S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 25th - Friday 31st January 2014, incl.

Saturday

RazoRock XXX
FS Pur-Tech
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem blade
Pinaud Vanilla AS
Fitjar Mint ASB

A thoroughly excellent shave, totally smooth with very little effort.

english fat handled tech
chinese gillette super blue
semogue 1800
tabac shaving soap
weleda AS balm
zino davidoff edt

a really good shave. im starting to warm to this semogue brush, its feeling like its broken in and its very nice to use.

Well, didn't I just start from the wrong end of the Schick pile? I not have a G and had a perfectly good shave, easy, intuitive and comfortable. Why am I attracted to '70s trash? Why didn't I just go straight for the lovely Gs and Es?

Well, tonight I did ...

My just brought back from the dead Schick G loaded with a fresh Personna and raring to go.

Music? Death Cult - that collection of their seminal works in the brief period between the absolutely stunning Southern Death Cult and what they then became ... The Cult.

Drink? The last dregs of last night's bottle of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum.

IMG_4638.JPG

Hot Towels
Arko Stick
Schick G - Personna Stainless PTFE (Injector) [1]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse, Alum Wash & Witch Hazel
Shibden Bay Rum
Clubman Club Mend

Face Lathered
Three Pass - With, Cross & Against the Grain

What a great shave!

I immediately clicked with this razor, did not need to find the angle since it was just there and it shaved. It shaved. The aggressiveness is just perfect; not too much, not too little.

Two weepers on my top lip, but no drama.

Splash of my homemade Bay Rum and I'm feeling altogether happy with myself.

Saturday

pre shave oil/Acqua di Parma cream/Plisson L'Occitane brush/WSP classic razor with Gillette Silver Blue/Acqua di Parma balm/Acqua di Parma Colonia

DSC_0182.JPG

AdP%20with%20Plisson.JPG

pjgh said:
Well, didn't I just start from the wrong end of the Schick pile? I not have a G and had a perfectly good shave, easy, intuitive and comfortable. Why am I attracted to '70s trash? Why didn't I just go straight for the lovely Gs and Es?

Well, tonight I did ...

My just brought back from the dead Schick G loaded with a fresh Personna and raring to go.

Music? Death Cult - that collection of their seminal works in the brief period between the absolutely stunning Southern Death Cult and what they then became ... The Cult.

Drink? The last dregs of last night's bottle of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum.

Hot Towels
Arko Stick
Schick G - Personna Stainless PTFE (Injector) [1]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse, Alum Wash & Witch Hazel
Shibden Bay Rum
Clubman Club Mend

Face Lathered
Three Pass - With, Cross & Against the Grain

What a great shave!

I immediately clicked with this razor, did not need to find the angle since it was just there and it shaved. It shaved. The aggressiveness is just perfect; not too much, not too little.

Two weepers on my top lip, but no drama.

Splash of my homemade Bay Rum and I'm feeling altogether happy with myself.

Much as I like to admit it, this is a very good contender for my vote in pic for January.

Thanks, pal ... the colours are madly off and there is some horrible flare. I took the snap on a mirror in my den under those awful lights which take an age to warm up using an archaic camera. Colour correction ain't bad, but could be better. I'll have a fiddle ... and maybe swap my initial posting for snap of the month. Maybe compose it again tomorrow in daylight ...

It's quite a serene composition.

Hot bath, hot flannel
Gillette open comb
Sterling black cherry
Gillette silver blue
Omega 49
Proraso a/s
Speick ASB

My first shave with this razor which I got today and to be honest wasn't that impressed. Found it to be quite mild and a bit light. I'll have one more try with it and then maybe pif it. Not had my 37C long but find it so efficient and easy to shave with.

Ratty said:
Konstantinos,
Slightly off thread but that Ipad stand in your photo is epic - where did you get it?

Ratty

Got it from an Apple reseller store in South Korea... No brand designation on it, comes also with a nice velvet pouch. I think I've thrown away the papers or box... And yes, it is very functional.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: TFS Neroli Strong Limited Edition
Brush: Simpson The Duke D3 Manchurian Briar
Razor: British Gillette Aristocrat #22
Blade: Voskhod (2)
AS: Dior Fahrenheit
EDT : Dior Fahrenheit

image.php

Greetings

Sunday 26th January 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick G8 Injector
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome NOS
Brush: Semogue OC Boar
Soap: Speick Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Super close and easy shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC05154.JPG

Saturday

Morning, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Sodial/Rimei
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Kiss my Face, unscented
Aftershave: Pashana
Cologne: Giorgio Beverly Hills

Looking clean, feeling smooth, and smelling pungent.

TOBS Sandalwood

Rooney Style one

Progress on 3

Personna (USA supermarket)

Baux balm

Baux EDT

Proraso Cut Healer

OUCH !!!

Didn't shave yesterday, head was full of head cold. Usually the Personna are great for me but I managed to cut my chin. I ended up giving up as it bleed so much it was literally dripping off. Blood on the floor, blood on my chest and then my top. I tried the Cut healer and still no joy, in the end it stopped after about fifteen minutes pressure.

Fitjar Shea Pleasure
Edwin Jagger boar
Gillette Guard (several shaves in)
Home made Cool Carlogne

The Guard is great for ploughing through thick wiry stubble quickly and easily. It's not like most multi-blade cartridges (probably because it isn't multi-blade)! Doesn't get me a close finish but I can always finish with a DE if I feel the need.
My aftershave took my skin from extremely cooled to feeling dry to feeling just right in about ten minutes.

Pre shave: Hot Shower
Soap: Pro Raso white
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Blade: Astra SP 3rd shave
Razor: Gillette Slim adjustable, set to 5
AS: Old Spice original

Another excellent shave using the J turn, getting better at it, a few less very minor nicks and less irritation on my neck (on the alum block scale ;) ) than with this or the usual tecchnique.

Might treat myself to a Rapria SS mid week, when I swap out the Astra SP, just to see how this technique fairs with that most excellent blade :)

Back
Top Bottom