S.O.T.D. Saturday 27th May to Friday 2nd June 2017

Saturday;

IMG_4547.jpg

This Hawk with a feather pro on its second use was incredibly forgiving whilst being exceptionally smooth and close. RazoRock xXx was more than slick enough, lathered with my Midas silvertip. No nicks, no irritation, no weepers. 99% smooth and can't wait for the next one!

Nos da foneddigion - goodnight gentlemen!

Have you tried a Sputnik? It's foolish not to buy by the card if you are purchasing close to source. There are a couple of reliable auction site vendors based in Russia - Ubuntu has been mentioned here before. I've never been snagged at customs. That might just be luck. Cheers - I
Sputniks are great performers, in fact they were the first blade I ever 'did the card' with. They're still my go to blade in Gillette Adjustables.

Cheers
S

Sat 27th May
RazoRock Plissoft 22 mm
Speick Active
ES S/S Claymore V1
Schick Proline Type P [ 12 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Been round and about a bit in the last week, using a trusty PAL Injecto-Matic as a Travel Razor. Now have to find a replacement car, as repairs to mine are not cost effective , been using a hire car.

Woes aside, it is nice to be back home using a familiar shaving environment.Two days running I have
used the same set up, and have to say the Razor/Blade combination is really good for me. Despite being on its 12th use the blade is not dragging, and the finished shave is top notch all round. When time permits I may well try to get more of these blades, if others find that the Japanese source delivers the goods.

IMG_1316.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg S.O.T.D 28th May

Pre....Shower
Razor....Colonial Razors Brass General
Blade....Feather Pro Super #2
Soap....Saponifcio Varesino Stella Alpina
Brush....Semouge 2000
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Smell....Tom -Tabacco Vanille perfume oil

A very good shave indeed. The feather super works very well in the General......for me, YMMV! :)
The SV soap was outstanding, easy to lather, a good protective lather with great slide & glide with a lovely scent.
I was left as smooth as I like to be and with zero irritation, finnishing off with the BBA psb and an aplication of the Tom Ford copy here and there.

I hope you have a great day........:)

Last edited:
View attachment 25573 S.O.T.D 28th May

Pre....Shower
Razor....Colonial Razors Brass General
Blade....Feather Pro Super #2
Soap....Saponifcio Varesino Stella Alpina
Brush....Semouge 2000
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Smell....Tom -Tabacco Vanille perfume oil

A very good shave indeed. The feather super works very well in the General......for me, YMMV! :)
The SV soap was outstanding, easy to lather, a good protective lather with great slide & glide with a lovely scent.
I was left as smooth as I like to be and with zero irritation, finnishing off with the BBA psb and a aplication of the Tom Ford copy here and there.

I hope you have a great day........:)
What??? Where's old spice Sunday? Smell like a man!
This has totally thrown me out of kilter.:)
Have a good one Paul.

Sean, did you know that in the past few months Lea has released yet another updated version of their shave stick that is supposed to be the "original" version? It hasn't landed over here as of yet. I would greatly appreciate if you tried it and gave your opinion. After all, it costs less than one stripper tip for a high roller such as yourself. [emoji14] :D ;)

https://www.productosleatienda.com/en/cream-and-shaving-soap/18-shaving-soap-lea-original-50-g-.html
Next time I have order with a Spanish stockist. I suspect it will take a while to filter through to the UK directly.

What's interesting to note is that there's no mention of the puck soap on their site at all...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Third shave with the Option 5. As with my previous comment about this razor, I will use a travel analogy. This was a trip to Florence (the second most wonderful city on earth) but rather than flying, the journey was in a 2CV.

The result of the shave was fantastic but the shave itself was just not a pleasant experience. Such a shame. At least the Mrs is happy that I wont be buying one !

R41 with a gillette silver blue, second use/ simpson best badger/ proraso pre/ captains choice north soap/ thayers unscented rinse off/ proraso green balm.
I've only recently been using the proraso pre/post & although unnecessary probably( ymmv), it's very nice!
The Captains Choice soap for those who haven't used it, is very cushioning & very slick. For a non tallow soap, it's excellent! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
20170528_101235.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD:28th May 2017.
2.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Freshwood Brushless Shave Cream .

Brush: Chinese Horsehair.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Dove ~ Shaving Cream .

Blade: Shark Super Stainless (1)+ Shim.

Razor:Gillette Tech (ENG).

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Adidas~ 'Ice Dive' Eau .

Greetings,

A mild, but efficient 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report..The shim added a extra bite, which resulted in making my Gillette tech perform with sharp smooth efficiency.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.

Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday weekend ,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD_20170528-1024x1024.png

• Pre-Shave: Proraso - Green - Cream
  • Safety Razor: MÜHLE - R98 Twist
  • Blade: Voskhod
  • Shaving Brush: RazoRock - Big Bruce Plissoft (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Soap: Stirling Soap - Margaritas In The Arctic
  • Alum: De Vergulde Hand - Alum Block
  • After-Shave: Proraso - Green - Balm

I shave in the shower (not environmentally friendly but very nice):
  • Arco soap
  • Razorock Plissoft brush, face lathered
  • Razorock German 37 slant
  • New Astra SP blade, stuck in any-old-how, doesn't seem to make much difference how it is aligned, and I'm really not sure what it's meant to look like (does anyone know for sure?)
  • 2 pass shave, WTG and XTG, done carefully that's enough for me, except on my neck, which is sensitive, so I trade off not getting a really close shave with having no redness
  • Alum stick.
Then after shower:
  • Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel; I love this stuff, use it all over my face, morning and night
  • Proraso Blue Aloe after shave balm
Lovely smooth shave with almost no irritation.

Back
Top Bottom