S.O.T.D. Saturday 22nd October to Friday 28th October 2016

Off to take MrsB for an MRI scan. Can you believe an 7:45am appointment?

Last shave with the 1912 before it goes back into rotation. Best shave of the week, not BBS but just enjoyable.

Pre: Hot water
Soap: Derby cream with 2 drops of Eucalyptus oil and 1 drop of Peppermint oil
Razor: 1912
AS: Christian Dior Fahrenheit
Hope all went well, Mark.

Best,

Stephen.

Greetings All,

Friday's ritual...
Lòreal Men's Face Wash
Omega 80800 boar
NSS Signature Warm Spice
Face lather
Gillette Aristocrat 1946-47
Schick Krona Super Stainless Steel DE #1
Thayer's, Proraso Green splash

A kind fellow donated these NOS Schick blades during an online razor purchase. I'd have used them sooner; but they were a bit of a bugger to get out of the container. However, with a little (well, a lot) of effort and a little (well, a hell of a lot) of profanity last night, one began to slide out.

I assumed it might be effectively aggressive, so I paired it with the mild Aristo. The combo gave a nice BBS shave; no touch-up necessary.

The Warm Spice is a lovely soap; great lather. A wee bit thirsty, but dipping the tips of the Omega into warm water just once gave the right balance of slickness and cushion.

All the best to you and yours.

Stephen.
20161028_103229.jpg

Merkur 30C head & Windrose handle, PolSilver Super Iridium (#2, over and out, life is too short)
Shavemac Jade Keyhole 26/52 Unique Two-Band bulb knot
The Art of Shaving Ocean Kelp
Aqua Velva
Haslinger Sandalwood after shave balm

zWs1Q8V.jpg

Off to take MrsB for an MRI scan. Can you believe an 7:45am appointment?

Last shave with the 1912 before it goes back into rotation. Best shave of the week, not BBS but just enjoyable.

Pre: Hot water
Soap: Derby cream with 2 drops of Eucalyptus oil and 1 drop of Peppermint oil
Razor: 1912
AS: Christian Dior Fahrenheit

My MRI scan was at 8.30am, best to get in and out fast without any delays. Hope all goes well.

+1 on Proraso Green products for shaving and ++1 on the menthol and Eucalyptus AS...it's long been my absolute No. 1 splash. (I would highly recommend trying it in combination with Proraso Green pre-shave cream and P&B Denali croap ;):))
Thank's for the recommendation..;) it'll probably feel like putting your head in a cold freezer:cool:..the proraso Green menthol & Eucalyptus A/S is also one of my favourites the post shave feeling is second to non, great stuff..i have a another bottle in my shaving den ready to open..i've yet to try the recently new (red) Sandalwood A/S splash..i may give it a try..i'll see what the big white bearded man leave's on christmas day...Regards.;)

Last edited:
Thank's for the recommendation..;) it'll probably feel like putting your head in a cold freezer:cool:..the proraso Green menthol & Eucalyptus A/S is also one of my favourites the post shave feeling is second to non, great stuff..i have a another bottle in my shaving den ready to open..i've yet to try the recently new (red) Sandalwood A/S splash..i may give it a try..i'll see what the big white bearded man leave's on christmas day...Regards.;)
Proraso Sandalwood a/s is really nice, imo. The post-shave feel that you get with the M&E is replaced with a moisturising, shea-butter driven one. Similar fragrance to the croap; so it layers well. A good winter combo, when use of the Proraso green may mean a longer time for your face to defrost...

Proraso Sandalwood a/s is really nice, imo. The post-shave feel that you get with the M&E is replaced with a moisturising, shea-butter driven one. Similar fragrance to the croap; so it layers well. A good winter combo, when use of the Proraso green may mean a longer time for your face to defrost...
I've pushed the boat out,and ordered a bottle for christmas.Regards.;)

Back
Top Bottom