Eufros Rosa Bourbon
M&F 3xL Finest Badger
Tradere OC (Polsilver Stainless 2)
Dr Harris Pink AS
Etro ManRose EdP

Regards
22ac8d667e3da30a7226baa75364de69.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

O4sD-KcXqD9rmV9KTvHvkY5DKISAb61ZGE9pgZSfjiOqlJp8rispRXQ5SqgL3C8RqLdk8oemRPCyAeAkaNFiRcTeQVzNXKEeaXrg12DP4ZIKcZtoq--BQygv6adB1kKSHvYurwpke8X1MuAWfHJkZH6AwCOsV0j7kgOQQLUK8tasq8onlgNAOZ8LwKHk6Q7OtVm3PR55AT4ssMX21OfiLJg3glzIq2eV18r0JxtbEYpMvQfkBUny1mSrjEUoac8cDLFuFV2BJX_gVwuvjdoUqi4fGiBG_zWrO62CFV4APIepXOO5vJB0wDBdqC1k8mtGQhlyq9QzV76X77e1o0mMZXqssfG2tdPs_0leqBdFqIPvWumKJdAINDRfwQjITanoqtaMX2sTYfvUab50hfmu6zK3ft1alQ9wV7pxaAqTfRKwsPvYVgOEY3wlOvbzepsyg5t_AU7wn_IpELBCdYO76UfkLyvM15t7pgCdM3pZtcaSeePZ4aPUTjoFLkIb3QWpDzPnPElvTiaPXeQeRgBD9xfzMZBUxbctsYsYPR9kb2G_gQVhxwLtGuc29sc-pouW6Vx8qWIvobE3PKbO7yyrPXJtE313yW_sOFHBivdzWVCLcec_K_IP8A=w879-h659-no

Brush: Semogue 830
Razor: Gibbs No 17
Blade: Personna Super Med Prep (3)
Soap: Bea Shaving Stick

My first use of the Bea shaving stick (that I can remember) and what a nice little stick. The scent is very neutral, as I write thisnow I can't remember it :D but it is clean and made for a good lather. Face lathered with the 830 today, a very rare thing for me to do, I prefer bowl lathering. A good shave with the Gibbs, most enjoyable shave of the week. I don't know what to make of these Personna's, they weren't a very comfortable blade in my experience. Finished off with some Cuba Gold, a clone of JPG Le Male, not bad for under £8.

Sunday 28th May
Zenith 507 Synth
OSP Grapefruit & Menthol
General on Rocnel handle
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink #1
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash
Nivea Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm
M5AaIgh.jpg

First time use of the Kai blade kindly gifted by @mpf9ret. I found it dragged a little bit on the 1st pass, but settled down on the subsequent passes. Overall a fair shave, but not as smooth as the Schick Prolines. But it is early days for the Kai, so not going to right them off yet.
A lovely cooling combo on this warm, close day.

Great shaves everyone!!!!

Sunday 28 May 2017

c89jg8Swp_nSwhcBf4wEcGoH0CDszasMmnHcW3mX3Hq4RQwK5ntmGS-pj9OXblHyz7c3bNHU3Y8wK9mOqs3X0N28XD9wud7fog=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi RWL34, 15/16 Full Hollow, Spanish Point, Olive Wood

There is something magic in this Mastro Livi RWL34 razor. This RWL34 stainless steel is simply amazing and gives both a very close shave and an irritation free smooth skin. I admit I am very fond about this straight razor - yes, I am very fond of all of Mastro Livi razors I have in my collection - also for the fact I personally watched its making and I also made a video of it. The edge is still very sharp and super performing - it still has the original Mastro Livi honing - and after four years it shaves like the first day. Just Mastro Livi loom strop and hand palm stropping and I was ready to experience the best shave. Amazing straight razor!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Dr. K Lime Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Super Silvertip Badger, Padouk, 24mm Knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi RWL34, 15/16 Full Hollow, Spanish Point, Olive Wood
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Mennen Skin Bracer

S.O.T.D -
Pre - Nivea men Sensitive Face Wash
Razor - Parker 96r
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - Semogue 2000
Soap - Vitos Red
Post - Nivea men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm20170528_125353 (2).jpg nice 3 pass shave today , this razor feels just the same as the Gillette slim on setting 3 or 4 not aggressive at all just the way I like , the Gillette silver blue blade worked well , I went with vitos red today love this stuff its my favorite Italian soft soap :D

Sunday 28th May 2017
SOTD 28th May.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Sensitive Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Rockwell 6C #2 plate
Blade: Astra SP (#2)
Brush: Maseto 2 Band Finest
Soap: Pré de Provence
AS: Roger & Gallet L'Homme

As I had only shaved last night there was not much to shave this morning, I decided to flip the plate to give the no. 2 setting thinking a milder plate was in order. With hindsight I am now wondering if leaving it at 4 might have been a better choice and then to have just used less passes. The shave was OK but not as close as my last shave with 6C set to 4 despite 3 passes, it was still very smooth. I am also wondering how mild no. 1 must be if this is how 2 worked for me, possibly a sharper blade might help on a lower setting for me.

Sunday's shave

Pre-shave - warm shower, Wright's Coal-tar soap, followed by Village Barbour Shave Oil
Razor - OneBlade
Blade - Feather FSH-10 (day 2)
Soap - Gentleman's Groom Room Sweet Essence of Scotland Sweet Gale Traditional Shaving Soap
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2
Post shave - Myrsol Plastic After Shave Massage and The Bluebeards Revenge Post Shave Balm.

Today's save put the OneBlade to the test - had five minutes before the start of the Monaco GP to get shaved.

Excellent shave, still need to watch what you are doing, but I never thought you could get a SE shave that feels as if you are using a cartridge razor. A good three pass shave WTG, ATG and XTG. For me, and I appreciate that YMMV, while I got a good shave with the Feather FSH-10 on day 2, the blade performance was notably down on day: no tugging; less efficient.

The Sweet Essence of Scotland Sweet Gale Traditional Shaving Soap is excellent - good lather and lubrication.

All the best,

Chris

Last edited:
Sunday 28th May 2017
View attachment 25582
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Sensitive Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Rockwell 6C #2 plate
Blade: Astra SP (#2)
Brush: Maseto 2 Band Finest
Soap: Pré de Provence
AS: Roger & Gallet L'Homme

As I had only shaved last night there was not much to shave this morning, I decided to flip the plate to give the no. 2 setting thinking a milder plate was in order. With hindsight I am now wondering if leaving it at 4 might have been a better choice and then to have just used less passes. The shave was OK but not as close as my last shave with 6C set to 4 despite 3 passes, it was still very smooth. I am also wondering how mild no. 1 must be if this is how 2 worked for me, possibly a sharper blade might help on a lower setting for me.
Wonderful soap, great post shave skin feel.

Back
Top Bottom