Fine Platinum AS

b5b7c25a97993eafdf338235ed5b6a72.jpg

Regards

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Thursday 28th July 2016.
Thursday's shave.jpg
  • I gave yesterday's shave a miss.
  • Today shaving recipe

• warm shower / Wingman (Charge) Wash multi gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker:24C.
  • Blade:Astra superior stainless (3)
  • Brush:Erasmic pure bristle.
  • Cream: The Real Shaving co.Shaving cream (sensitive)+4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Wrights Coal Tar cold water wash.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • A/S Davidoff coolwater.
  • All week my new Parker 24C has gave me excellent shaves , the Astra SS blade is still superb, no signs of tugging or bluntness..the Wrights coal tar water wash , i've added to this shave, excellent results.nice addition to my smooth shave...have a great day.:cool:

Thur 28th July
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Lea Classic Soap
PAL Adjustable
NOS Schick Super krona [ 1- Canada ]
Alum Rub & Rinse
Lea Classic A/S

Rather disappointed with today`s shave . Used this NOS blade for the first time in any razor, and in the PAL it was not as smooth and comfortable as when a "Chick" was used. Having said that , the overall finish was quite good. I have heard it said that some of the blades produced in North America were not as good as some of those made in Europe.I will of course
persevere with the blade in this razor ,and also test it out in other razors.

IMG_0768.jpg

Thursday 28th July
Hot shower
Pre shave Myrsol emulsion
TOOBS Avocado cream (sample from Shave Dash)
TSR 2016 Shavmac brush
Steve Woodhead Scuttle
ATT S1 loaded with a Shark blade (#3)
Thayers witch hazel - Rose scent
Proraso protective Aftershave balm

Another wonderfully smooth shave with 2.5 passes. I am liking the performance of the TOOBS avocado cream (from a pea sized amount) just got to get used to the grass type scent but the performance is good, no, great!! Am thinking that for me the S1 likes Shark, Voskhod and Polsilver SI blades.

Saturday 23rd July 2016
View attachment 19792

• My shaving recipe of the day.
  • warm shower: Wrights coal tar body soap/ Nivea for men hair& face wash/ warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker:98R.
  • Blade: Wilkinson sword. (original) (4)
  • Brush: Unbranded silvertip badger (from china)
  • Soap Proraso (green)+4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • A/S Alocolado Glacial mentholated splash lotion.
  • Today i was going to try out my newly ordered (Parker 24C open comb) which should have arrived yesterday, but..it didn't so to keep in the parker mode i used my 98R, + my 4th time shaved with wilkinson sword blade.which still gave me a wonderful shave..the alcolado..is a wonderful menthol hit to the face to start the weekend..have a wonderful day.:)
Palmolive Fox - what actually happens when you drop in the glycerin to the Proraso? Does it just make it a bit smoother, a bit more lubricated, more lather? I like the smell of my Proraso Green, but find it just a bit dry compared to other soaps, so I'm interested in how glycerin may assist. Also, I prefer face lathering, so what might be a good way to add the glycerin? Just put a few drops on my brush once it is loaded up?

Thur 28th July
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Lea Classic Soap
PAL Adjustable
NOS Schick Super krona [ 1- Canada ]
Alum Rub & Rinse
Lea Classic A/S

Rather disappointed with today`s shave . Used this NOS blade for the first time in any razor, and in the PAL it was not as smooth and comfortable as when a "Chick" was used. Having said that , the overall finish was quite good. I have heard it said that some of the blades produced in North America were not as good as some of those made in Europe.I will of course
persevere with the blade in this razor ,and also test it out in other razors.

View attachment 19875

mpf9ret

How are you finding the Lea AS? I have been looking at this stuff on Gemstone, and it looks very attractively packaged and a reasonable price. Does it do the business, or does it tend to splash on and then the scent disappears quickly?

Today's shave is a third Haslinger - this time Meerslagen (seaweed)...

• Glyce soap wash and Myrsol Emulsion pre-shave
  • Haslinger seaweed soap - Plissoft brush
  • Braveheart/EJ89 + Voskhod (3)
  • Coal tar soap wash
  • Cold water rinse + Alum
  • Lucky Tiger Aspen splash
  • GFT Lime Skin Food

shave1.jpg

A very nice soap, loaded and lathered quickly and well, and provided a very comfortable shave. Quite fresh scent but not strong.
I have decided that the Wright's Coal Tar wash straight after the third pass, followed by a cold water rinse and then the alum block is much better than the CTS wash after the alum.
LT aspen is very good stuff...very refreshing - scent doesn't last long, but most of the time I don't really want it to as I like to use a balm afterwards and I don't want any clashes with either that or EDT etc.

Attachments

• shave 2.jpg
    shave 2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 5
20160728_100839.jpg
Greetings Everyone...

Pre: Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Green
Brush: Omega 80800 Boar
Soap: SV Tundra Artica (sample)
Razor: 1912 Ever Ready (US)
Blade: Gem SE
Fragrance: Encre Noire

Managed to get a sample of SV from Shave Dash (thanks again @Pete via soap forum). Not wishing to highjack into a soap thread, but the it's amazing. It reminds me of Creed Silver Mountain Water and gives a beautiful lather.

I used it with a newly acquired Omega brush and, even having only used the brush twice now, I still managed a 3-pass face lather with enough left for a squidge and touch up.

The 1912 ER is performing beautifully and I'm happy to include it in my rotation. Connaught provided some more Gem blades; so it's a keeper.

Have a great day everyone.

image.jpg Good morning to you one and all.
Second day using the Hone type 15 second use of feather blade.
Started with my normal routine, see yesterdays SOTD.
The handle is not slippery even when wet, holding the heat from the hot water dunk nicely, a reassuring weight in my hand.
First pass WTG, felt even smoother than yesterday's shave, I put this down to the feather blade, I find them to be not as harsh on the second use.
Second pass XTG, I'm really liking this razor, so easy to find the correct angle, no dramas.
Final pass ATG , smooth, no harshness whatsoever, finished, smooth face no nicks zero irritation, I'm loving this razor, a real pleasure to use.
I can see a very slight change in the finnish on the razor, starting to tarnish, it will be interesting to see what happens over time.
Tomorrows shave number three, I will be using an Astra sp, well I just received 500 of them in the post so I will see if they perform any better than the feathers on the first use.
To sum up, another great shave from the H15, I cant find anything bad to say about it and I still stand by what I said yesterday......better than my ASD2, far more effective and on par with my ATT M2 if not slightly better because of zero irritation with the ATG pass even on my neck.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Goodbye all, have a wonderful day.

SOTD 20160728

35DiDMX.jpg

Brush: Custom with finest 2-band knot.
Shaving soap: Haslinger Schafmilch.
Razor: SSSeygus black with long (100 mm) handle.
Blade: Feather (1).
After shave: Alcolado Glacial , added menthol and glycerine.

DFS++
Hi there, did you buy your haslinger in the tub or did you put in there yourself?

Back
Top Bottom