Shave of the Day w/c Saturday 20th March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday

1949/50 American Superspeed
Kai blade (day 4)
Real Shaving Co Cream (Moisturising Formula)
Kent BK4
Boots Witch Hazel
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm

Last day with the SS/Kai combo for now. Seem to have mastered it & today was another damn fine shave with zero burn / nicks.

Monday

1964 Slim
Gillette Platinum (5)
Cheapo No Name small Boar
Palmolive Stick (milled into a bowl)
Alum
Witch Hazel
One Planet AB
Brut AS (with menthol :shock: )

Started with the Slim on 7 on the WTG pass and thought sod it and cranked it up to 9 for the rest of the shave :shave and WOW a great shave no nicks or weepers and a DFS+ was had, the Plat is a really good blade, shame these seem to be getting hard to get hold off now :cry: . The brush I picked up in a chemists for 99p, its looks well made and is small like an image brush but with a longer loft and I found out for its size its a little lather monster it will definitely be my travel brush however another great shave and the weather looks nice today.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Monday
Bic Sensitive
Semogue 1305
Palmolive Stick
Old Spice aftershave

Had every intention of using my 70's Superspeed today. Took one pass and swapped it for the Bic.

Monday

1957 Red Tip
Supermax Superstainless (3)
SWK Scuttle
Mühle Pure Badger
Taylors Lemon and Lime Cream
Alum
OS Fresh Lime AS
Nivea ASB.

really not sure what i think of the Red Tip. As per an earlier pic, it is tatty and was sent to me as a gift. It works fine, but just doesn't feel overly comfortable. I will perhaps try it with a diff blade next time. (Ithink that due to the Futur and Chatsworth, i have got very used to a longer handle).

Have a nice day guys,

Monday

Bic Sensitive
EJ Best Badger
Kent Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

The EJ brush is SUPERB with the Kent/MWF soap. Add to that 2 passes with the Bic, and all is well. Having said that, I did manage to cut the side of my nostril, but that's purely down to me being a dick.

Ian

IanM said:
Having said that, I did manage to cut the side of my nostril, but that's purely down to me being a dick.

That is where most of my proper cuts come from gave myself a beaty on the chin a month or so back.

Monday:
Hot towel
Grosvenor 404 mix
TOBS St James
Merkur 38c
Shark blade (performs better in the EJ DE87, but still ok)
Alum
Cade a/s balm
A smooth, comfortable shave :)
beejay

Hobby week for shave of the day. One of my hobbies is deer hunting, so here is one of my stainless razors with a stainless Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter .41 mag. pistol that I use to hunt deer.

I’m not looking to start any debates regarding how savage and cruel hunting may or may not be, nor any blow-ups about firearms (pun intended). This is a hobby not a political statement.

Deertheme.jpg

Sunday/Monday

Mühle R89
Trumpers Pure Badger
Crystal (3)/(4)
GFT Coconut Cream
Cold water rinse with AS mix
GFT Coral/Moisteriser

Sunday only WGT and XTG, an acceptable shave.
Monday, 3 pass plus touch ups, BBS-

just had a vintage gillette OC arrive today, so wednesday I'll be using that.

Hawkeye5 said:
Hobby week for shave of the day. One of my hobbies is deer hunting, so here is one of my stainless razors with a stainless Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter .41 mag. pistol that I use to hunt deer.

Hunting deer with a hand gun? Wouldn't that be even less effective than bow hunting?

Just curious.

Monday evening

Astra Keramik blade (first day)
Merkur Futur
Dr Henk's #5 Bay rum cream with Dr Henk's #6 ASB (Bay rum)
Alum block
Dr Henk's #6 ASB (Dutch moss)

This reads like an advertisement, but the actual message is that tonight I tried the 'skin food' routine for the second time, where I put some ASB on my chops before the third and fourth pass. And I must say, it really does appear to work: I get a closer shave, with less nicks and irritation. Maybe it is because multiple passes really are harsh on your skin, and putting an extra layer of lubrication on you skin for those 3rd and 4th pass helps in 'saving' your skin.

Anyway, my routine will from now on include an ASB step as start of the 3rd and any subsequent passes...

henkverhaar said:
Hawkeye5 said:

Hunting deer with a hand gun? Wouldn't that be even less effective than bow hunting?

Just curious.

Not really. The ranges are almost the same, a bit further, and a bullet is more effective that an arrow. Also I've mounted a 2X Leupold pistol scope so the aiming is better than the usual pins used for compound bows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom