Shave of the Day w/c Saturday 10th April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
andyjreid said:
Ian do you continuously use sweded with your Futur? The 2nd shave with my Feather + Futur combo was a dissapointment when the first one was cracking. This shave today was a new feather and back to the HD. I ought to learn not to chop and change though.

I find that Feather blades are just too much for me in the Futur. I have used Swedes, Iridiums and 7 O'Clock yellows in the Futur and they were all okay.

Ian

Friday

Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Dorco ST-300
Wilkinson Sword Blue Bowl
Kent VS30
Nivea Sensitive AB

A quick and decent shave with the Dorco, lots to do before No1 son goes back to school next week (HURRAH).

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Friday

Flare tip Rocket
Astra
No-name ebay pure badger brush
nanny's warm spice cream
alum
nivea sensitive asb
old spice fresh lime

Nanny's warm spice did really well today had to use lukewarm water but still had great lather and the lovely smell.
The Rocket is a pretty new acquisition this is my 4-5 time using it and it worked well with the astra.
.A definite BBS .The old spice fresh lime was intense , (did my face go numb fo a second?), lovely stuff,got it from connaught in a sample.
Todays shave reminded me of why exactly I don't use goo and cartidges anymore.

Friday

Futur (2.5)
Shaving Shack Blade (2)
Trumpers Almond cream
SWK Scuttle
EJ Med Silvertip
Alum
Old Spice Fresh Lime AS
Nivea ASB.

A nice quick shave. As usual i forgot that with this cream an almond sized amount makes enough lather to probably shave my dog!! Well the cat at least - so a fair amount of wastage at clean up time - better to have too much than to little though huh...?

Have a good day gents.

I was just looking at this post and I happened to imagine what I'd have made of it if seen out of context before I came to wet-shaving. Most of it would have been complete gobbledegook!

AJP said:
Futur (2.5) What the...?
Shaving Shack Blade (2) OK, I might have worked out this was a razor blade, but the '2'?
Trumpers Almond cream Hmmm...I'd never heard of Trumpers but I may have worked out this was shaving cream
SWK Scuttle No idea!!
EJ Med Silvertip Nope, don't think I'd have sussed this was a brush
Alum No way!
Old Spice Fresh Lime AS OK I would probably have worked out that AS stands for aftershave
Nivea ASB. Same here, though only after sussing the aftershave above I expect

:lol:

It is a fair one Pig Cat. I had never really looked at the posts with a non-shaving head on, but an outsider would i guess struggle.... :lol:

Ah, the jargon of the knowing......i guess every walk of life has their own type.

AJP said:
It is a fair one Pig Cat. I had never really looked at the posts with a non-shaving head on, but an outsider would i guess struggle.... :lol:

Ah, the jargon of the knowing......i guess every walk of life has their own type.

Jargon - what they do in Norfolk to keep fit. :)

I'll get my coat. :(

Friday
Merkur Slant Razor
Red Personna Blade
Semogue 1305 brush
Old Spice shaving soap
Old Spice aftershave

Friendly mutton-chops gone.
Handlebar moustache still there.

Pig Cat said:
AJP said:

Jargon - what they do in Norfolk to keep fit. :)

I'll get my coat. :(

:lol: :lol:

Friday

Gillette Fatboy (set on #4)
Feather blade
Vulfix No.5 Pure Bristle brush
Honeybee Sandalwood soap
Jasper Conran Man balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Friday

Veleiro Pre-shave Soap
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 Shaving Cream
Semogue 2040HD brush
Puma #19 7/8" Straight Razor
Musgo Real After Shave Balm
sdc11580.jpg

Friday.

Soap from Aleppo - Pre Myrsol emulsion - Semogue 830 - German Psycho - Astra #2 - TABAC - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Grey Flannel + 444.

Afeitado16-04-10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom