Shave of the Day w/c Saturday 10th April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smell The Glove said:
Yep Andy. Finding that also. I think the greater aggression puts more demand on the blade.

Even at 1.5/2 I find the Future quite a bit more agressive than the HD. Might try an Iridium or maybe Personna in the Futur next.

Thursday

Futur (4)
Gillette Super Silver (3)
RSC Menthol Cream
Vulfix 2235 Super
Alum
Gillette ASB

A quick "that's good enough" type shave today, really liking the Real Shaving Co. menthol cream.

andyjreid said:
Smell The Glove said:
Yep Andy. Finding that also. I think the greater aggression puts more demand on the blade.

Even at 1.5/2 I find the Future quite a bit more agressive than the HD. Might try an Iridium or maybe Personna in the Futur next.

I have found that Feather blades seem to less erratic and last longer in milder razors. They work great in my Tech, and give me 4 good shaves, but in my Futur it's a different story.

Ian

Thursday
Fusion
Noxzema foam

Very little 'DE' shaving going on in my house at the moment as I am sporting a very dashing handlebar tache and friendly mutton-chops.

Thursday

Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Topaz Platinum (2)
Vulfix 404 Boadger
TBS Macca Root Cream
Alum
Boots Essentials AB
Umbro Sport AS

A delicate shave after I took a slice out of my top lip yesterday :oops: , everything nice and smooth apart from my top lip, once over with the weishi.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Thursday

Neo's BBBB
Wallace Armer 5/8

Nanny's lavender soft soap
cold water
Acqua di Parma

I've now made up my mind what I'm going to say about the soap, and there'll be a review tomorrow.

Thursday

Palmolive Shave Stick
TGS Silvertip
Merkur HD w/ Astra Keramik (2)
Real Shave Co. Moisturizer

Back to basics today, no pre-shave (which is a rare event for me) and two shaves in two days, also a rare event at the moment. Regular shaving makes the Astra Keramik shine, what didn't work too well hacking into 3 days growth yesterday gave me a superb 2 pass shave, smooth and clean with no nicks or weepers. The Palmolive is also still managing to surprise me with its quality, a 50p bargain.

Thursday

Merkur HD
Feather (1)
Palmolive Stick
Semogue 1305
Alum
Boots Freshwood AS
Boots Freshwood ASB

Shave wise, was very close as always, however again, not the most comfortable. Bumps and stinging in the usual places ahoy. I long for the day that my neck doesn't look all red after a shave. I follow the videos (mantic) and keep in mind everything I've learnt but I still always come away with an irritated neck.

Anyone want to come live with me for a week and teach me to shave? :lol:

andyjreid said:
Shave wise, was very close as always, however again, not the most comfortable. Bumps and stinging in the usual places ahoy. I long for the day that my neck doesn't look all red after a shave. I follow the videos (mantic) and keep in mind everything I've learnt but I still always come away with an irritated neck.

I recently had similar issues with the 'swirly' bit on my neck. It seems that I had just become sloppy, and decreasing the razor pressure to almost nothing in that area has seen an improvement, even with my Futur set to 3.

Ian

IanM said:
andyjreid said:

I recently had similar issues with the 'swirly' bit on my neck. It seems that I had just become sloppy, and decreasing the razor pressure to almost nothing in that area has seen an improvement, even with my Futur set to 3.

Ian

Ian do you continuously use sweded with your Futur? The 2nd shave with my Feather + Futur combo was a dissapointment when the first one was cracking. This shave today was a new feather and back to the HD. I ought to learn not to chop and change though.

Thursday

Futur (set at #5)
Feather
Vulfix No.5 Pure Bristle
Arko stick
Boots Witch hazel
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm
Tabac AS

There's no doubt about it - the Futur on #5 with a Feather is THE best razor & blade combo for me for the quickest & easiest close shave. WTG & XTG and I'm a couple of stray bits of stubble away from being BBS.

Thursday

Veleiro Pre-shave Soap
Taylor of Old Bond Street Avocado Shaving Cream
Semogue 1305 Brush
ERN Crown & Sword Straight Razor
Veleiro After Shave Balm
sdc11579.jpg

Friday

Italian pure bristle brush
Futur (3) / Personna (3)
ToBS Rose shaving cream
L'Erbolario Myrtle Elixir AS
Nivea sensitive AS cream

Shave_16Apr.jpg

Pure bristle is doing a fine job, was surprised positively.
Still getting to grips with the Futur; thought it was easy to master but I am wrong. Everything needs its time.
I had judged harshly Taylor's Rose when I first got it; still not in love with the scent but overall a fairly good cream that has won its way back into the rotation.
The Clinique scruffing lotion is doing a nice job (in the absence of witch hazel).
Absolutely no burn whatsoever from the L'Erbolario Myrtle AS, no alcohol in the ingredients I suspect.
The Nivea gave me burning/stinging which I was not expecting.
Thinking of upgrading the den a bit, so many items I'd like to try (MWF, Cella, PdP soaps, some AS or ASBs, Feathers).

A nice shave with a number of small nicks though.

Have a pleasant day gents. Weekend is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom