S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 25th - Friday 31st January 2014, incl.

Sheeee ...

I enjoyed supermarket Old Spice tonight and didn't feel a thing. I tried Pinaud Lilac Vegatl last night for the first time and after the burn had stopped, my face went numb!

Old Spice is good. Purists (those "Shulton splashers") will tell us how the supermarket Old Spice is no good, and they may be right, but if that's all you've tried ... love it for what it is: a fine aftershave splash. It don't burn, tho'

The Shulton one, I recently acquired smells exactly how I remembered it growing up in the 80s, where the supermarket stuff is good and smells similar but it's just not quite the same.

I'd love to have a go with a Shulton bottle. I'm a little older and seem to remember in my younger days Brut being a lot stronger on by (birth) father. My step-father had/has a full beard, so no recollection of aftershaves, nor instruction in the ways of shaving.

Actually, I've taught him :D

He now has a Merkur 34C to shave up his neck and trim around the edges and talks of Penhaligon's a lot. They've an outlet over in York, close enough for both of us. Son teaching father shaving? It's all thank to you guys here :D

So nice I had to do this twice.

12196699215_a6f76ff792_b.jpg

Nuts About Cella
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Trumpers Lime Skin Food
Soap: Cella
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Omega boar 10005
Razor: Gillette Slim Adj @6
Blade: Rapira (2)
After: Aqua Velva Ice Cool AS, Murdock Avalon ASB

Not used Skin Food as a pre-shave before, so this was an experiment. No complaints and maybe equal to Proraso pre-shave; more tests needed.
Used a little too much Cella which created masses of lovely lather. Enjoying the Slim enormously, very smooth shave but still close and zero irritation. Great bit of engineering.
Result DFS and great feeling skin.
Ride to slide from Humpday to the weekend.

SOTD20140130_zps95152b73.jpg

Thursday

Nanny's Yushu soap
NF Tubby 2
Slim Adjustable
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Blue Stratos AS

Great shave once again from the Slim. Top lather from the Yushu, Sharon knows her stuff!

The Life of a PolSilver Super Iridium blade - day 10

Wash with hot water
MenU bristle brush
Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera Soap plus Ingram cream
Face lather
EJ DE89
PolSilver Super iridium (9)
Cold water rinse
Avon Signature after shave balm

3 passes, didn't quite manage 2, nearly but not quite. Also couple of minor nicks. Result still very good but over all this may be end of the road for this blade. Still 10 shaves, several of them superb.. can't complain.

Thursday

Morning, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Sodial/Rimei
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (6)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Gillette, red tube
Aftershave: Homebrew English Leather splash
Cologne: Kouros

Very smooth and problem-free shave.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n80BjMQCSzo[/video]

Lush Aqua Marina
Trumper's Limes Skin Food
La Toja!
B&B 2008 LE Badger
Merkur HD Gold
PermaSharp Super
TOBS "A Gentleman's Aftershave"
Thayers Rose Petal
Kiehl's for Men
Lush Vanishing Cream
Trumper's Eucris

Good morning, Gentlemen.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiwDHHcHPh0[/video]

Shower
Pannacrema Lavandotto soap
Truefitt & Hill Wellington Porcelain Silvertip brush
Muhle R89 Jet razor
Sputnik blade
Village Barber ASB

First try for the Lavandotto.. not one of their better scents IMO. Rushed through the shave.. neck was neglected, will have to go again tonight.

Thursday 01-30-14. MUSIC: Jazz Loves Marvin Gaye.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKjB7HHvmBU[/video]

d292de01-5bb8-4a70-a0b8-f41da1f4a7f7_zps6a3040a4.jpg

Soap from Alepo - Restored brush The Golden Nib silvertip Grade A - Feather all stainless - Super Iridium #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Coate's Sandalwood - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Geo F. Trumper's Skin Food Sandalwood - ASL Honeybee Gardens Sandalwood.

Feather AC SS non-folding
Feather AC ProGlide (3)
Semogue SOC Finest
Vitos Extra Super Coconut
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Diptyque Philosykos edp

That's the last of my Vitos. Tomorrow marks the start of using up my Stirling Anise sample.

Back
Top Bottom