SOTD
Pre: Hot shower
Cream: OSP 1882
Razor: Merkur 37C
Brush: Satin Tip The Purest
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
A/S: Superdrug Forest Fresh
Balm: Bulldog Sensitive

Well, it looks like OSP have hit the nail on the head again! Wonderful performance from the new OSP cream. Beautiful vintage fougere scent and great performance. Post shave feel is something else. Have a great weekend!

IMG_3982.JPG

QwFdcWO.jpg

â—¤brush: body shop synthetic â—¤soap : erasmic stick â—¤razor: gillette knack â—¤blade: astra superior stainless (#2) â—¤ post: alum

One of the instances where the photo (albeit prismaâ„¢-processed) of a shaving setup is more gratifying than the shave itself...
Erasmic is too brittle for my liking and its lather too loose and watery - only thing saving it from the bin is its scent.
Astra superior blades on the other hand are butter-smooth.

Proraso Sandalwood a/s is really nice, imo. The post-shave feel that you get with the M&E is replaced with a moisturising, shea-butter driven one. Similar fragrance to the croap; so it layers well. A good winter combo, when use of the Proraso green may mean a longer time for your face to defrost...
I always use a balm after any alcohol-based AS splash, but I have to admit to liking a nice 'zingy' feeling after a shave (especially in the morning), so I tend to go with Proraso Green (Eucalyptus and Menthol) balm as well! Later evening shaves, I'm more likely to go with something like Sanskrit or Tabac, with Floid or Clumban (or Tabac) AS;)

Friday AM 2016-10-28

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle
Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest (26mm/66mm)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (tallow)
Feather AS-D2/Triad Titanium Blue Aristocrat
Wilkinson Light Brigade (2)
Pierre Cardin aftershave (vintage) + Jovan Musk aftershave

This soap is excellent. It has a very nice cologne scent and makes great lather. I suspect it may have been made by one of the majors, much like Floris made soap for Harrods. And I like the aftershave combination; I think the sweetness of the Cardin complements the musk really well.
J1nwuah.jpg

All have a fab Friday, over and out.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your new addition Paul.
Friday 28th
VirginiaSheng Purtech
Tabac
Gillette Slim Adjustable #9
Rapira Swedish SS #4
Alum > Rinse > Duru Mandarin Cologne
Lacura Aq Cream Moisturiser
View attachment 21565
Wonderful Tabac, super performing 2pass, especially with the Slim wound up to the max. Happy days.

Good Shaves everyone!!!

Superb photo Arthur!.....Great razor the slim, will be using
The slim for tomorrow's shave;)

9c30046cc91cbd20c6c8cdb9460d47d2.jpg

Tonight's shave had a couple of firsts, the goat milk soap and Parker shavette. (I know most people don't seem to like shavettes but I don't have the budget for a decent straight and I'm not too clued up on how I would keep the thing sharp lol)

The shave! I liked the soap good lather that seemed to give a good glide. The scent is a touch strange sort of menthol mixed with boot polish.

As for the shavette this is where things got messy. I have never used a straight type razor before and after watching numerous videos I thought I would try it.

At first all went well, can really see that you can get a really close shave with them, but as soon as I tried the other side of my face things got bloody! Just couldn't get my angle right! So finished off with my trusty DE followed by a stern telling off from my alum block.

In hindsight I think I should have done the last pass with the shavette, will certainly be trying again though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSC_0299_zpsrcksykjv.jpg

99199972-c0d9-41d4-b01e-57fb6b786bcc_zpsafl9fpyj.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
GAEL Solingen 6/8th Extra Hollow
Kent Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Belter of a Shave Today with My Gael Solingen 6/8th..I have Never Seen another SR with as Thin a Grind as this One..I have Only One Other True Extra Hollow Grind SR..My Pre War Puma 6/8th..Extra Hollow Grind SRs Seem to be Rare although Some Makers Use the Term Quite Loosely..This Old Pre War Extra Hollow Grind was a Prestige's SR Made for the Spanish Market & its a Lethal Sharp Blade..;)

The Grind is So Extra Thin that it will Flex with the Slightest Pressure & Cut all the Way to Hell & Back..My Stainless Full Hollow Henckels Friodur has a Very Thin Grind as Well but Not Near as Flexible as this Carbon Steel Gael 6/8th..This Even Might be an Extra Bellied Hollow Ground..I Dunno..It Demands the Utmost Care, Focus & Attention..Its a Wedding Day Shaver for Sure as it Delivers the Smoothest & Closest Velvet Smooth Result..o_O

Not that I Plan to get Married..I Don't Like Chains..:eek:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom