Fri 02/06/17

170602_SOTD.jpg

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, honey glycerin soap & Proraso Pre and Post Shave Cream
Razor: Rockwell 6C (#3)
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (#1)
Brush: Boots Bristle
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
AS: Nivea Men Protect 7 Care 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion

For the first time in over ten years today I shaved on back to back days. Came home from work and got caught adding to my ever growing razor collection by SWMBO (we've all been there); the Rockwell 6C I've been waiting for had arrived... So I thought I'd give it go, first and second passes were on #3 and for the third pass, switched the plate round to #1, no issues and at the indiegogo price, good value for money IMHO.

Its only nights tonight....recover tomorrow and a 12 hr long day on Sunday. Body clock will be shot. At my age ....not good. :-(
Yeah....the Blue Stratos is most definitely a blast from the past!
That's exactly what I use to do, granted it was, 7 years ago now, but it still knocked ten colours of shite out of my body clock,but like yourself, needs must.. It keeps the wolf away from the door. Regards. ;)

Friday 2nd June 2017
SOTD 2nd June.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Rockwell 6C #4 plate
Blade: Wilkinson Sword England (#1)
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip
Cream: Palmolive
AS: Lucky Tiger Bay Rum

Fantastic shave from the Rockwell 6C today, decided to try a Wilkinson Sword blade of the made in England variety and plate 4. It was so smooth it really felt like I had forgot to put the blade in! Really impressed with both the blade and the razor.

The Hans Baier brush whipped the Palmolive cream into a great lather in no time, cracking cream for the price. Finished off with generous splash of Lucky Tiger Bay Rum with no sting, which was a good sign.

60528561-EF0B-4656-9AC5-A47080A893F4_zpsuyl6tddv.jpg

Pre:
Valobra Glicerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger

Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword (2)
EDP: Parfums de Marly Galloway Royal Essence

Lovely three pass shave before an important business meeting today, so went with some old favourites.
I love the density of the Chubby Super Badger; once fully loaded, you have enough lather for four passes, if you so wish.
First use of the Galloway fragrance - absolutely beautiful.

@flashashton27 - the Galloway has a fresh citrus opening, and this is the main theme, but there is a complex undertone of musk and spice. It is also very long lasting. When testing in my travels, I preferred it to Creed GIT and Aventus (although I really liked both), but fragrances are always such a personal thing. I found the Creed fragrances to be classic, complex, and "safe", whilst the Galloway opens this way, but has this subtle devilish musk/amber undertone that really appealed to me. Thus, quite versatile, as you could wear it for both day-time work/business, and also evening social events etc.
Oh - and the meeting went brilliantly, so well chuffed for the weekend.

Fri 2nd June
RazoRock Syn. 24mm
MWF
Brass General
Schick Proline Type P [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Now just had my Tenth Shave with the Brass General, which for me is light years away from the original.I could only use that with a heavier handle. Must have got the hang of this one now, as aided by the slick lather from the MWF, I got a really smooth, comfortable and close all round shave.Would go as far as to say my best one with it. Still have reservations about the handle, and would like to try on an alternative.

Icing on the Cake today, was a clear run through the Dartford Tunnel to pick up a replacement car, and hand in the Hire Car. All accomplished without a hitch and no traffic problems- even though it is a Friday. Now have to spend time reading up the Handbook, as it seems to do everything but cook a 3 course meal !

IMG_1322.jpg

Yesterday's shave:

9226c36982cb6c110693d9511e42d01d.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glicerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: B&M Seville
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword (3)
EDP: L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe

Beautiful lather and barber sharp scent from Barrister & Mann's top selling soap. A modern classic.
Three very comfortable passes for a DFS+.
The vintage Wilkie blade pairs very well with the AS-D2 razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

401c7d41d50b65fcf0e943b3d7b01149.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glicerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017
Soap: Stirling Scots Pine Sheep soap
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword (4)
EDC: DR Harris Mayfair

First run with the Merkur Futur and Stirling Scots Pine Sheep Soap. Both performed very well indeed. The mutton lather was very luxurious, making for a comfortable shave and lovely post-shave feel. The scent is definitely Pine/forest, but not as robust as stablemates Coniferous and Ozark Mountain.
The Futur was really good first time out - three easy passes and pretty close to BBS. Blade feel was more noticeable than the AS-D2 (as expected) , but no irritation or weepers. The smooth grip took a bit of getting used to, but no issues. I really liked the heft of this razor -.just find the angle and let the blade do its job via the weight of the razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom