Saturday 7th October - Friday 13rd October 2023

Tue 10
Soap & Aftershave Stirling BarberShop + Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Good lather from the soap whip-up nicely by the excellent brush. The splash is just fantastic!
This razor was refreshed on the HBA. The edge feels soft, silky smooth, and yet very keen. It is nice to experience some natural vs diamond balsa edge...
20231010_122910.jpg

SOTD: 10th October 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Gillette Sensitive Original Scent Shave Foam. (Green)
Blade: Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor: Parker 24C (Face) - Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) (D4)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel/ Brut Sport Style ASL./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

(Face & Head shave)

Early morning Shave,

Everything in my shave set up this morning worked together superbly.

The mild efficient Gillette Guard performed wonderfully mowing through my head/dome stubble with ease...The pivot design is a great bonus for head shaving. What i like about it is the wide gap open comb head so there is no clogging whatsoever it's super safe for head/dome shaving. The overall finish is DFS and comfortably smooth with no irritation or cuts. If only the handle had more weight, it would be perfect.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 10-Oct
20231009_174250-01.jpeg
Brush: MOAR Boar (10)
Soap: CGC/HoM Armonia
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard (2)

Wonderfully smooth shave, still prefer the pro or super for a bit more blade but still a decent finish paired with an excellent scent.

Smelling good and ready for the day ahead, hope everyone had a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Razor: Hawk V3 (A)
Blade: Feather professional (4x)
Soap: Stirling bergamot & laveneder
Which hazel
Aqua di Gio

After about 10 shaves with Hawk V3 I can draw some conclusions on my first SE.
Definitely more forgiving than any DE I have, same level of comfort as the Rex on the minimum setting.
Very pleasant feel, can't achieve a lasting BBS, more than often I don't get any BBS at all but that's fine.
"Shaving is reducing hair" somebody said. I can shave in any situation without bothering too much about preparation and get a more than good finish, and to finally quote my hero Saul Goodman (Breaking Bad)...

1696921083938.png

SOTD: 10/10/2023

Razor: Leaf Shave Twig
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Craftsman Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day !

Tue 10th October
Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
MWF
ER1912 - Bathroom set
Gem S/S ( 1 )

Al most satisfying Shave.
I haven’t use a Gem powered Razor for an age, taking the easy route using Injectors or AC/SE instead. Though I am using an ER 1912 it is the most modern of them, and works really well with the current Gem blade.
Very pleased that I was able to concentrate on the Shave, as any lapse of concentration is easily rewarded with a Nick or two. The increased shave time with this type of Razor was worth it, as I was rewarded with a nice close all round finish.

FA093065-8EB9-45DD-98A7-D84A511DE9E1.jpeg

10/10/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Vintage Brit Ingrams
Razor - ATT S1 Slant
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 41  (4).jpg
The ATT S1 is a mild and forgiving razor, however, with some practice i found i can get a wonderfully, comfortable BBS finish, i had a similar learning curve with the Feather, PILS and ERA #3 plate. The Kai DE blade does not really give any more blade feel than any other Blade.
Very nice.
Enjoy your day all.

10/10/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Vintage Brit Ingrams
Razor - ATT S1 Slant
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
View attachment 112129
The ATT S1 is a mild and forgiving razor, however, with some practice i found i can get a wonderfully, comfortable BBS finish, i had a similar learning curve with the Feather, PILS and ERA #3 plate. The Kai DE blade does not really give any more blade feel than any other Blade.
Very nice.
Enjoy your day all.
good to know, I seldom use this razor...

10 October

Sterling Campania
Omega 48 Professional
Gillette Adjustable E4
Kai Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

FB798858-3A28-40D0-8ABD-24C2B419BB62.jpeg
A disappointing performance from the Omega again. Whether it’s my technique, or my hard water I just can’t get a reliable lather with a boar brush, any boar brush. The lather died in the brush between passes this morning as it has so many times before. This is very frustrating although both lathers were good neither was outstanding. The final result was very good the Kai was very smooth in the Gillette razor.
Not all bad then, but, I must stop buying and trying to use boar brushes at home they are not for me.

Back
Top Bottom