LEA Stick
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Frankenrazor! Roller Guard
PermaSharp Super [1]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Brut Original

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & X/ATG

eillio kindly lent me her Roller Guard which I was very grateful to accept and enjoyed a good, mild shave with it.

I was given this Frankenrazor the other day - the base plate and the handle might be from the same razor, maybe not. The screw in end and the top plate don't seem to go together.

In all, it's a dog ... a skinny, starved dog; and like the good folks who bring those fellows back to some normality, I gave this razor a damn good clean up. I don't often resort of Brillo pads for cleaning a razor and this was the first time I got the sanding blocks out. It's come up good enough, given a reasonable clean-up and can be pressed into action. I rather like it.

It seemed a fun choice for the Roller Guard and with a PermaSharp Super dropped in, screwing the handle tight showed that this guard seriously closes the blade gap and delivers a wonderfully mild shave. I think the roller action prevents clogging that very closed gap.

While it did not bring the closest of shaves, it was certainly good. I got a couple of weepers where I went specifically against the grain leading me to think the is specifically designed for a mild shave with the grain, a shave which it did very effectively.

Thanks Di! Enjoyed!

DSC06409.JPG

DSC06410.JPG

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

AOS rebranded horn handle Plisson #8
'Webly'/Super Max Super Platinum Tiger
Tryphon Bay Rhum SS (the very last shave with this nice product.....sad to say I am out finally).
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
more of Steve's concoction used as cologne

Second shave with this blade was fine. Maybe not a top blade for me personally, but certainly a comfortable and forgiving one.

Man, I hope this juice isn't permanently extinct and that our favorite bootlegger comes back soon. The best bay rum AS/EdT interpretation I have found, and I have huffed more than a few versions. Sigh, maybe half a bottle left.

BBS results,

Martin

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Saturday 9th August 2014
Razor: Joseph Elliot 6/8ths

One very tiny nick, insignificant really, I really feel I have made a little bit of progress this morning.

Regards
Dick.

StuW said:
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 + Personna blue

Very smooth with only a few knicks. Need to practice on the chin and under-jawbone areas tho as some slight stubble still.

So Dick, whether straight or DE, practise makes perfect.

Sunday, 10.viii.2014

Predopobarba Proraso
LiJün&1980 Finest
Omega Crema da Barba
Feather All Stainless AS-D2
Czech Gillette Silver Blue
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Omega Balsamo Dopobarba

P1080647.jpg

Have a great week, gentlemen!

Sunday

Evening, everybody.