S.o.t.D Saturday 24th May to Friday 30th May 2014

Pre: Face Wash Wright's Traditional Soap and some conditioner
Brush: TOBS Pure Badger
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor: CJB with wood scales
Blade: Feather Pro

I've always fancied a Feather straight, but the cost has put me off...enter CJB. I found a tutorial on how to fit scales, so that's exactly what I did :) I also gave the blade holder a little polish.

It's my fourth shave with this particular combination and, well, I'm smitten, loving the super close shaves and the Feather blade is just starting to mellow nicely.

Tuesday xxvii, May 2014

Prep: Hot shower, Dove Men+Care Revitalising Face Wash
Pre: Cold water splash, Proraso Crema Pre Barba Green
Brush: Vulfix Boar Brute
Soap: QCS Vetiver
Razor: Valet VC3
Blade: Feather FHS-5 Hi Stainless #3
Post: Guerlain Vetiver ASL, Guerlain Vetiver Soothing After Shave Gel
Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver EdT

SotD270514_zps27692be1.jpg

Result: In the words of an 80's advert for Californian wine - this shave was "really jolly good". I've decided to give the Proraso Pre & post n run out, and hopefully finish it in the next month.

All the best,

Jon

Hippo said:

I've always fancied a Feather straight, but the cost has put me off...enter CJB. I found a tutorial on how to fit scales, so that's exactly what I did :) I also gave the blade holder a little polish.

It's my fourth shave with this particular combination and, well, I'm smitten, loving the super close shaves and the Feather blade is just starting to mellow nicely.

Good work! I recognise those scales - Sanguine R5, yes? Did you have to modify them, or did they "just fit"?

pjgh said:
Hippo said:

Good work! I recognise those scales - Sanguine R5, yes? Did you have to modify them, or did they "just fit"?

Scale spotter extraordinaire! Yes they are indeed Paul. They needed a bit of shaving around the wedge area and a little trim up the sides too. I also rounded all the edges and polished them up and treated them to a few coats of olive oil. I think I'll have a go at making some horn scales soon :)

mulligano said:
Good job Hippo! Did you use it as the Kamisori style first? If so, which way do you prefer?

Now that would have made sense wouldn't it? Rather stupidly I didn't! I was rather too keen to get the scales on it! I've got another one coming at the end of the week and it'll take me a while to get round to converting that one, so I'll give it a try and report back :)

Razor Vintage Japanese Three Kings 13/16 full hollow
Strop Kanayama Cordovan #8000
Brush Bill Jack Le Tuft Blue 8
Soap Boellis Panama 1924
Witch Hazel
TFS Begamot & Neroli Balm
Scent Tom Ford Black Orchid EDP​

Hippo said:

super Job on the CJB

Today's shave

Merkur 39C Slant
Wilkinson Sword Blade
MWF bowl lathered
Re Knotted TI brush

Old Spice Champion aftershave splash

Result BSS WTG

Clean smooth refreshed :)

Back
Top Bottom