Saturday 22nd October 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: L'Essor
Blade: W. Aellig Rapide
Brush: Muhle XL Synthetic
Soap: Wilkinson Sword Stick
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm
EDT: Boucheron Jaipur Homme

I was getting extremely close but very rough shaves from this blade in my Ernst Scharff Rapide, (the razor to which this blade belongs) in this razor it produces a delightful smooth forgiving close shave. This tends to evidence what I suspected that the original Rapides are not by a long way a gentle or 'friendly' razor!
Regards
Dick.

22.10.16.JPG

Sat 22nd Oct
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
OSP Bay Rum
Ever Ready 1914
Gem S/S [4 ] & 1/2 spine shim
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

After the 1924 shave of yesterday , it had to be the 1914 to try and determine a favourite. Both razors used with a Shim, and soaps which I know provide an excellent lather. Both razors are very smooth during the shave, with the 1914 producing a lot of audible noise.

I am quite sure that I was able to get a closer all round shave with the 1914, but it did take
longer. I actually enjoyed shaving more with the 1924 , maybe the use of a longer handle or the need for more concentration.

IMG_0938.jpg

Last edited:
sYiV4pAh.png

Getting my Fougere fix on this morning!

image.jpg SOTD 22nd October 2016

Razor..ATT R2 Fat handle
Blade.. Gillette Rubie #2
Soap..P&B Citra Royale
Brush..Shavemac "The Green One"
Post.. Thayers Lavender AF WH
EDP..Oud 24 hours

A late lazy shave today, everything worked in perfect harmony and left me well shaven and totally relaxed.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. Over and out.

SOTD: 22nd October 2016.
Saturday's Shave.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Pre: warm shower:/Wingman(Jetfuel) Shower Gel & Shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.

Bloom water face wash.

Razor:Muhle R41.

Blade: Derby Extra. (new).

Brush: Chinese unbranded synthetic.

Soap: Blues goat's milk tallow + 4 drops of Glycerine in the soap tin.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Post:Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture./ Boots Freshwood Aftershave Balm.

EDP : Oud Isphahan.

A Late posting from this morning's shave....from time to time i have what i consider a 10 out of 10 shave, well today since i started DE shaving in April 2016, i had the best shave i've ever had!.. no kidding, i also used my R41 with it's original handle, i normally use a aluminium gillette tech handle, but today i pushed the boat out and used the heavier handle, no irritation, nicks, bleeders at all ,totally sublime flawless 3 pass +pick ups silky smooth shave, i could have just done 2 passes, but for the hell of it i done 3..Enjoy the rest of your day, gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom