S.O.T.D. Saturday 22nd October to Friday 28th October 2016

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #2)
Blade – Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
Soap – Eufros Tobacco (Tallow)
Post - Witch Hazel, Jojoba oil.

Well, that was an uplifting shave. Although I feel the GSB is better suited to the #3 plate, it produced a flawless BBS finish, and the Eufros Tobacco was impeccable.. great lather, great protection, great glide, with a wonderful, warm tobacco scent, and a great post shave feel. Yeah, sweet!!

Saturday 22nd
Zenith 506A TS
Erasmic Soap
Star 1912
GEM SSC #6
Duru Lemon Cologne
Lacura Aq Cream Moisturiser
Blue Stratos EDT
IMG_20161022_131946396e.jpeg

First time I've used the Erasmic bowl for a long time. The reason I've avoided it is based on the small bowl making it a pain to load the brush. Once loaded the soap is a great performer in protection, slickness and post feel. I expect It'll be pushed to the back of the drawer again, but not with Homer.
The Star was a star.

Good shaves to you!

Hi All...

Lòreal face wash
Haslinger Hönig soap
Semogue 1470 boar
Face lather
English Ever Ready 1912 SE
Gem Personna SE #5 (I think)
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera witch hazel
Proraso Sandalwood a/s

An early evening shave tonight, after a long day's driving. The English 1912 delivers a terrific shave; especially in harmony with the Hönig. I recently got the Proraso as my winter splash and heartily recommend it: a lovely post-shave feel. I'll layer it with the sandalwood soap in due course.

I hope Electrif doesn't mind me stealing his inspiration for the foto below...

All the best to you and yours...

Stephen
20161022_180220.jpg

OK...I'm cheating here...I accidentally posted this in last week's SOTD thread, so I've re-posted it here. Not sure if I'm breaking yet another TSR rule, but I'm sure I'll get admonished if I have!

Pot of the day...

For my second shave with the slant I've gone for Haslinger Aloe Vera soap...

The shave: Hot shower + Proraso Red pre-shave cream / Haslinger Aloe Vera / The Duke / Merkur 37C Slant + Nacet(2) / Wright's Coal tar soap wash, followed by cold rinse and Thayers / Tuff Herb AS splash, followed by Myrsol Emulsion.

Another nice shave with the slant and I'm pleasantly surprised by the Tuff Herb AS. I've also started using Myrsol Emulsion as a post-shave balm rather than exclusively as a pre-shave, and that's rather good too.

BTW...I bought 3 of the Tuff flavours: the Herb and the one called Fresh (I think) are pretty good, but they do one which is labelled as 'sensitive' and is scent-free...it might as well be vodka...that's exactly how it smells!:eek::confused:...my advice: avoid that one (or at least don't put it on before you drive!)

Happy shaving all;):)

index.php

Last edited:
OK...I'm cheating here...I accidentally posted this in last week's SOTD thread, so I've re-posted it here. Not sure if I'm breaking yet another TSR rule, but I'm sure I'll get admonished if I have!

Pot of the day...

For my second shave with the slant I've gone for Haslinger Aloe Vera soap...

The shave: Hot shower + Proraso Red pre-shave cream / Haslinger Aloe Vera / The Duke / Merkur 37C Slant + Nacet(2) / Wright's Coal tar soap wash, followed by cold rinse and Thayers / Tuff Herb AS splash, followed by Myrsol Emulsion.

Another nice shave with the slant and I'm pleasantly surprised by the Tuff Herb AS. I've also started using Myrsol Emulsion as a post-shave balm rather than exclusively as a pre-shave, and that's rather good too.

BTW...I bought 3 of the Tuff flavours: the Heb and the one called Fresh (I think) are pretty good, but they do one which is labelled as 'sensitive' and is scent-free...it might as well be vodka...that's exactly how it smells!:eek::confused:...my advice: avoid that one (or at least don't put it on before you drive!)

Happy shaving all;):)

index.php
Nice to have you in the right time zone :)

Back
Top Bottom