S.O.T.D. Saturday 27th May to Friday 2nd June 2017

SOTN
Evening gents
New arrival (thank you @captain_hx );
Timeless 0.68 scalloped base/head
- absolutely beautiful, on a different level to any other razor I've ever seen.
Gillette 7 o'clock Green (0)
P&B Sanskrit
MDM/Cadman 26mm HMW
Cold water & wiitch hazel
Myrsol Plastic

FXYTpEe.jpg

It's always too easy to heap praise on a new acquisition. However, I have just had the best shave full-stop. Dolphin smooth certainly! The timeless is the mutt's nuts.

SOTN
Evening gents
P&B Sanskrit
MDM/Cadman 26mm HMW
Cold water & witch hazel
Myrsol Plastic

FXYTpEe.jpg

It's always too easy to heap praise on a new acquisition. However, I have just had the best shave full-stop. Dolphin smooth certainly! The timeless is the mutt's nuts.

Oops double post, finger trouble, sorry.

Last edited:
SOTN
Evening gents
P&B Sanskrit
MDM/Cadman 26mm HMW
Cold water & wiitch hazel
Myrsol Plastic

FXYTpEe.jpg

Congrats on your razor, it's shining like a new diamond in your photo.

SOTD%20Jun%201%202017_zpsvzfr16yk.jpg

:: BLACKBIRD/STORK/VOSKHOD (awesome shave with the BB, it's been a while)

:: PALADIN (these new knots are outstanding!!!)
:: GROOMING DEPT. (a new vendor making an absolutely stellar soap, great slickness, post shave etc. I really like the scent too.)
:: MYRSOL Agua Balsamica (classic performance from a classic after shave)

Thur 1st June
RazoRock Syn.22mm
Tabac
Brass General
Schick Proline Type P [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S lotion

Used the Brass General as a follow up to the original. As I found the original too light, I use it with a heavier S/S handle and it performs quite well, though perhaps due to balance is rather harsh around the upper lip/chin.

Both Razors fitted with a Schick Blade which really works for me. With an excellent lather from the Tabac,the Shave in all areas was exceedingly smooth yet efficient and seemed to be over very quickly. Whilst the finish was very good I am not sure if it was better than those I achieve with my V1 Claymore, a few more shaves are needed. But like a few I am unsure about the handle, and feel that I would prefer one with some knurling.

IMG_1321.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD_20170602-1024x768.png

• Safety Razor: Edwin Jagger - R35611SR - Ebony / Nickle plated
  • Blade: Voskhod
  • Shaving Brush: Simpsons - Chubby 2 (Best Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Polish Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Peppermint
  • After-Shave: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Jermyn Street - Cream
  • Fragrance: Proraso - Wood And Spice - Cologne

Morning gents,

Second use of the Brass General last night, though it was my first full shave with it. A few days beard to mow through so it had a bit of a challenge. I went for a blue theme with my soap and brush, both of which are first uses to me. Starting with a new Shavemac brush, lovely brush, great knot, good backbone, very soft tips, good flow through, beautiful resin, I'm looking forward to giving it a run out with my 1912 soaps because I'd never lathered the soap I used before… B&M Arctique. It was quite a late shave last night, around 21:00, but I needed to be up to collect my Mrs so thought, bugger it, a bit of a menthol hit will keep me up. Note the use of the words “a bit”, I was wrong. This is not “a bit” of a menthol hit at all, it was like a roundhouse kick from Jean Claude Van Damme, straight to the face. This stuff had my eyes watering, partly because of hayfever, but partly because of how bloody cold it is. It's too much for me personally, it'll likely be coming to a BST near you, if you read this and it interests you, drop me a PM!

That said, it was certainly refreshing and quite a good lather was had, but I struggled a bit to concentrate on the shave when I kept thinking my face was going to fall off :D. The General shaves very well, it had a bit more audible feedback this shave, loaded with the ProLine again, on its 4th outing. Two passes later and I was smooth in the main, with no irritation, but a couple of tiny weepers. I really dislike the metallic smell of the brass, it's too strong, perhaps exacerbated by the fact my nasal passage was now completely clear from inhaling the snow caps on Mount Everest, but I picked it up even more than my first shave and it puts me off a bit, despite me really liking the razor.

Washed off with cold water (shiver), finished with some Thayers Aloe Witch Hazel and then some 1912 Classic 24 aftershave balm, which does a good job of nourishing my skin.

img_20170601_190859-01-jpeg.12768

Morning gents,

Second use of the Brass General last night, though it was my first full shave with it. A few days beard to mow through so it had a bit of a challenge. I went for a blue theme with my soap and brush, both of which are first uses to me. Starting with a new Shavemac brush, lovely brush, great knot, good backbone, very soft tips, good flow through, beautiful resin, I'm looking forward to giving it a run out with my 1912 soaps because I'd never lathered the soap I used before… B&M Arctique. It was quite a late shave last night, around 21:00, but I needed to be up to collect my Mrs so thought, bugger it, a bit of a menthol hit will keep me up. Note the use of the words “a bit”, I was wrong. This is not “a bit” of a menthol hit at all, it was like a roundhouse kick from Jean Claude Van Damme, straight to the face. This stuff had my eyes watering, partly because of hayfever, but partly because of how bloody cold it is. It's too much for me personally, it'll likely be coming to a BST near you, if you read this and it interests you, drop me a PM!

That said, it was certainly refreshing and quite a good lather was had, but I struggled a bit to concentrate on the shave when I kept thinking my face was going to fall off :D. The General shaves very well, it had a bit more audible feedback this shave, loaded with the ProLine again, on its 4th outing. Two passes later and I was smooth in the main, with no irritation, but a couple of tiny weepers. I really dislike the metallic smell of the brass, it's too strong, perhaps exacerbated by the fact my nasal passage was now completely clear from inhaling the snow caps on Mount Everest, but I picked it up even more than my first shave and it puts me off a bit, despite me really liking the razor.

Washed off with cold water (shiver), finished with some Thayers Aloe Witch Hazel and then some 1912 Classic 24 aftershave balm, which does a good job of nourishing my skin.

img_20170601_190859-01-jpeg.12768
Great looking brush , you have a fantastic sense of smell to be able to smell your razor, a blessing and a curse at the same time! :)

Back
Top Bottom