S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 25th - Friday 31st January 2014, incl.

dodgy said:
Dr Dulcamara said:
Martino, why not post your pictures?

Well Good Doctor, that's a very sensible question. I will now proceed to answer it, probably in a less than sensible way.

First of all, imagine the song 'Don't cry for me, Argentina' playing softly in the back round. You know that song? Kinda sad thing, but real pretty. Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnufQVpiE70

Anyway, please don't pity me, but I have no talent for pic taking.....never did. Funny, because my dad was really into photography and had a bunch of stuff he actually used at places like weddings, dog shows, and who knows what else. Oh yeah......lots of family gathering pics too.

You know how they say a person who's good at growing things has a 'green thumb'? When it comes to using a camera I have the 'black eye'. Yes, I told you this was a sad thing.

However, I do appreciate seeing other people with talent posting things. Part of your enabling spell is a direct result of making all those shaving crap items look so damn good. I think you do that on purpose........

Ok, there's a little sarcasm that crept in, but I think it's not bad enough to get in the way too much. I hope that helps explain things.

Montessori

Oh, you choose The Carpenters! I love The Carpenters!

Prep: Sauna
Brush: Pensoftheforest extra stuffed in Desert Ironwood
Razor: Tim Zorada 2H2H
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
AS: Myrsol, Limone
Edt: Penhaligons
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

W O W, what a nice shaver this razor is ! I was a bit hesitant to buy this razor, but it was a Tim Zowada blade after all and for a very nice price (very nice indeed for a Zowada piece, not in Damascus steel, like most of his work, but I can't think that a razor can shave any better than this, no matter what steel).

F35nZu0.jpg

MRGLO
34G
Sputnik
Village Barber Oil
Body Shop Maca Root
Vie Long 14846 "Reddit"
Krampert's Bay Rum

The second shave with this combo was even better than the first.

I'd forgotten how good the maca root cream is - a tip to newbies would be to savour what you've got before splurging on loads of gear!

Dr Dulcamara said:

That woman had a pretty amazing voice. Still the best version of 'Superstar' I have heard. Must have driven everyone crazy, seeing her slowly kill herself. Sometimes the demons that go with the good stuff wins out.

Montellini

Oh Mikey, congrats on the new razor. I remember reading about that maker years ago over at SRP. Also, I'm glad to see you did recover from the 'acute cloudberry extrait poisoning'. John owes me $10, since he bet you were gonna kick the bucket. I am an optimist though.

Pay up John, you heartless bastard.

Ahh, the good M (you never told me if they actually named M in Bond after you or not, but she plays it great anyway)! Cheers and nice to see you again, I hope your vision slowly's coming back by now!? Have you been drinkin... erhh, using any good vintage AS lately, it seems the fumes has gone straight to the doom this time?

Face wash with Pears soap
Cobra Classic / Dorco
Simpson 'Rover' Manchurian Butterscotch
Cella Crema Da Barba
Proraso Green A/S
Tom Ford Italian Cypress

One of my better efforts with the Cobra of recent.

Mikael said:
Ahh, the good M (I hope your vision slowly's coming back by now!? Have you been drinkin... erhh, using any good vintage AS lately, it seems the fumes has gone straight to the doom this time?

I 'graduated' to the good stuff, since last typing at you. Yep, went to visit my cousins in West Virginny (wood people to the max), and spent time test driving the product. Heh, tough to keep from weaving on the road but it's all in fun y'all. It's rare anyone actually goes blind from the stuff if you make it right.

Better than chugging Aqua Velva!! Here's a short home movie......people say I look like an older version of Popcorn. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aON_EUHsblo

Martini

dodgy said:
Dr Dulcamara said:

That woman had a pretty amazing voice. Still the best version of 'Superstar' I have heard. Must have driven everyone crazy, seeing her slowly kill herself. Sometimes the demons that go with the good stuff wins out.

Montellini

Oh Mikey, congrats on the new razor. I remember reading about that maker years ago over at SRP. Also, I'm glad to see you did recover from the 'acute cloudberry extrait poisoning'. John owes me $10, since he bet you were gonna kick the bucket. I am an optimist though.

Pay up John, you heartless bastard.

I ain't paying you $10 martini ( the bet was if Micky dies, and gets found in some embarrassing situation) I.E found dead with dildo up arse, found dead in gimp mask and nipple clamps etc etc but,I was quiet clear on that, Micky hasn't died nor was he found in that super embarrassing scenario......thankfully, so the bets off.:dodgy:

Regards the heartless bastard John

( a man's got to have something to do in the winter)

image_zpsf5940bd2.jpg

JM Fraser Polar Ice
Iridium Super
Gillette Slim 3.3.3
Rudy Vey Custom 2 Band
Prorasso Green aftershave.

Good comfortable Sunday afternoon shave.

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Razor: DLC/UFO Red Bronze Goliath XL
Brush: NF Tubby 1

Nice shave could've done with a smudge more lather for the last pass.

SATURDAY MORNING 'LUXO' SHAVE

IMAG0719_zpsu7qbt5jg.jpg

Prep: Hot rinse, Prep massaged into beard
Razor: BRW Bulldog
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Coates Fitzwilliam
Soap: Mama Bears bacon - scuttle lathered

Excellent shave with this combo. RIP Bob and thanks for the great razor.

On a not so positive note, I think the Mama Bears novelty is wearing off. Bacon shave soap is, erm, interesting but I don't think it's for me.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: How to Grow a Moustache Meta-Nectar
Brush: Simpson 58
Razor: Muhle R89 Rosegold
Blade: Voskhod (3)
AS: Williams Aqua Velva Ice Blue

image.php

Back
Top Bottom