Saturday 7th October - Friday 13rd October 2023

Razor = Occam’s Oren ***
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 2 )
Brush = C&H Ivory & Copper 26mm Boar
Soap = OSP Sandlewood
Splash = OSP Sandlewood
Balm = TOBS Sandlewood
IMG_2861.jpegFirst shave back in Indonesia and i thoroughly enjoyed it.
3 passes of luxurious lather,
2 passes was plenty but i liked it so much i went with the third.
This soap is my number 1 favourite and i’ll be sad when it’s done although i do have another.
I live in hope that James Riley makes a return for the good of us all.
IMG_2854.jpeg
I decided one travel set would be enough for this trip then i got a bit carried away.
7 Sets plus i forgot i left 3 sets here the last time.
Honestly i’m a complete idiot.
I’m off to Angola sometime in November / December and iv had stuff taken from my case before so this next trip will be very light,
infact i’m thinking a few Sticks.
but i might change my mind nearer the time.
Enjoy this wonderful hobby of ours TTFN

Very nice set!!!
True, but the “ Streamline” seems out of favour in UK at least. Delivers a great Shave but requires more care when using one compared to Injectors/ AC/SE Razors.

True maybe but these ERs deliver a great shave but the blade needs to be newish to get the best out of it. (yes, you could say that about all blades) The shaving action requires the razor head to be held almost flat with the face, it’s a proper hoe after all!

Friday 13th October :eek:
Karve Overlander, Croma diamant blade, De Vergulde Hand soap stick, Spalted beech handle synthetic, Old Spice shave splash
Relaxed and comfortable 2 pass shave with no issues. The Karve shows very little blade edge when set but boy does it do the job efficiently. The brass is starting to patinate very nicely.
The Dutch soap is very creamy and non irritating. Really cheap in Holland, going there soon and will stock up.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0334.jpeg

20231012_184418.jpg

SOTD

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: RazoRock Gamechanger 0.68
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Omega 10098 Boar
Soap: TGGR Highland Bothy
A/S: Denim

8 years ago, I started shaving with a DE razor. Not that much has changed in those 8 years I'm still learning with every shave

Friday 13th October

ADCreHeb6_rJ-i5wNj5EiPp8Yi3lOEP-KBKrNQo3AbEflhRmoGQOQSNEVN7EE14SCwm8lsqROdlOHa3xt7s8a9ZuaYgPspNN-GaF1u6GjqA1VvW_16Ffk1Mf4mWDEnVWJzs2ZErvA8GPpWjk7zyKCCLeByvXkg=w800

Gillette Labs Quick Rinse Shave Foam
Gillette GII Plus & Schick Super II Plus (5)
Pinaud Cluman Special Reserve After Shave Cologne

Well, that's five days with this Schick cartridge. My initial enthusiasm has waned and actually, I'd say it's not right good. Not as good as a Gillette Blue II which gets a pretty damn solid 7.9/10 for me, while I think this Schick on just five shaves gets a 6. It's not going to get any better. Shame.

And for my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am proud to present a shave themed,...........there isn't a theme tonight.

Or any gross stupidity, or Japanese ladies, or in fact anything beyond the bare bones and a good old fashion SOTD.

The new me

20231013_160848.jpg

Razor - Ikon B1
Blade - Gillette Rubie
Brush - Hive-2
Soap - Officina Artigiana
Moisturiser - Collegen
Scent - Chanel pour Monsieur
The kittens told me to do it

Hello. Today I put some nice soap on my face and then I moved my razor all over it. It was nice. At the end it was very good and there were no hairs left on my face. I smelt very pleasant.

'Goodnight'

I am apparently told that I have to finish with a video. I do so hope you enjoy....

And I do love you all. Thank you........

Of course there was a bloody theme and it was, 'I lied'. What's a Friday night without some puffyshoes?

13/10/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Erasmic Cream
Razor - ATT S1 Slant
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 41  (7).jpg
Belated post from yesterday.
Yes he is a mild & smooth operator.