Shave of the Day w/c Saturday 20th March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday
1970's SS with Red Personna blade
Semogue 1305
Palmolive stick
Old Spice aftershave

Tried the DE again, just to see if I'd been missing out on anything.

Nope.

Back to Bic Sensitive tomorrow.

Merkur 34c, Feather Blade, Penhaligons Blenheim shaving cream (got a sample pot from the shop), 3 passes, applied GFT facefood after 2nd pass, finnished with Gillette ASB.
Smoothest shave yet, no nicks (which is the 1st time..... :shock: :shock: )
Like the Penhaligons but seemed to dry out a bit quick but gave a very comfortable shave. Not sure it is worth the £20.00 price tag............but there are 2 or 3 more of their shops in London so maybe more samples are calling............ :lol: :lol:

andyjreid said:
NatJag said:
I had an aftershave with bass notes that smelt like a lingering fart. I used to blame it on my mates until I realised it was still there when they weren't.

Out of curiosity what aftershave was it?

Lol (to the repsonses that I can't re-quote). I can't really remember. I seem to remember it being davidoff AS or EDT. I mentioned it to a mate of mine at the time, he told me he also used the same one with a similar effect. This was pre 2000, hence being slightly vague on the brand/model.

Thursday-
Merkur futur on 4
tiger blade
Tabac
mama bears dragons blood asb

Fine shave..Not seen many mention of these blades on here but from my experiances seem to get the best shaves when using them.. :D

Thursday PM

Merkur 34C
Feather (1)
No Name Badger Brush
Speick Cream

Alum
Aqua Velva
Speick Balm

Well no new irritation and a close but not as comfortable shave but I believe this to be caused by the monstrosity that was yesterday mornings shave. Trying to shave a bit more often and get the skin used to it.

Thursday evening.

Prep: Wash face with glycerin soap, massage Cremo Cream into beard followed by hot
towel.
Brush: Barbershop Badger/Boar Combo (my father’s brush).
Cream: Musgo Real.
Razor: Filarmonica Doble Temple #13.

A real treat. I use my father’s brush only once or twice a year, so those shaves are always special.
I’ve been experimenting with the Cremo during pre-shave preparation. I’m currently undecided.
I’m sparing you another fly rod photo and went conventional tonight.

FillarmonicaDobleTemple.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom