Not open for further replies.
Tuesday

Merkur Futur (4)
Shark Blade (2)
Vulfix 2235 Super
Erasmic soap bowl
Alum
Envy EDT

The result was a close but the shave was unpleasant. Several nicks and weepers the Shark blade felt blunt and I should have swapped it out, I'm very surprised as it was only the 2nd shave with it, but it went straight in the blade safe when I finished. I have 1 more of them to try and don't think I'll bother.

Arko moist cream - not bad but no where near as mentholy as Proraso
TOBS best badger
EJ89
Crystal (2)
Alum
Pitralon - german
Freshwood AB

rubber_band_gun_3.jpeg

Tuesday

Bic Sensitive
EJ Best Badger
Kent Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

4th shave with the Bic and it's still working. I thought that it would have died by now, but may go for shave 5 tomorrow,

Ian

Tuesday

I finally gave my little Acca Kappa a run out today. This is a soft silvertip 21mm knot with a 52mm loft. Feels floppy and soft. So I used it with my TOBS Mr Taylor and lathered up in a bowl and just used the AK as a paint brush. And what a delight it was! For floppy, read luxurious. Surely with this type of brush it just has to be cream, bowl, paint and it is then pure luxury. Enough lather for several passes and some to spare. This brush retailed at £120 and was on offer at TGS for 50%. Not surprisingly it has the best packaging of any brush I've seen - including High Mountain White and Rooney Finest. It's really a collector's brush. I'm keeping it - in my collection.

AC.jpg

Tuesday

Weishi
Gillette Platinum (6)
Vulfix 404 Boadger
Proraso Soap
Alum
Witch Hazel
Wilkos AB
Denim Black AS

From yesterdays aggressive Slim on 9 to one of the most non-aggressive razors the Weishi, I thought I would load the Plat in the Weishi and see how it would handle it, The shave was smooth and a CCS was had, tomorrow its back in the EJ.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Tuesday

1960 Gillette Fatboy (set at 9)
Feather blade
Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood cream
Kent BK4
Boots Witch hazel
Alum block
Gillette Series AS Balm

I thought I'd go the whole hog and try the Fatboy set to the max; surprisingly I still have skin left on my face! Apart from one minor burn on the sensitive part of my neck, it was a great shave. Lesson learned - 9 is fantastic for all but the most delicate areas, so i might be worth dialling down for those in future. Oh, and Cyril Salter's Indian Sandalwood is my favourite scent of all my creams & soaps. Incredibly strong & masculine.

Tuesday

St James of London Hot Towel Mask
DE 89L
Iridium (1)
Kent H8 brush
Body Shop Maca Root
Alum
Asda One Planet ASB & T&H 1805 ASB!

After 4 great BBS shaves in a row with my Astra blades, i tried the Iridum for the first time. One word....ouch! Noticeably sharper blade and highlighted my technique may be not quite as good as i thought! Bit of burn so i had to double up with the balm! Bit sore but still smooth as !!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Did a silly thing this evening. I'd just sorted through my blade box and found a single Feather blade all on its own. Being a bit OCD I had to use it up, so stuck it in my DE89. Then I thought I'd have a go shaving with no prep and no lather. Here is my SOTD:

Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather blade
Lots and lots of aftershave balm

The actual shave went very well. I even went against the grain. I gained one small nick above my chin but it healed with a bit of rubbing. The worst part was some tugging just under my bottom lip. Then the irritation began. I slapped on a load of asb but an hour later I'm sitting here with a gently throbbing face. :oops:

I wouldn't recommend it, but I'm quite pleased that my technique has got to a stage where I can actually do this. I do feel a bit of a twot though. :roll:

soapalchemist said:
Surely if this was 'another place' Joe McLaine and IanM would have been BANNED! :shock: :eek: :shock:

I suspect that there may be a bit of tutting and head-shaking going on, but at least there hasn't been any negative comments or warnings about what it'll do to my face.

I did a fairly comprehensive Mach 3 test over on shavemyface, and it definitely got up some people's noses, but a ban was never even close :)

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom