot, such is its density.

Anyone noticed that the latest barber LE is slightly slimmer than the previous barber LE? I prefer the latest LE shape, it fits my brush holder too.

Wickham's Super Smooth Club Cola -

1f61379aa30f8c60da4fc25df4807264.jpg

I already loved this soap, it's in my top three. With the DO1 though, this is on a completely different level. I've never known such luscious lather, and so quickly too! Held the brush up and let the water drain out, gave it a very, very light squeeze and then about thirty turns, on the tips only of course.

I will try my best for this afternoon, they are due a good comb and TLC.

On that subject, is there any chance you or someone as equally qualified, could create a thread about brush care? I'm thinking a sticky as anything to do with brush care is lost in the middle of a number of threads.

To be honest Gordy I wouldn't be the right person. My brush care involves polishing the handle and ensuring the brush is towel dry and hung after use. I haven't combed through any of my Shavemacs ever. If I do see white residue at the base of the knot (unwashed soap) I just wash the brush thoroughly again.
The only important thing to remember with these brushes is:

Do not soak in hot water, that is water too hot or even very hot to the touch. I find it causes the hairs to spread in the knot. Perhaps loosening the glue.

When drying don't mash the knot into the towel just brush the towel as though you are painting lather softly at the tips.

Leave the brush to dry in a well ventilated room without too much moisture. If you can't achieve this, leave some silica packets near the brush.

Simple really, a good brush worth its asking price IMO shouldn't need hours of attention, it should just deliver with relative ease.

Back
Top Bottom