T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
Palmolive Shaving Cream
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Microtome Kamisori
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
4711 Echt Kölnischt Wasser

Bowl Lathered
Three Pass - WTG, XTG & GTX/ATG

Phew! I made it! My first ATG with a straight ...

Lovely shave with the grain, cross the grain from the middle out and then on my third pass, it was a cross the grain but in the opposite direction from the outside to the middle including against the grain on my neck and around the round of my chin.

I got one nick. Very light, very minor and entirely down to the Mrs charging in and messing about with something. Eye off the ball for one split second and I got a very light nick on my cheek. No blood, but it will come up in a red line in an hour, or so. I've moisturised it. I should have salted it and made out it was some mensur scar.

The alum proved it a little rough, but smoother shaves will come with practice.

Positive and encouraging. I got a full and clean shave, something which I've been just a little shy of with straights so far, not quite daring that third pass. I love this Kamisori-style.

Monday morning:

Dovo Bismarck 6/8"
Simpsons The Commodore X3, Best Badger
Valobra stick
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)
Taylor of Old Bond Street, Eton College ASL

SOTD-2014-05-26-1-Alphanutau3AF0gammarhoalphaphiomicron_zpsda135dd3.jpg

Hot water prep & GFT Sandalwood Skinfood

C&E West Indian Limes cream (bowl lathered)

Shaving Shack Bucaneer Badger brush

EJ DE89 & Personna platinum chrome

C&E West Indian Limes ASB

Skipped the alum today - just when I think I've mastered the DE wet shave, the alum sticks it's middle finger up at me. Today, seen as it was a Bank Holiday, I decided ignorance is bliss [emoji3]

Zt8Jpw0.jpg

MRGLO
Village Barber Oil
CJB Kamisori
Dorco Barber Blade (5)
Nanny's Silly Soap Bamboo and White Grape with Goat's Milk
Duke 2 Pure
Matchplay AS
Matchplay EdT

Nanny's soap is really good. Initial impressions are positive - it seems to have this strange property where it makes good looking lather really quickly, but not much of it. But it then stays good and slick despite adding lots more water to add volume. Great scent too, it smells a bit too strong in the tub but really mellows into the perfect strength in the lather.

5th shave with the CJB and I think I'm getting better. I've only needed to do 2 passes - 1 WTG and 1 hybrid of XTG in places + ATG in other places - to get a perfectly acceptable shave.

pjgh said:
IMG_6198.JPG

Hot Shower
T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
Palmolive Shaving Cream
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Microtome Kamisori
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
4711 Echt Kölnischt Wasser

Bowl Lathered
Three Pass - WTG, XTG & GTX/ATG

Phew! I made it! My first ATG with a straight ...

Lovely shave with the grain, cross the grain from the middle out and then on my third pass, it was a cross the grain but in the opposite direction from the outside to the middle including against the grain on my neck and around the round of my chin.

I got one nick. Very light, very minor and entirely down to the Mrs charging in and messing about with something. Eye off the ball for one split second and I got a very light nick on my cheek. No blood, but it will come up in a red line in an hour, or so. I've moisturised it. I should have salted it and made out it was some mensur scar.

The alum proved it a little rough, but smoother shaves will come with practice.

Positive and encouraging. I got a full and clean shave, something which I've been just a little shy of with straights so far, not quite daring that third pass. I love this Kamisori-style.
Good effort. Keep us posted

Semogue 830
TOBS Limes
Merkur Progress [2]
Zorrick [1]
Arko Ice Mint
acqua di parma mandorlo di sicilia
Finally, the TOBS lathered satisfactorily. In fact it was very nice. Soaked the soap, while the brush was soaking - couple of mins. Loaded the brush for about 40secs. Masses of lovely slippery limey lather.
Progress just works with any blade so far. Truly awesome razor.
Got the Mrs swooning over the AdP mandorlo..... too, just wish it wish it was only £20!

[attachment=10649]
Pre shave hot water and oil
Wickham soap bay rum
Razor graves masterpiece
Post shave cold water alum block jovan musk
Brush Midas custom
Very nice close comfortable shave

Memorial Day here. So had to take out the Gillette '04 WW1 model. ( wonder if it was over there...)
Used it with a Pro-Silver blade. Shaved after the shower. Two passes WTG and ATG . No soap, only warm water. Very nice shave.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: The Strop Shoppe Black Tie Special Edition with Tallow
Brush: Simpson Persian Jar PJ3 in Super
Razor: Boker Elite
Moustache Razor : The Mab Dwarf Razor
AS: Floid Vigoroso

image.php

image.php

Tuesday

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC Boar
FaTip
Gillette Silver Blue
Fitjar Folgefonn ASB

Very quick this morning, the FaTip is great for clearing stubble with no fuss at all.

Back
Top Bottom