S.o.t.D Saturday 24th May to Friday 30th May 2014

I'd love to see one in Elm with a dirty great boar poking out of its top (minus it's black plastic knot-ring, of course ;))

P.S. There are only three kinds of people: Good, bad and Hibs fans. Descending order from good, naturally....:D (Hamilton fans are very good people indeed!)

14250864146_6f1884ed3f_c.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch rebranded Simpsons best
1972 Gillette SH Super Adjustable/Iridium
Jabonman Sea Breeze SS (thanks Brian)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Guy Laroche 'Drakkar Noir' EdT (vintage juice)

Been a long time since using a razor like this short black handle Super. Other than the Fatboy/Executive, this is my favorite adjustable. To me it looks better than than a Slim, and somehow feels more substantial in my hand. Shaves like a Slim, which is what I was looking for.

Very good idea about getting this wet. Extremely easy shave using a sharp blade and mild #4) setting. Dial that razor in just right and bingo.....an extremely comfortable and yet still smooth experience.

First time trying this soap and I'm glad there's more to get the lather right with. Yep, didn't use enough, or maybe I didn't whisk it as much, or maybe not enough water. Heh, that whole lather thing is a weak point and multiple attempts aren't unusual with something new.

Anyway, even with getting it wrong, the soap was good. Nice scent and post shave skin care was fine. I will figure this out and have a better idea down the road. Nice have some to play with.

BBS results,

Martin

Oh, thanks GD for mentioning today. For the foreign types I will include the US Coast Guard Marching Song....a good one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayYZg-JpMqE

semogue 1520 -( turned into a real value for money brush along with the 1305)
Fat handle Tech 2 pass WTG & ATG (am so enjoying this razor)
Astra SP (2)
T&H West Indian Lime (Tub)
Old Spice A/s vintage shulton ( Mmmh)
T&H West Indian Lime A/s Balm

Bank holiday bath and rest after a long month. In the spirit of using up stuff i have but probably wont be re-buying i tried some nivea pre-shave oil on top of a good smear of coconut butter on the face. Everytime I use the butter i get a really slick shave after.

Monday 26th May
Bank Holiday shave

SOTD26514_zps24355d44.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Dapper Dragon Jasmine & Vanilla bowl lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette NEW Deluxe
Voskhod (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lemon witch hazel
Old Spice Sensitive aftershave

Greetings

Monday 26th May 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Adjustable Injector
Blade: Schick Super Stainless Plat. NOS
Brush: Semogue Mistura
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Regards
Dick.

IMG_0344.JPG

Monday 05-26-14. MUSIC: The Ramones - Pleasant Dreams (1981).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSelg8rZrog[/video]

191dadc8-36fe-40af-aa79-e8240a40844d_zps8943eb73.jpg

Aleppo soap - Simpson Somerset Duke 3 best badger - Feather all stainless - Astra green #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Honeybee Gardens Vermont.

Cold water splash
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger
ATT Kronos M1
Sputnik (2)
Myrsol Emulsion
D.R. Harris Windsor EdT

Easy and quick 2-pass cold water shave.

Hot towel
Tobs rose cream
Midas custom silvertip
Merkur 37c
Polsilver SI (2)
Cold rinse
Skin bracer
Black xs edt

I'll be honest, I was starting to give up hope with the 37c and it's future in the rotation would be based on the result of this shave. I'd tried numerous blades in the 37c & all of them left me so effing raw you wouldn't believe. Plumped for the polsilver which already had a couple of shaves under its belt in other razors.
The result was an excellent smooth shave with absolutely zero irritation or rawness. Just need to find a blade that suits my braveheart head now.

Enjoy the rest of the week chaps.

Steve

2011 muhle r41
7 o'clock yellow
omega 10018
proraso red tub
weleda AS balm
trumpers sandalwood cologne

ive been using the 2013 r41 a lot this year, so decided to give the 2011 one a run out tonight. id forgotten how aggressive this is, not far off clean shaven with one pass. got a very good, close shave from it but it does take a lot more attention than the new version.

Back
Top Bottom