S.O.T.D. Saturday 27th May to Friday 2nd June 2017

Afternoon gents.
Could have given the shave a miss today, but I really fancied one after yesterday's.
Thought I would give the Rockwell another go , it suddenly occurred to me though that I don't actually know what number I am shaving at! I just received a load of bits, no box or paperwork.
Anyway, it was either a one or a three? Still very mild, and took two passes to do a clean job.
Tried the next of the new soaps which smells fantastic! Quite easy to load but thirsty, good slide but doesn't leave your skin feeling moisturised and did leave my face feeling tight, but only briefly.
Two busy days coming up now and one night, then four days up in the Midlands with some great people from all over the country.
Phoenix harvest moon soap
Rockwell 6s razor
Omega boar brush
Nacet blade #2
Atkinson's oud save the king eau de parfum
IMAG0628_1.jpg

Last edited:
Afternoon gents.
Could have given the shave a miss today, but I really fancied one after yesterday's.
Thought I would give the Rockwell another go , it suddenly occurred to me though that I don't actually know what number I am shaving at! I just received a load of bits, no box or paperwork.
Anyway, it was either a one or a three? Still very mild, and took two passes to do a clean job.
Tried the next of the new soaps which smells fantastic! Quite easy to load but thirsty, good slide but doesn't leave your skin feeling moisturised and did leave my face feeling tight, but only briefly.
Two busy days coming up now and one night, then four days up in the Midlands with some great people from all over the country.
View attachment 25583
Hi J. The plates are not numbered on the edge then? Or numbered somewhere? Very odd if un numbered, very odd indeed. :) p.

Afternoon gents.
View attachment 25583
Hi J. The plates are not numbered on the edge then? Or numbered somewhere? Very odd if un numbered, very odd indeed. :) p.

Hiya Paul, sorry, yes they are numbered but I don't know which way it works! Eg, if I place the no3 facing the blade am I shaving on three, or am I shaving on 1 which is facing away from the blade?
Hopefully this makes sense?

Noswaith Dydd Sul - Sunday evening

IMG_4560.jpg

RR Black Hawk + Feather Pro (3)
Midas 26mm
RR The Stallion
Extro Pirate

Decided, since I had the opportunity, to shave two days running. I think the more I practice, the better my technique and the less taxing each shave is on my neck/cheeks. The RazoRock Hawk is just incredible value for money. I will certainly be buying a backup one when they come back into stock. If you've not tried one, for £27 or so, you cannot go wrong. The Feather is as keen as the day it was made. It has really mellowed since first use, but it doesn't feel scraggy or tuggy so I believe there to be a good number of shaves left in it. The Midas managed to shed a few hairs so I'll be keeping an eye on it and gauging whether it's worthwhile re-knotting it in the not-to-distant future. RazoRock The Stallion soap has a 'cologne'-type scent. It's alright, but not entirely my cup of tea. I'll probably look to pass it on to someone for not a lot of money soon! Couple of stubbly-bits in the usual suspect areas (next to Adam's apple), but I don't really care. I'm 99% smooth and comfortable! The Extro Pirate gave a bit of a nip but settled down quickly. I can certainly smell it a bit better today than when I first had it, for reasons unbeknownst to me, but it's nice and light, citrus and florals but certainly easy to cover up with a fragrance of choice. I used it more for the post-shave feel which is easily up there with Extro Bay Rum, and easily about the best of my choices.

Hope you had a good weekend, all!

Afternoon gents.
View attachment 25583

Hiya Paul, sorry, yes they are numbered but I don't know which way it works! Eg, if I place the no3 facing the blade am I shaving on three, or am I shaving on 1 which is facing away from the blade?
The number you can see on the bottom of the plate once you've loaded the blade, is the number you're shaving with.;)

Afternoon gents.
View attachment 25583

Just as well we have @Shave to the grave to hand because I would have had to guess.....so now you know :) p.

Sunday

Proraso Preshave cream
Omega S Brush
NSS Cedar and Vetvier soap
ES Claymore with an Ikon Handle
Feather Pro blade . (#3)
Alum Block
Organic Unrefined Shea Butter
Selin Turkish lemon cologne

Rushing out today...so no time for my usual Sunday Straight shave,
The turkish cologne at 80% was a test of my technique!
All was good.

Back
Top Bottom