As always, nice photos Bilbo!

Tuesday

T&H 1805 cream
Semogue 2012 SE
#15 Aristocrat
Voskhod
Pinaud Clubman AS
T&H Trafalgar EdT

Not the greatest shave this morning, picked up a couple of weepers, not sure why.

Prep: Hot Shower and a Wee Bit Of Conditioner
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood (running low on this so a decision time as to what's next!)
Razor: Merkur Digress
Blade: Astra SP

A great shave, this is the pass around Digress and the first time I've face shaved with it. I did use it to head shave at the weekend, a job at which it excelled at. Face shave wise it's great, lovely balance and nice and weighty so there's no temptation to add any pressure! I set it to 3 and the resultant shave is nice and smooth BBS all over :)

ZdoVPl3.jpg

MRGLO
Brass Knobbed Digress
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
TOBS Imitation Badger
Wickham Super Smooth Soap
Krampert's Finest Bay Rum

Second shave with the Digress and Fox's Wickham Soap. Dare I say it? This combination is absolutely perfect!

I cranked the Digress up to 4.5 for the first 2 passes and only needed a third pass (at 3) for a wee bit of buffing. I used the alum again today and, yet again, not the slightest burn.

Now to the soap. My first time with it I compared it favourably with the vintage Old Spice (which is my favourite soap). I think I can safely say that I wasn't wrong!
I loaded the brush for, maybe, 20 seconds or so. I then whipped up some glorious lather in next to no time. So good was this lather that I felt the need to take a photo (I think I did the same the first time I used the Old Spice):

7fRDnbP.jpg

I know that I got one of the unusual "mixed scent" samples, so can't properly comment on the normal scents, but this sample smells amazing - a combination of Bay Rum and Club Cola - and it stayed noticeable during the shave as well.

I'm not a comprehensive expert on artisan soaps, having tried just a couple, but I have a lot of the "big name" soaps and can say that this one is just as good, if not better, than most of them.

Anyway, apologies for the essay. I'll finish by saying: Well done Darron!

Tuesday Mid-Morning

Pre: T&H No. 10 scrub
Cream: Homemade mix of Ingrams and Palmolive
Brush: Simpsons Badger
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
A/S: Old Spice
Balm: 50/50 mix of Old Spice and T&H No. 10 balm

First shave with my hybrid cream. Had a tube of each almost empty so I decanted them into an empty Proraso pre/post tub and mixed them together. Resulting goo looks like something from Ghostbusters but it was nice to shave with. No better or worse than either cream on its on but just a nice scent with a bit of menthol thrown in.

Tuesday

Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Arko stick
Aftershave: Superdrug Forest Fresh

An accidental BBS with no problems. I really like these Gillette blades.

Tuesday 25th March

SOTD25314_zpsbce45d58.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Tabac stick grated scuttle lathered
Brush made by myself, Finest badger 24mm
Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Feather (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Tabac aftershave

A grand shave, finishing with the Tabac aftershave bought from the half price sale at Boot's.

Tuesday 03-25-14. MUSIC: Woody Allen - Songs from Woody Allen's Films.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bb2kdg9mSI[/video]

f3843761-a160-4d5e-a882-448770064135_zpsc5f05929.jpg

Aleppo soap - Somerset Simpson Duke3 best badger - Feather all stainless - Astra green #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mystic Water Marrakesh - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Weleda - ASL Weleda.

Back
Top Bottom