Saturday 7th October - Friday 13rd October 2023

Wednesday 11th October

ADCreHeb6_rJ-i5wNj5EiPp8Yi3lOEP-KBKrNQo3AbEflhRmoGQOQSNEVN7EE14SCwm8lsqROdlOHa3xt7s8a9ZuaYgPspNN-GaF1u6GjqA1VvW_16Ffk1Mf4mWDEnVWJzs2ZErvA8GPpWjk7zyKCCLeByvXkg=w800

Gillette Labs Quick Rinse Shave Foam
Gillette GII Plus & Schick Super II Plus (3)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

The initial fierceness (or just age?) has worn off now and gave a lovely, smooth shave. Splash of Clubman and quite a burn, though.

Two shaves from the last two evenings and because of life my SOTD's have been rather cheap and cheerful of late. But not to change a bloody thing you are getting the same again. And so these shaves arrive pixilated with the theme, 'Cheap and cheerful'

20231010_185301.jpg

Cheap and nasty - Stainless Mongoose
Cheap and ugly - Schick Proline (and me)
Cheap as chips - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Chirpy Chirpy Cheap Cheap - Signature Soaps Condate
Cheap shit - Guerlain Homme

'Cheap. Cheap. Cheap. Expensive? Ah bollocks I'll have that as well. Cheap. Cheap. Cheap'

A Cheap load of rubbish strung together in the name of a shave and the results? Astounding. Wouldn't expect anything lesser.

Or lesser than some Japanese ladies either. Or in this case, some South Koreans. I would have some select North Korean punk girlies......but I can't find any.....

Woh! Wait a minute. There are some....even if it is a cover version

And as a second offering..

20231011_173445.jpg

Cheap muck - Muhle R89
Cheap at the price - Polsilver Lodz
Cheapskate - Highlander TSR LE
Cheap tack - Floris Elite
Cheap and Chirpy - Floris Elite

'Cheap and tacky? Why, I say'

Every shaver should have an R89 in their armoury. Can't be bothered? Want a great shave quickly? Want cheap? The 89. A legend for every reason. And cheap

Perfection

Just like these ladies who you've seen before but cheap and tacky they are. Perfection....

SOTD: 12th October 2023.

8.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Lather: Gillette Sensitive Original Scent Shave Foam. (Green)
Blade: Gillette London Bridge. (D4)
Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Splash-On-Lotion./ L'OREAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

My mini focus using the two Gillette shave foam has been an surprisingly good experience. In future shaves I will occasionally add them to my rotation.

An enjoyable smooth shave to finish my shaving week wonderfully.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'OREAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 12-Oct
20231011_111925.jpg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: SBS Homecoming
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Wizamet

Cracking shave this morning, no dramas like yesterday thankfully, but then again this is bomb proof. Wonderfully smooth run and impeccable finish.

Smelling good and ready for the day, hope everyone has a good'un.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 12/10/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 7th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

Thur 12 th October

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
Officina Artigiana
ER New Jewel Combination set
Gem S/S ( 1 )

My first outing with this set, which is perhaps incorrectly fitted with an early version of the Razor ( large drainage slots ). Actually was my first use of this version of this Classic ER Razor.
I made sure I did not rush the Shave having read that is less forgiving than later versions. I am of the same opinion, as while I did not push for the closest of Shaves, my face was a bit sore after afterwards.
This was perhaps a rather silly buy, as I have at least 5 of the ER “ Streamlines”. Perhaps swayed by the fact that it had original packaging and leather Travel case - see photo.

E990E66C-15F2-4977-86CE-2E4B7792FAA0.jpegCDCE02C2-81FB-4D3A-B390-9A322E214497.jpeg

Thur 12 th October

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
Officina Artigiana
ER New Jewel Combination set
Gem S/S ( 1 )

My first outing with this set, which is perhaps incorrectly fitted with an early version of the Razor ( large drainage slots ). Actually was my first use of this version of this Classic ER Razor.
I made sure I did not rush the Shave having read that is less forgiving than later versions. I am of the same opinion, as while I did not push for the closest of Shaves, my face was a bit sore after afterwards.
This was perhaps a rather silly buy, as I have at least 5 of the ER “ Streamlines”. Perhaps swayed by the fact that it had original packaging and leather Travel case - see photo.

View attachment 112196View attachment 112197
Very nice set!!!

IMG_4231.jpeg

SOTD 12.10.2023

Beard of 5+ days

Soap: DG MOTI
brush: Boti 3NC
Razor: CB (B) brass/wagner handle
blades: Fatip
AS: Floid genuine (Y12)

First try for this new plate (B) as well as Fatip blades. First pass was really impressive, getting rid of over 95% of whiskers, ATG pass was OK, but not as smooth as the overlander I would say. The DG behaved much better, went a touch bit higher on soap and used a synthetic which made life much easier, effortless I would say. Still I think DG is a notch below grooming dept in terms of residual slickness. AS Flöid always make a great job. The Fatip blades are good, a solid 7-, not as good as Nacet or Muster. But I am curious to try a couple more shaves with the same blade as apparently have long life

especially now and always Peace

Back
Top Bottom