Cracking lather!

Barrister & Mann Ferox Soap
Brad Sears 30mm Manchurian Butterscotch Beehive
Cobra Classic
Kai Captain Mild (6)
An EDT I can't remember the name of
5844d52b24880761b7efe2de15094827.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Palmolive Fox - what actually happens when you drop in the glycerin to the Proraso? Does it just make it a bit smoother, a bit more lubricated, more lather? I like the smell of my Proraso Green, but find it just a bit dry compared to other soaps, so I'm interested in how glycerin may assist. Also, I prefer face lathering, so what might be a good way to add the glycerin? Just put a few drops on my brush once it is loaded up?
The main reason why i add a few drops of glycerin to my soap/cream is the water in my area of the uk is very hard, and adding the glycerin does wonders for the lather, slickness lubrication and protection..you could add the glycerin to your brush or puck before you apply it to your face..give it try,remember, you only need a small amount added, to create a wonderful, rich lather.just experiment with a few drops of water also to get the right consistancy..regards.:)

Last edited:
mpf9ret

How are you finding the Lea AS? I have been looking at this stuff on Gemstone, and it looks very attractively packaged and a reasonable price. Does it do the business, or does it tend to splash on and then the scent disappears quickly?
Has a pleasant light scent , no sting but does not linger long.

Thur 28th July
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Lea Classic Soap
PAL Adjustable
NOS Schick Super krona [ 1- Canada ]
Alum Rub & Rinse
Lea Classic A/S

Rather disappointed with today`s shave . Used this NOS blade for the first time in any razor, and in the PAL it was not as smooth and comfortable as when a "Chick" was used. Having said that , the overall finish was quite good. I have heard it said that some of the blades produced in North America were not as good as some of those made in Europe.I will of course
persevere with the blade in this razor ,and also test it out in other razors.

View attachment 19875

That's the Wrong Blade in that Injector for Sure..I Never Liked those Later Krona Blades..The Dutch Ones are the Same & Weird as Well..These Earlier Krona Blades above are Nice..;)

Billy

Wash - Meissner Tremonia Puristic
Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – Hone 15
Blade – Kai
Brush - 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
Soap – OSP Bay Rum
Post - Witch Hazel

WOW, that is one smooth shave..If you like aggressive razors, move along now, coz there's nothing here for you guys...In use the handle is just fine, there were no issues with the grip, in any way, shape, or form. This is the sort of razor you can use, if you need to buff the trouble spots, or want a daily razor that will provide an irritation free shave. The Kai was supposed to have been a bit of a baptism of fire, as it was a touch rough in the Weber. The Hone nailed it down, as I didn't notice any of the roughness I'd encountered before. I'm looking forward to Saturday, when I plan to throw Med Prep at it. BBS, and irritation free.. The Hone is a welcome addition to my DE collection.

That's the Wrong Blade in that Injector for Sure..I Never Liked those Later Krona Blades..The Dutch Ones are the Same & Weird as Well..These Earlier Krona Blades above are Nice..;)

Billy
Cheers Billy,
Looks like I brought a Pig in a Poke . At least you confirmed that my impressions of the blade were correct. Will not rush in to buy NOS blades again.
Mike

Wash - Meissner Tremonia Puristic
Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – Hone 15
Blade – Kai
Brush - 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
Soap – OSP Bay Rum
Post - Witch Hazel

WOW, that is one smooth shave..If you like aggressive razors, move along now, coz there's nothing here for you guys...In use the handle is just fine, there were no issues with the grip, in any way, shape, or form. This is the sort of razor you can use, if you need to buff the trouble spots, or want a daily razor that will provide an irritation free shave. The Kai was supposed to have been a bit of a baptism of fire, as it was a touch rough in the Weber. The Hone nailed it down, as I didn't notice any of the roughness I'd encountered before. I'm looking forward to Saturday, when I plan to throw Med Prep at it. BBS, and irritation free.. The Hone is a welcome addition to my DE collection.
Hi there, I'm pleased you like your H15 , it's so easy to use out of the box, no learning curve just irritation free effective shaving and it looks stunning, I'm loving mine.

Back
Top Bottom