Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM Stainless Coated [4]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Quorum Aftershave

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG (Slide) & XTG

With a couple of days growth to remove, the first pass with a 'Gillette Slide' worked out well so the second pass was just a neaten up, really.

Lovely soap, lathered beautifully and a good toning aftershave.

Smashing!

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: ATT R2 on UFO Kaiser Short
Blade: Polsilver Si (2)
Brush Stumpy Gecko Walnut 2-Band
Soap: Proraso Menthol
Aftershave: Proraso Splash
Result: Fandabbidosey

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

ebony brush by Brian
'Roller'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
RL Safari SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
RL Safari' EdT (vintage juice)

So yeah, using my new Roller....heh. Frankenrazor with a Roller Guard Razor head stuck on a Classic Weber handle.

I am enamored with this set up and have used it three days straight so far. These deep grooves on the rollers can really be felt on my face, but not in a bad way at all. Strangest thing to find something like this magical baseplate that actually works as it was designed to.

BBS results,

Martin

This excellent pic is gratefully borrowed, with thanks to big forum member tri33.

Attachments

• roller guard2.jpg
    roller guard2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 12
That roller razor does look good! I have a torture device from the early 1900s, from Wilkinson Sword called a 'Roller Shaver' and is basically a single edge (well, intended for wedge blades) version. The Archimedes screw really does make a difference, doesn't it?

DSC06122.JPG

DSC06130.JPG

pjgh said:
That roller razor does look good! I have a torture device from the early 1900s, from Wilkinson Sword called a 'Roller Shaver' and is basically a single edge (well, intended for wedge blades) version. The Archimedes screw really does make a difference, doesn't it?

Certainly no offense meant Paul but jeeeez, that is one grotesque looking shaving....thing. Excellent candidate for your 'House of Horrors' calendar. Very creepy.

I can't see the gap. Is that an aggressive one? Does the roller make a difference in the performance somehow?

Thursday xxxi July, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, Bulldog Original Face Wash
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Vie-Long Horse/Badger 14080
Lather: Musgo Real Lime Basil Cream
Razor: iKon Open Comb
Blade: Sputnik #2
Post: Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic, Trumper's Essence of Limes Skin Food
Fragrance: Guerlain Monsieur de Mouchoir

Result: All good. Had to dispense with the services of the Wee Scot - it is too small for my sausage like fingers! It's the end of the road for the Musgo Real cream. I doubt I will replenish - scent apart I found it decidedly average and it's not the cheapest. I also squeezed the last drops from my bottle of Lucky Tiger, which caused me grave distress. I love this juice and I will restock next time I order from US of A.

All the best,

Jon

dodgy said:
pjgh said:

Certainly no offense meant Paul but jeeeez, that is one grotesque looking shaving....thing. Excellent candidate for your 'House of Horrors' calendar. Very creepy.

I can't see the gap. Is that an aggressive one? Does the roller make a difference in the performance somehow?

Yeah, the roller ... erm ... rolls, giving a smooth and comfortable run. Gap might look wide, but it's most certainly not a rough shave.

Maybe one for a Halloween themed calendar entry?

Greetings

Thursday 31st July 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillette 'New'
Blade: Treet 'Black Beauty' Carbon
Brush: Burma Shave
Soap: Tabac Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Tom Ford Black Orchid

My first DE shave since mid June and it proved to be a really good one.

Regards
Dick.

IMG_0554.JPG

Thursday:

Shower prep
Proraso Pre
Palmolive Menthol cream
Progress #2
Gillette Bleue Extra
Omega Boar
Floid Genuine AS
La Toja ASB

Loving the Palmolive Menthol, its a good as Proraso Green !

Thursday, July 31st, 2014

Thursday, July 31st, 2014

174680d1406805130-sun-july-27th-sat-august-02th-sotd-31072014.jpg

Lauterjung & Sons Puma 70, 11/16 Half Hollow, Round Point

• Pre-shave: Myrsol Emulsión
  • Soap: Valobra Menthol Shaving Soap
  • Brush: "My Father's" Omega Bristle Brush 47
  • Bowl: Chinese Cheap Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
  • Razor: Lauterjung & Sons Puma 70, 11/16 Half Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Blue After Shave