Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

EJ DE89L
Red Personna (3)
Vulfix 404 Bodger
Proraso Soap

Proraso AS & Proraso ASB Mix.

Smooth and very invigorating but that's enough about me, the shave was very good too!

Egged on by fellow members (as we do) I have bought a Vulfix 404 Bodger brush; it looks and feels terrific and it performs equally as well. It lost 3 or 4 bristles but that was its debut and I had expected that.

All in all, a cracking shave!

Wednesday

Proraso Pre
Merkur HD
Astra Keramik (1)
TGS Super Badger
Palmolive Shave Stick
Real Shave Co. AS Moisturiser

First shave for a few days, the Astra doesn't cope well with a first pass of several days growth but the second, and final, pass were smooth and close.

Wednesday

Futur (4)
Gillette Super Silver (2)
Erasmic Shavebowl soap
Vulfix 2235 Super
Alum
Gilette ASB
Aquatonic AS

1st time in a long time that I've had harsh feedback from the alum rub. Not much irritation now post shave but I managed another nick today which is a touch sore. I'm quite liking the over all results I get from this blade but it is also proving a little trickier to deal with.

Wednesday

Mekur 39C Sledgehammer
Topaz Platinum
Omega Pro #49
Boots Shaving Soap
Alum
Witch hazel
Nivea Cool Kick AB
Denim Black AS

Managed to nick myself on the edge of my lip :shock: , which was my own fault (mind wandering off :roll: ), apart from that another good shave from the slant, The Topaz blades gets bad press, so I had to take one for the boys, its ok not a fantastic blade and I would say I got a DFS+, the shave was shorter because the lather was turning red from my lip :oops:, anyway not a bad shave and the blood has stopped thanks to the styptick pencil (finally found it ;) ).

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Wednesday

Hot towel,
Gillette slim tto- (dont know model but its a 60's one :?: )
Tesco own label blade( surprisingly good but I think these are personnas :?: )
Old ever ready brush with Trumpers coconut oil cream (creamy,, slick,, and,, lovely :D )
Alum
Cade ASB (soooo nice!)
fresh coffee and ready for the day well 1/2 day now.
regards, beejay

Wednesday.

Gillette #58
Shark D1
Semogue LE 2009
Wool Fat
Alum
Aqua Velva Iced Blue
444 Asb

An excellent lather from the Wool Fat; i used a wetter brush & ..... The shark performed well.

Wednesday

Flare tip rocket
rapira blade (2)
vulfix 404 bodger
nanny's warm spice cream
Boots tea tree and witch hazel
nivea sensitive asb
aqua velva

Second time for nanny's warm spice cream , I like the aroma ,lathers really well very nice .
DFS

Wednesday

Blue-tip Superspeed
Feather
Omega cream
Kent BK4
Boots Witch hazel
Jasper Conran Man balm
Pinaud Clubman AS lotion

New acquisition Superspeed arrived today, just in time for a mild shave as I seem to be having an outbreak of spots which is leaving me with delicate areas. And mild it was, even armed with a Feather. I really enjoyed the return visit to my very first cream too, the Omega. I'd forgotten the tingle and the chilled feeling that the eucalyptus & menthol in it have on the skin, and to me it smells like a barbershop should. Marvellous!

Razor: Clauss Extra
Brush: Omega 40033
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
AS: Master Bayrum, AII Osage

SPM_A0730.jpg

Thursday

Futur
Swede
EJ Best Badger
D.R. Harris Arlington Shaving Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

Not used the Arlington in it's normal form (I did make a stick with it) for ages. Worked very nicely.

Ian

Thursday

EJ DE89L
Red Personna (4)
Vulfix 404 Bodger
ToOBS Cream (Mr Taylor)

Forest Fresh AS & Nivea ASB Mix.

Great hardware combo. I am so thrilled with this brush; another is needed in case I actually wear this one out!! It lost another 2 bristles but I do expect it to settle down soon.

All in all, an excellent shave!!

:shave

Pre:
RSC face scrub (running out of hot water because my daughter used it all)

Shave:
Futur + Feather
RSC moisturising cream
(all the while the twins are trying to kill each other noisily, and Mrs STG decides to hoover outside the bathroom)

2nd shave with this blade, and I could feel it dying. For that reason I didn't bother with any alcohol splash. Don't think I'll risk a 3rd shave and use a fresh one next time.

A crappy shave. The sooner the holiday is over and I can send the kids to school and the wife to work the better.

Thursday

Futur (2)
Shaving Shack blade (1)
EJ Med Silvertip
SWK Scuttle
Kent/MWF SS
Alum
CC tobacco AS
Nivea ASB

The AS was a cheapy i saw over the past week in a couple of shops around Berlin. Price ranged from between Euro 1.50 to 1.95. For that price if it was crap, i could just launch it, but it turns out to be rather good! Mrs AJP thinks it smells like the old Insignia, and it certainly does what an AS should! (So the next time i saw it, i picked up another bottle - for that price perhaps i should have got a few more!)

Have a good day gents.

Smell The Glove said:
Shave:
Futur + Feather

2nd shave with this blade, and I could feel it dying. For that reason I didn't bother with any alcohol splash. Don't think I'll risk a 3rd shave and use a fresh one next time.

Funny that, my last Feather did exactly the same. First shave was great, 2nd was rubbish and I could feel the blade had nicks in it. Also using with the Futur. However when using Feather with HD I get about 4 shaves from it. Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom