S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 25th - Friday 31st January 2014, incl.

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Vintage Old Spice
Brush: M&F L7 Butterscotch
Razor: EJ DE89 head on ATT Kronos handle
Blade: Voskhod (1)
AS: Vintage Old Spice ASL, followed by Village Barber balm

As expected, brilliant lather but Voskhod blade delivered only a mediocre shave. BBS in 3.5 passes. I'll move the blade to the ATT head and see if it fares any better.

Mikael said:
dodgy said:
Mikael said:
Ahh, the good M (I hope your vision slowly's coming back by now!? Have you been drinkin... erhh, using any good vintage AS lately, it seems the fumes has gone straight to the doom this time?

I 'graduated' to the good stuff, since last typing at you. Yep, went to visit my cousins in West Virginny (wood people to the max), and spent time test driving the product. Heh, tough to keep from weaving on the road but it's all in fun y'all. It's rare anyone actually goes blind from the stuff if you make it right.

Better than chugging Aqua Velva!! Here's a short home movie......

Martini

Man, that was a sweet vid clip and great news that your vision's fine!

Cheers John, for beliving in me. I'll try to remember to take off the gimp suit, if I feel weak or sick.
Please do Micky, the last thing I want is to be in debt to marbles for $10, you know what he's like around money :icon_rolleyes: didn't he once kill a pensioner with a .........arko ski mask melting this eyes right out. :dodgy:

Good to see you back.

Mikael said:
Better than chugging Aqua Velva!! Here's a short home movie......

Martini

Man, that was a sweet vid clip and great news that your vision's fine!

I liked the line about each bottle having 4 fights worth of moonshine in each one.

muhle r41/ templ8 ball end handle
7 o'clock yellow
omega 49
panna crema namaste
rose of bulgaria AS
trumpers sandalwood cologne

excellent shave. im getting great shaves with the 2013 r41, i dont really want to use anything else, a wonderful razor.

Monday

Evening, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Sodial/Rimei
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Erasmic black top
Aftershave: I Coloniali Ebano Ebano

I tried a one-pass ATG with this razor partly because I was in a rush and partly out of curiosity. It delivered a visually more than satisfactory shave and a pretty close one, too. Very pleased.

Ahhhh ...

Drinking Stone's Ginger Wine and trying to drown out Big Brother with The Birthday Massacre 'Violet'.

IMG_4703.JPG

Hot Towel
Arko Stick
Pure Badger 23mm
Gillette New Standard (Frankenrazor)
Gillette Super Platinum (Indian Black) [5]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Shibden Fougere
Clubman Club Mend

Face Lathered
Two Pass - With & Cross ... nailed it!

Last shave for this Super Platinum - it did the job but just felt like it would not do another good shave.

I really like this Gillette New Standard - the angle is quite steep and so the comb doesn't really come into play. I'm glad I managed to get it fully nipped up and good looking with a Traveller handle. I've been in contact with Iain (templ8) who is going to mill me a new key for it and thought it only right to have him make me a ball end handle as well since it was the ball end Gillette that got me into collecting these razors.

Shibden Fougere? I've been brewing again :D

120ml Gin
60ml Witch Hazel
10ml Penhaligon's English Fern (Sample)
5ml Glycerine
5ml Peppermint Extract
Essential Oils: Geranium, Lavender & Tea Tree (5 drops each)
Absolute Oils: Oak Moss (5 drops)

Peppermint Extract is such a nice cooler, intense but short lived compared to as an essential oil. This blend leaves some nice top notes before the full blast of the fern EDT and the oak moss comes through ... I'll be waking up in a bed of ferns.

Cheers, all.

Prep: Lab Series face scrub, Anthony Logistics Cream
Razor: Wilkinson Sword "Sticky"
Blade: Feather
Brush: Shavemac Silvertip
Soap: Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Aftershave: Lab Series Balm
EDT: Chanel Allure Homme Sport

MONDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot rinse, Prep massaged into beard
Razor: BRW Bulldog
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Shavemac D01
Cream: Fitjar Shea Pleasure - bowl lathered

Celebrated getting my new Woodhead by whipping up an uber-lather with this brush (which is very nice indeed).

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Martin De Candre
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89BA11GBL
Blade: Voskhod (1)
AS: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

image.php

Feather AC SS non-folding
Feather AC ProGuard (1)
Semogue BC Cerda
Vitos Extra Super Coconut
Nivea Sensitive balm
Diptyque Tam Dao edt

This brush has potential. It's a nice size - like its half-brother, the Mistura - but it's far from broken in.

The Life of a PolSilver Super Iridium blade - day 9

Wash with hot water
MenU bristle brush
Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera Soap plus Ingram cream
Face lather
EJ DE89
PolSilver Super iridium (8)
Cold water rinse
Avon Essentials conditioning after shave balm

Another fabulous 2 pass & Touch up shave, maybe not quite up to yesterdays perfection but damn close. This blade may have been late finding it's feet but it's making up for it. Wonder how shave 10 will go tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom