Saturday 7th October - Friday 13rd October 2023

10 October

Sterling Campania
Omega 48 Professional
Gillette Adjustable E4
Kai Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

View attachment 112137
A disappointing performance from the Omega again. Whether it’s my technique, or my hard water I just can’t get a reliable lather with a boar brush, any boar brush. The lather died in the brush between passes this morning as it has so many times before. This is very frustrating although both lathers were good neither was outstanding. The final result was very good the Kai was very smooth in the Gillette razor.
Not all bad then, but, I must stop buying and trying to use boar brushes at home they are not for me.
same experience using Stirling soaps with a boar brush (Semogue). No way to lather it, if's just diying on the brush.

Tuesday 10 October
1912 patent Gem Damaskeene today to compare with yesterday’s ER 1914. Same GEM blade 4the use. Aqua soap by RazoRoack and synthetic yew handle brush by my mate.
I couldn’t really tell the difference, both razors are very easy and comfortable to use and gave bbs in 2 passes plus pick ups.
I would say that the blade is just starting to show a downgrade. I’ll give it one more throw tomorrow.

Have a fine evening fellas!

IMG_0332.jpeg

Tuesday 10th October

ADCreHeb6_rJ-i5wNj5EiPp8Yi3lOEP-KBKrNQo3AbEflhRmoGQOQSNEVN7EE14SCwm8lsqROdlOHa3xt7s8a9ZuaYgPspNN-GaF1u6GjqA1VvW_16Ffk1Mf4mWDEnVWJzs2ZErvA8GPpWjk7zyKCCLeByvXkg=w800

Gillette Labs Quick Rinse Shave Foam
Gillette GII Plus & Schick Super II Plus (2)
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal (as Aftershave)

SOTD
Tuesday 10th October
13A72F63-06D2-45A4-8486-C9AACA8E4CD7.jpeg
Pre - Imperial Leather soap

Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Clubman Penaud synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Derby Extra (3)

Post - alum, Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB, Hidden Code Sports EDT

Refreshment - guess!

Too much lather (as usual) but a nice shave anyway. Small nick on neck (either I lost focus for a moment or blade is on the way out!)

Evening all…

SOTD 11-Oct
20231010_125038 (1).jpg
Brush: MOAR Boar (11)
Soap: SW Fougère Nemeta
Razor: Friodur 472

Wonderful shave...up until the point I got soap on my hands and the razor slipped at the end. No damage to me but the razor fell out of my hand, luckily landed on a mat...edge down...it could have been worse but...bugger!

Hope everyone has a luckier day than me!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 11/10/2023

Razor: Leaf Shave Twig
Blade: Voskhod Teflon, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

11/10/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Erasmic Cream
Razor - Rolls Razor - Stainless 1936
Blade - Rolls Razor 1953
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 41  (5).jpg
Today i had a pre shave shower to make sure my stubble was well prepped. When using the Rolls i try to emulate a straight razor shave angle, for me it is quite shallow with the spine just off the skin - the blade is after all, just a bit of a Straight wedge on a stick. The 1953 blade was honed by me using a contraption i made up from a spare roller bar from a broken down Rolls carriage.
Rolls Hone 1.jpg
I had plenty of slick lather from the Erasmic cream which punches well above its price point.
So, 3 Full passes today, i had a little difficulty under the nose as going WTG means the blade is chopping rather than slicing until i could get the correct angle. The result is a nigh on perfect BBS with a tiny bit of roughness on my left cheek when rubbing XTG.
A nice post shave with no indication from the splash.
All in all a very happy shaver today.
Enjoy your day all.

Wednesday 11 October
Gave the GEM a final flourish today in the Shield Gr 5 Titanium. The other members of the combo all had a vintage white Bakelite link. Soap dish, brush and brush travel case. I think white Bakelite looks much more elegant and art deco than brown Bakelite. Oh, and the soap was Emperor by RazoRock, thanks for asking.
The brush bristles were remarkably soft despite their short length. These vintage budget brushes can often be a tad rough and better suited to toilet bowl duty.
I digress, the brush produced a very creamy and lasting lather. The razor felt rough and on the aggressive side which it isn’t but I suspect that was the more due to the wear on the blade. No matter, with care and application of more soap a bbs finish was achieved with no issues. So happy boy I am and blade now in the used pot.
Have a great day fellas, wet weather on the way here tomorrow apparently.

IMG_0333.jpeg

11 October

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Simpson M7​
Gillette Adjustable E4
Kai Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

9EDD8928-A1F0-46BD-BDDC-F64903AB146C.jpeg
What a difference a day makes… and a top quality brush and soap, of course. A first class lather thanks to my Simpson M7 and Extro and a close and comfortable shave from the rather old Gillette Adjustable.
I’m down to the last few drops of Hibernia splash which one next?

Back
Top Bottom