S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 25th - Friday 31st January 2014, incl.

Tuesday evening

Merkur Progress
Astra SP
Semogue SOC boar
Cyril Salter fresh mint cream
Aqua Velva

Another great shave from the Salter cream, so good in fact that I went and ordered another tub in a different scent.

Cold water splash
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger
Weber Polished / Bulldog
Perma-Sharp Super (3)
Myrsol Emulsion
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 EdT

Hopefully the wool fat will keep me protected from the rotten weather today!

Wednesday, January 29th, 2014

Wednesday, January 29th, 2014

154542d1390999163-sun-january-26th-sat-february-01st-sotd-29012014.jpg

J.A. Henckels Platinum 401, 11/16 Extra Hollow, Spike Point

• Pre-shave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream
  • Soap: De Vergulde Hand Shaving Stick
  • Brush: Plisson Pure Badger Brush
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
  • Razor: J.A. Henckels Platinum 401, 11/16 Extra Hollow, Spike Point
  • Post-Shave: Roberts Distilled Rose Water
  • After Shave: Floïd The Genuine Aftershave

nPD2s0I.jpg

MRGLO
34G
Sputnik (3)
Irisch Moos Cream
Erasmic Boar

Third shave with the Sputnik has been the best yet - really smooth and forgiving shave.

I hadn't used the Moos in a while and enjoyed the scent so much that I plastered the leftover lather on my face and didn't use any aftershave in the hope of keeping some of it on afterwards! I think I'll be looking at the aftershave soon.

Wednesday 01-29-14. MUSIC: Miles Davis - Ballads and Blues.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2UKZEIE0os[/video]

9d3119af-6bc3-44ad-a2b8-6bb9f82e0f77_zps0eb2c3ef.jpg

Soap from Alepo - Restored brush The Golden Nib silvertip Grade A - Gillette Rocket Flare Tip - Super Iridium #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Provence Santé - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Speick - ASL Provence Santé.

muhle r41/ templ8 ball end handle
7 o'clock yellow
semogue 620
proraso red tub
skin bracer AS
givenchy pi edt

excellent shave. dug my 620 out after being completely underwhelmed by it last year, and it performed pretty well tonight. im aware this brush takes a lot of breaking in and im determined to make it work. in theory it should suit me down to the ground, as over the last few months ive started to face lather exclusively.

Pre: Village Barber oil
Cream: Indian Old Spice cream
Brush: M&F L7 Butterscotch
Razor: EJ DE89 head on ATT Kronos handle
Blade: Sputnik (1)
AS: Captain's Choice Bay Rum, followed by Village Barber balm

Sputnik blade was just as average as the Voskhod. Not very sharp but smooth nonetheless. 3-pass uninspiring BBS.

Wednesday Evening

Prep: Hot Shower

Brush: TGN 2 Band 26mm in Vulfix handle

Blade: Astra Blue(1)

Razor: Polished Weber Classic

Cream/Soap: Razorock XXX

Aftershave: Old Spice

No fuss BBS. 4 day stubble definitely results in much better shaves. No effort and very smooth, irritation free shave. Wanted to go back to this blade, much prefer it to the Astra SP. Far better for me.

First time with Old Spice (Modern version) lent to me by Scott of this parish (SM304). He said it stings like hell, I felt nothing but a nice warm glow......

Have a great evening..

Hairsuite said:
First time with Old Spice (Modern version) lent to me by Scott of this parish (SM304). He said it stings like hell, I felt nothing but a nice warm glow......

That was a proper Macaulay Culkin moment, nearly made me cry! Anyway I didn't loan you it, you can keep it, I have some Shulton stuff that'll keep me going for a bit.

This evening's shave,
Razor: ATT Atlas R2.
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra (1).
Brush: Simpson's TSN LE P8.
Pre: The Gentleman's Groom Room Shave Prep Plus.
Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender.
Aftershave: 4711.

I borrowed the ATT from Cyril (Hairsuite), what a lovely piece of engineering it is. Although I probably should've went with the M plate tonight as the R2 found a few scrapes left behind from two shaves ago with a Gillette Bigfellow, again borrowed from Cyril, that I found much too aggressive for me.

Hairsuite said:

Got to agree with Scott on that one, bought some from Asda, you know you've splashed it on. Still smells nice though.

Back
Top Bottom