Razor - Parker Variant
Blade - Polsilver SI
Brush - Maseto 30mm silvertip
Soap - Wickham's Citrus Musk
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Wickham's Citrus Musk
Balm - Weleda
Scent - Hermes D'Orange Verte.

Result - I wasn't going to shave until tomorrow but the siren call of the Maseto was too strong to resist - that and reading other people's excellent posts here today made it a done-deal. I pointed the wall of badger at a hard soap to see what happened - it dealt with it no problem. Just as good as with a cream. One thing that's obvious about the knot - despite its size - is that it doesn't hog the lather, it's given up easily. The Maseto is officially my new favourite thing - and it's only going to get better with use. I don't use this soap enough - it is excellent for me. The performance and scent are really top-end. Lathers easily and it's not fussy to use. A splash of the matching aftershave and then some Weleda to finish. I'm not super keen on the smell of it but that's not what it's for - the performance cannot be faulted in my experience. So - another great shave. I'm smooth, relaxed and I smell nice. You know - I feel sorry for my Chubb - years of faithful service - week in and week out. Then some flash piece a third of it's age turns up flaunting her silver locks and I'm agog. I'm shallow - what can I say? Enjoy your shaves one and all - cheers - I.

Is there a conspiracy to make me buy a Maseto 30mm ??

Afternoon shave today. The Mrs is on a late shift so I've had the place to myself.

Wash/ Nivea a Men Sensitive
Palmolive cream
Mason Pearson pure badger
Merkur 37c / Shark (1)
Proraso Green ASL
Oud 24

Very chilled out 3 passes without any faults
I like shaving when I'm home alone, the only distraction is the dog watching from the landing!
I got a bit of a tingle from the Proraso, I've noticed this with Shark blades on their first shave, even more so with Feathers.

I've got hand written instructions for cooking my dinner, but I can hear eBay calling, . . . . . 30mm Maseto!!

Saturday AM 2017-07-01

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle (Hamada & Persimmon)
Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest #1 (24mm/54mm)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving soap (vintage) + Sienna shaving cream (vintage)
Weber PH/Stork Diplomat Titanium
Wilkinson Light Brigade (5)
Guerlain Habit Rouge

An excellent shave. The Sienna products are the equal of any of the best vintage soaps and creams. The Weber PH was actually smoother than I remember the DLC being, even smoother than the Charcoal Goods L1 I also recently bought. However, the top cap is slightly shorter than the base plate, exposing the blade ends slightly, making me think it may not be the correct cap. And the Habit Rouge is a warm, sweet, woody Oriental, very soothing.
0rzVnkJ.jpg

A most excellent shave this Canada Day morning using one of my moat prized razors, I do not have any of my direct ancestors shaving paraphernalia, so when I get a razor from someone that I know, I cherish the memory of whom it belonged to. This month is going to be a month of the NEW razor. This also includes the Goodwill razors based on the NEW design and also New Improved's. I have 9 of these styles of razors, that I will intersperse using during the month of July. Canada Day also marks the beginning of One Week of Fatness, using Mitchell's Wool Fat from the 1st of July through to the 7th.
For this mornings shave, I used a Canadian razor and brush. The Red and Black made in Canada NEW LC set belonged to Uncle Bob, who was married to my Lady's Aunt. Thank you Aunt Betty for allowing me to continue to enjoy these fine shaving instruments. The brush was a NOS Simms boar that I picked up NIB and have been using for a couple of years, ad made excellent FAT lather. I am still trying to get the hang of the shavette, so I gave it a go on the first pass. A little better today as I did not draw blood. The remainder of the shave was uneventful as the NEW loaded with a Minora sliced smoothly over my face removing the remainder of whiskers. A little Gentleman's Pride ASB, Lucky Tiger, with a generous splash of English Leather and I am ready to go to the Canada Day parade. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
87f295903ce49e9d2680a470e7179428.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Shave head of the day. Soap CRSW spiced amber, Brush Semogue 5th Anniversary Antiga barbearia do bairro Badger Two bands, One Blade V1, Feather blade FHS, After Shave Floid vigoroso, EdT 1 million Paco Rabanne. Consenting as always. Great weekend friends
9601d60c1c9fab6ef468894c55f87ec9.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom