Clean shave, clean scent!

Sat 23rd July

Stirling Syn. 26mm
MWF
Gem Junior 1912- Parade
Gem S/S [ 3 ] + 1/2 Spine Shim
Alum rub/Rinse
Massimo Dutti A/S

Despite its cumbersome looks, this razor is very easy to use. Of the 1912s, this for me is the best shaver after the Damaskeene. The shave was nice and smooth,and the finish great. If anyone has trouble lathering MWF, this brush whisks up a great lather with little effort.

IMG_0763.jpg

Greetings

Saturday 23rd July 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Pall Mall Set
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Pall Mall
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Blues Soap
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: FCUK Friction

At best a moderate shave, these razors are little engineering works of art but the blades are not worth tuppence. I have two seven day sets and every blade is different in its dimensions including spine thickness and shoulder width and all have been forged on the 'wonk' with the spines out of parallel with the cutting edge. I have spent literally hours working on these blades with very little success. Unfortunately the blades are proprietary to Wilkinson and to this model so no other blade will fit and unlike a Wilkinson Empire razor, standard GEM SE blades cannot be adapted to fit this razor nor the razor to the blades, so in real terms this razor is an amusing paperweight!

Regards
Dick.

P1010720.JPG

Saturday 23rd July 2016
DSCN0047And2more_tonemapped_tonemapped.jpg

• My shaving recipe of the day.
  • warm shower: Wrights coal tar body soap/ Nivea for men hair& face wash/ warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker:98R.
  • Blade: Wilkinson sword. (original) (4)
  • Brush: Unbranded silvertip badger (from china)
  • Soap Proraso (green)+4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • A/S Alocolado Glacial mentholated splash lotion.
  • Today i was going to try out my newly ordered (Parker 24C open comb) which should have arrived yesterday, but..it didn't so to keep in the parker mode i used my 98R, + my 4th time shaved with wilkinson sword blade.which still gave me a wonderful shave..the alcolado..is a wonderful menthol hit to the face to start the weekend..have a wonderful day.:)

Sat 23rd July

Stirling Syn. 26mm
MWF
Gem Junior 1912- Parade
Gem S/S [ 3 ] + 1/2 Spine Shim
Alum rub/Rinse
Massimo Dutti A/S

Of the 1912s, this for me is the best shaver after the Damaskeene.
View attachment 19791

Greetings Mike
That's fascinating, how out of all the 1912 models and sub-models you have chosen the same two razors in the self same order as I would choose. I do not know how many 1912 models there are but it must be a whole lot!

Regards
Dick.

Cool and refreshing shave for a hot day...

Musgo Real lime soap for face wash
Myrsol Emulsion pre-shave
Denali - first use inspired by positive views on the forum - excellent lather
Braveheart/EJ89 hybrid + Voskhod (new blade)
Myrsol Formula K - wanted to use something cool and minty to go with the Denali
Proraso post shave balm - Menthol and Eucalyptus - also to go with the Denali and Formula K

shave.jpg

I enjoyed every aspect of this shave - the soap is fantastic, and the Myrsol and Proraso together help to keep the whole thing 'chilly' - perfect for the recent English heat wave.:cool: ...Tomorrow it's time for my first try of Haslinger!

Greetings

Saturday 23rd July 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Pall Mall Set
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Pall Mall
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Blues Soap
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: FCUK Friction

At best a moderate shave, these razors are little engineering works of art but the blades are not worth tuppence. I have two seven day sets and every blade is different in its dimensions including spine thickness and shoulder width and all have been forged on the 'wonk' with the spines out of parallel with the cutting edge. I have spent literally hours working on these blades with very little success. Unfortunately the blades are proprietary to Wilkinson and to this model so no other blade will fit and unlike a Wilkinson Empire razor, standard GEM SE blades cannot be adapted to fit this razor nor the razor to the blades, so in real terms this razor is an amusing paperweight!

Regards
Dick.

P1010720.JPG
One beautiful paperweight though.

Cool and refreshing shave for a hot day...

Musgo Real lime soap for face wash
Myrsol Emulsion pre-shave
Denali - first use inspired by positive views on the forum - excellent lather
Braveheart/EJ89 hybrid + Voskhod (new blade)
Myrsol Formula K - wanted to use something cool and minty to go with the Denali
Proraso post shave balm - Menthol and Eucalyptus - also to go with the Denali and Formula K

View attachment 19794

I enjoyed every aspect of this shave - the soap is fantastic, and the Myrsol and Proraso together help to keep the whole thing 'chilly' - perfect for the recent English heat wave.:cool: ...Tomorrow it's time for my first try of Haslinger!
You are in for a treat tomorrow.

Saturday 23rd July 2016
View attachment 19792

• My shaving recipe of the day.
  • warm shower: Wrights coal tar body soap/ Nivea for men hair& face wash/ warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker:98R.
  • Blade: Wilkinson sword. (original) (4)
  • Brush: Unbranded silvertip badger (from china)
  • Soap Proraso (green)+4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • A/S Alocolado Glacial mentholated splash lotion.
  • Today i was going to try out my newly ordered (Parker 24C open comb) which should have arrived yesterday, but..it didn't so to keep in the parker mode i used my 98R, + my 4th time shaved with wilkinson sword blade.which still gave me a wonderful shave..the alcolado..is a wonderful menthol hit to the face to start the weekend..have a wonderful day.:)
Those Wilkinsons just keep going & going..

For today's episode of SOTD.
no shower this morning but washed face and warm towel
Myrsol emulsion as pre shave
TOOBS Eton college collection shaving cream
My TSR 2016 brush, now back from a few days of rest
Kai Captain loaded with Feather pro for cheeks flaw and chin
ATT S1 loaded with (Gillette Rubie third innings)
thayers for afters followed by Myrsol Emulsion.

Overall another great shave. Has some irritation which I put down to the new Feather pro blade. Whilst the Gillette Rubie is a nice blade on its third shave it was struggling.

Back
Top Bottom