- Merkur 34c with Sputnik blade
- Floïd The Genuine suave

:D

Saturday

Man Cave Olivestone Facial scrub
Somersets oil
Semogue 1470 Brush
Monsavon Shaving Soap
Star 1912 with a Personna stainless (#3)
Witch Hazel
Jojoba Gold Oil
Ach Bitro Lavanda EDC

A nice relaxed shave this morning which has set me up for the day. I really fancy one of the new Gem type razors....but shaves like this one make me ask...why bother? An effortless BBS shave. A few chores to do and then a barbeque...followed by a late night viewing of the Dr Who Finale:D

Have a great weekend.

SOTD: 1st July 2017.
A.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega 'S' Series Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream & Soap : Derby Lemon + Arko Shave Stick (disk).

Blade: Personna Lab Blue . (1)

Razor: Merkur 34C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Duru~ Lemon Cologne .

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend...

i fancied a citrusy shave today, i went for my Derby lemon cream, and next to it was my arko sticks, a thought came into my head i'll have a go at making a "Franken-Lather " cream/Soap combo.. The result was excellent, the only thing i over did it with the ratio quantities, i had enough lather for another three shaves...I won't be so generous next time when i'm mixing the quantities together.

I have to say the lather result was one of the best i've had for a long time..Superb.;)

My 34C/Personna lab blue was a excellent match resulting is a smooth efficient 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with some generous squirts of Turkish Duru Lemon Cologne to the pulse points & chest area.

My face is feeling very smooth & smelling very citrusy.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Greetings All,

Saturday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – showered with face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: Razorock XXX
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Personna Blue (1st)
Brush: RazoRock 400 Noir

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, cold rinse, followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (red) and Nivea 2 Phase

Switched to a Personna Blue blade and had a so, so shave.

Again, the Razorock 400 whipped up a storming lather with a soap I enjoy using.

Today's result, a very little irritation.

Brush - Semogue 620
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Razor - Merkur Futur (3)

Blade - Wilkinson Sword (1)
Post - Thayers Peach Witch Hazel

Strange shave this morning. Good lather, but the blade felt as rough and got a couple of nicks which is not at all normal. The blade has been disposed of and I will go back to my Astra SPs on Monday

1/7/17

Pre - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega 82065
Razor - DE89
Blade - Personna Platinum Chrome (4)
Post Shave - Witch Hazel

A rare occasion to use the same soap two days running, but as I didn't really get the best out Arko yesterday and even though I paid more attention to the soap today even though the lather was a good one, I failed to load up enough again. Like a bad artist I will blame the tools, the tiny pot the puck comes in really annoys me!

image.jpeg

...relaxing, comfortable close shave this morning with the dependable Progress; its voice singing louder than ever as the Rapira Super Stainless cut through the whiskers. The lather from the I Coloniali Mango Oil was as fragrant, thick and slick as ever beautifully massaged by the SOC. A splash of Witch Hazel, finished off with Alt Innsbruck and I am feeling good, looking great. Have an enjoyable weekend...

IMG_20170701_104639.jpg
Saturday Shave
Prep: Cold Water
Brush: EJ Small PB
Soap: Wickham's Irish Fern
Razor: Pal Injecto-matic
Blade: Chick (4)
Afters: Pinaud Clubman
I really like this soap but the scent reminds me more of Johnson's Baby Powder than a Fougere.
Bought the brush a few years ago on Amazon, not a bad cheap brush but have since learned a boar is better bang for your buck.
The Pal is my favourite injector razor, so all in all, a very enjoyable two pass shave.

Last edited:
I can't beat @wayne mattison and his magic camera; I can take pleasure in that today marks two years since I "rediscovered" wet shaving after an absence of 40-odd years.

Muhle R89 Twist: my first razor found on Amazon. I have had some 20-odd razors in the past two years, and have narrowed my stash to 3: the Muhle R89 Twist (my first and current love), the Merkur 39C (the only slant anyone needs), and the Parker 22R (an OC that a baby could use without fear and the razor I use twice a year when I don't shave for a week).
PolSilver SI (my all-time favourite blade)
Musgo Real Oak Moss (wonderful cream with a wonderful scent)
Muhle 22mm Silvertip Fibre (my go-to workhorse brush)
Thayer's Original Witch Hazel (@Fergiebilly's only post shave since 1847 (or thereabouts))

It's been a great expedition of discovery the past two years (thanks in great part to this forum, and its weird and wonderful members), and while I don't foresee continually breaking the bank over the "new and improved" offerings @wayne mattison and @Darkbulb bulb will, without doubt, post on a regular basis, I can still enjoy the company without going down the rabbit-hole that makes this forum what it is. (mic drop)

...congratulations...

Back
Top Bottom