S.O.T.D. Saturday 20th August to Friday 26th August 2016

Evening all. A BIG breakthrough tonight thanks to the generous gift from @Blademonkey.

Prep: Hot shower and Nivea face scrub.
Pre: Bloom water.
Razor: ATT R1
Blade: PolSilver (2)
Brush: 'The Blademonkey' badger brush.
Soap: P&B 'Spitfire'
Post: Hot & Cold rinse, Thayers unscented witch hazel and Myrsol 'Masaje Antesol'

My first time using a badger brush and all I can say is......

Straight away when I started loading the brush I knew I was on to a winner. It sounds an odd thing to say but it just sounded right.
When I've used my Razorock Plissoft I struggled to load the brush. With the badger it was so much easier.
It was a massive relief to be honest. I was starting to get a down about my lather. Talk about 'First World Problems'.

The most comfortable shave yet, during and afterwards. I did nick my nostril but nothing a bit of cold water couldn't sort out.

It's been a good night. Coming home to find Blademonkey's brush and then having a top shave. Come on!
Enjoy the long weekend chaps! Thanks again @Blademonkey.

Nice one Rob, I'm pleased it worked out for you, great lather shot!

8145eb86d48d0dc1d062a9d876a981f3.jpg

Fruity shave tonight.

DFS Barrister & Mann LE Soap
Gustavo Romera Rustic Barber 26mm Manchurian
Mongoose B2 Satin
Kai Captain Mild (13)
Zen Sun Shiseido Edt

Last edited:
Evening all. A BIG breakthrough tonight thanks to the generous gift from @Blademonkey.

Prep: Hot shower and Nivea face scrub.
Pre: Bloom water.
Razor: ATT R1
Blade: PolSilver (2)
Brush: 'The Blademonkey' badger brush.
Soap: P&B 'Spitfire'
Post: Hot & Cold rinse, Thayers unscented witch hazel and Myrsol 'Masaje Antesol'

My first time using a badger brush and all I can say is......

Straight away when I started loading the brush I knew I was on to a winner. It sounds an odd thing to say but it just sounded right.
When I've used my Razorock Plissoft I struggled to load the brush. With the badger it was so much easier.
It was a massive relief to be honest. I was starting to get a down about my lather. Talk about 'First World Problems'.

The most comfortable shave yet, during and afterwards. I did nick my nostril but nothing a bit of cold water couldn't sort out.

It's been a good night. Coming home to find Blademonkey's brush and then having a top shave. Come on!
Enjoy the long weekend chaps! Thanks again @Blademonkey.

First...anything called 'Blademonkey' is going to be good...we can take that as a given. Also, your overall selection of shaving cream etc sounds really cool. I am, however, surprised about your difficulty with the RazoRock Plissoft...that goes against my own experience. Please, whatever you do, don't give up on it...it really is an excellent brush...for me it beats many badger and other hair brushes. As you have one, it would be a shame not to explore its possibilities! Anyone on this forum who disagrees?

image.jpg SOTD Friday 26th August 2016. Good morning to all of you in The Shaving Room.

Prep..shower
Pre shave..bloom water
Razor..Hone type 15
Blade..Astra SP #2
Brush..Kent BK12
Soap.. Blue's goat milk
Post shave..thayers AF WH
EDC..Tabac

A predictable and wonderful shave from the H15 and Astra SP, three passes + clean up and was left with a face as smooth as silk.
Finnished off with my usual splash of Thayers and a few dabs of Tabac behind ears, back of neck and on my wrists.
Feeling fully refreshed and ready for the day.

I'm hoping you will all have a fabulous Friday.
Over and out.

Last edited:
Fri 26th Aug
Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Red croap
Mercer Progress LH
Personna Lab blue
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Myrsol Antesol A/S

Continuing my brief foray back into DE Razors. I have mainly adjustables, as though I do not change the settings much, I like their extra heft, which allows the you to use that weight with no pressure to get an effective Shave.
Today with no shaver errors, I got one of those typical smooth and close shaves which the Progress is known for. Though i have now mainly adjustables , I do have a Flare - Tip acquired in a job lot which I might try.

IMG_0811.jpg

View attachment 20389 SOTD Friday 26th August 2016. Good morning to all of you in The Shaving Room.

Prep..shower
Pre shave..bloom water
Razor..Hone type 15
Blade..Astra SP #2
Brush..Kent BK12
Soap.. Blue's goat milk
Post shave..thayers AF WH
EDC..Tabac

A predictable and wonderful shave from the H15 and Astra SP, three passes + clean up and was left with a face as smooth as silk.
Finnished off with my usual splash of Thayers and a few dabs of Tabac behind ears, back of neck and on my wrists.
Feeling fully refreshed and ready for the day.

I'm hoping you will all have a fabulous Friday.
Over and out.

Nice pic bm , the brush looks great in that shot.

Back
Top Bottom