S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 25th - Friday 31st January 2014, incl.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Murdock pre-shave oil - Avalon
Soap: MWF - grated into dish!
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Omega boar 10005
Razor: Gillette New on Bulldog handle
Blade: Sputnik (3)
After: Brut AS, Murdock Avalon ASB

Had a bit of jip using MWF grated back into bowl but managed a DFS in the end. The Gillette New was a bit rougher than yesterday and left me with a bit of irritation on the neck but not too bad. I still reckon ATT and Weber are better suited to me than the New.
Hope it's not too wet outside for you folks today.

SOTD20140125_zpsdf10776e.jpg

fancontroller said:
Had a bit of jip using MWF grated back into bowl but managed a DFS in the end. The Gillette New was a bit rougher than yesterday and left me with a bit of irritation on the neck but not too bad. I still reckon ATT and Weber are better suited to me than the New.

Hi there,

Personally, I find a less than wonderful shave from a razor I've had good luck with in the past can be caused by not so great lather. Maybe give the razor one more shot if you liked using it before.

Saturday 25th January

SOTD25114_zpsec8a4972.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
T&H Grafton cream scuttle lathered
Custom Black Walnut & Maple TGN Finest 2 band badger (22x50)
Gillette British Bluetip Superspeed
Feather (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Aqua Velva Musk aftershave

Another fine shave. The Feather blade now finished and a different razor and blade set up for tomorrows shave. The long handle of the brush perfect for bowl lathering.

Is it proraso red week?

Saturdays shave

Gillette pre shave wash
St James hot towel pre shave
Shavecraft 101 head on stainless handle
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
SOC 2 Band
Pannacrema Vetiver
Nivea balm

First try of the pannacrema no idea on the scent cause I have a cold.

Nice tidy up shave on a Saturday.

Tonight's shave.

Koraat Kamisori (freshly honed with a new bevel and frighteningly sharp)
Rubberset brush with TGN 2 band
L'Occitaine soap
Myrsol balm and A/S
[align=center]​
[/align]

Cold water splash
Valobra Stick (grated)
Golden Nib 2-band badger knot / Vulfix Grosvenor handle
Weber Polished / Bulldog
Voskhod (4)
Clinique Post-Shave Healer
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 EdT

Managed 4 good shaves out of the Voskhod, but it's time for a new blade tomorrow. All in all a very respectable shave.

Burgundy said:
That's a truly disturbing image!

Think that's bad? Right away I thought of a body pillow, except in a midget size. I mean jeeez Rob, how twisted can one man be? Heh, here's a clip showing he's not alone in his choice of 'friends' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xIwP2Jg6zw

Eeeks,

Martin

SATURDAY MORNING 'LUXO' SHAVE

Prep: Hot rinse, Prep massaged into beard
Razor: Feather AC teak kamisori
Blade: Feather Proguard
Brush: Coates Fitzwilliam
Soap: Tabac stick - face lathered
EDT: C&S Cuba

Feather Proguard - the blade that keeps on giving. I reckon I can't be far off 30 shaves on this blade (funnily enough they are much better suited to my cackhandedness after about 10 shaves!)

Excellent shave today, really close.

Splashed the sampler of Cuba all over myself. Kept whiffing myself for a few minutes as I was paranoid about the alleged faecal note. Got my wife (who speaks her mind) to try a beakful and she couldn't smell anything untoward. I like it a lot, but aren't sure if I '£80 a bottle' like it.

Prep: Hot flannel & Warm water splash (Saturday afternoon shave)
Pre: Village Barber oil
Cream: Truefitt & Hill 1805
Brush: Orchid Isles 24mm Silvertip on Curly Koa handle
Razor: ATT Kronos with M1 plate
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
AS: Village Barber balm

782sirbrian said:
Saturday 25th January

Sorry Sir B, never got round to reading yer words. Don't get me wrong, I like words very well and all but yon picture with thon brush stole my eyes away. Lovely, just lovely. Almost reminds of a bonnie and very capable knife I once owned - a Helle Harding. T'was rosewood either end and curly birch in the middle but had a couple of leather spacers in between and was right pretty to look upon. Carved many's a bit of wood with it before I sold it for a custom.

Here's a picter:

Helle-Harding.jpg

That reminds me, I had a shave today myself:

Jagger 89L, shim, BiC
Hand-carved Beech 24mm Finest Fan
TOBS Coconut SC
Barbershop Bay Rum
Astral
Mr Taylor's Cologne

Very good indeed.

Gairdner said:
782sirbrian said:
Saturday 25th January

Sorry Sir B, never got round to reading yer words. Don't get me wrong, I like words very well and all but yon picture with thon brush stole my eyes away. Lovely, just lovely. Almost reminds of a bonnie and very capable knife I once owned - a Helle Harding. T'was rosewood either end and curly birch in the middle but had a couple of leather spacers in between and was right pretty to look upon. Carved many's a bit of wood with it before I sold it for a custom.

Here's a picter:

Helle-Harding.jpg

That reminds me, I had a shave today myself:

Jagger 89L, shim, BiC
Hand-carved Beech 24mm Finest Fan
TOBS Coconut SC
Barbershop Bay Rum
Astral
Mr Taylor's Cologne

Very good indeed.

Thank you for your kind words Graeme :icon_smile: I have some more eye candy handles coming out of my shed workshop soon keep an eye out for them :icon_wink:

Back
Top Bottom