Show off your TSR 2016 LE Shavemac brushes

My brushes have arrived and after a quick couple of photos, have now been packed away aa they will be my birthday and Christmas presents. :)

I'll have to wait until December before I get to use them and am really looking forward to doing so.

Thank you again for organising the group buy Avnish - the brushes are truly awesome. :)

7acbf0821a209d7dfeae817645a06325.jpg
31ceae9286859c12330a79091e126149.jpg

Last edited:
20160330_191648-1.jpg So after 2 shaves, the brush is blooming nicely (and I lost no hairs today). It literally ate up the Kent soap I used today, so for those that can't lather mwf, get this brush.

Thanks to everyone that was involved in setting this up, this was a great way to lose my group buy virginity.

My brushes have arrived and after a quick couple of photos, have now been packed away aa they will be my birthday and Christmas presents. :)

I'll have to wait until December before I get to use them and am really looking forward to doing so.

Thank you again for organising the group buy Avnish - the brushes are truly awesome. :)

7acbf0821a209d7dfeae817645a06325.jpg
31ceae9286859c12330a79091e126149.jpg
They look fantastic, great set :)

Second use last night, no more hairs shed which is good, was thinking a few more may be lost. The scritch is still apparent when swirling on the face but thoroughly enjoying painting the lather on. Anyone dialed in the pre soak time and water retention as of yet? It's playing games with my mind. It seems to hold loads of soap so perhaps shaking out most the water pre lather is wrong. Otherwise I get give amounts of cushion and little slickness.

. It seems to hold loads of soap so perhaps shaking out most the water pre lather is wrong. Otherwise I get give amounts of cushion and little slickness.

I was wondering this myself. Going to test lather a few soaps with varying amounts of water. It'll save trying to work it out when I'm shaving.

Just a quick pic post of today's arrivals!
0aeb81bd4740b4eb438317ff9719e466.jpg
Stunning! I'm really getting to grips with mine now. I have to say these DO1 along side the silvertips are producing excellent air bubble free lather :)

Also bought some felt to line the inside of the razor holders.

I had my first shave this morning and although I normally put some soap in the bottom of the bowl to lather up, I went straight from the a new tub of Mondial Florence and after about 10 secs loading, I peered in to see all the soap loading ripples reduced to a perfect smooth shallow crater! Still...lots of lather!!

I've found no scritch at all Nishy, it's ultra smooth. It's really surprising considering the backbone it has. I have a Vulfix 404 handle that I re-knotted with an Omega 10810 knot. I set it maybe 4-5mm lower as I wanted real backbone, or until now what I thought was backbone!
I'm still trying to get my head around just how dense the knot is, how much water it holds and how unbelievably soft it is.
My favourite aspect of the brush is the density! At the minute, it's going to be very difficult to use any other brush.

As I'm fairly new to the forum I missed out this time. If there is ever another group buy of Shavemac brushes I'm definitely putting my name forward. Super brushes guys.

Back
Top Bottom