S.O.T.D Saturday 1st July - Friday 7th July

SOTD & thanks to @Aaron1983 i'm now going to have to start collecting vintage razors, cracking shave.

View attachment 26542

Great pic mate. I highly recommend a gillette black beauty which i have been using lately. Amazing shave! However, all vintage gillettes i have used have been top quality.

Happy shaving [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19535050_317457732010013_8185790594786787328_n.jpg

Brush: Omega 11047 'Mixed Midget'
Razor: Standard Razor
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Soap: PAA Coconut Oud
Post: Boots Tea Tree WH, Nivea 2 Phase & Ard Al Zaafaran Oud 24 Hours

After coveting this brush for years, not a bad first use a little scritchy and stinky. Needs to break in, I think more of a shave stick and face lather brush as oppsoed to a bowl lather. Absolutely love the scent of the Coconut Oud, just an ever so slightly hint of coconut but heavy on the oud. The Oud 24 hours complements it wonderfully. Not sure if I like a Voskhod with the Standard, good shaves but a few weepers today. Hope the weather is as nice elsewhere as it here in South Wales, off out to buy a small tree for the garden :D

Saturday 1st July
RazoRock Plissoft
OSP Spice Road
Gillette Slim Adjustable #7
Lord Super Chrome #1
Rinse>Alum>Rinse
Electrif's Bay Rum
Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm
8xMXTYb.jpg

Penultimate shave in my rotation with DE's was rather good with a debut use of the Lord blade I was gifted a while ago. The Slim on #7 gave a very smooth result, in fact so efficient resulting in a single neck nick. My those Lord blades are pretty sharp. Let's see what the second use in a British FT Rocket, next shave.

Sat 1st July
Omega 11126 boar
Speick Active
Brass. General
Schick Proline Type P ( 7 )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Myrsol Antesol A/S lotion

A rare day at home today as not officiating, and a late Shave after lunch. Finding that the Proline blade is very forgiving that it seems almost impossible to make mistakes, when fitted in the General.
Today the Shave as usual with this combo was very smooth and comfortable, with a nice close finish.

IMG_1369.jpg

Sotd - Saturday 1/7

Razor - Parker Variant
Blade - Polsilver SI
Brush - Maseto 30mm silvertip
Soap - Wickham's Citrus Musk
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Wickham's Citrus Musk
Balm - Weleda
Scent - Hermes D'Orange Verte.

Result - I wasn't going to shave until tomorrow but the siren call of the Maseto was too strong to resist - that and reading other people's excellent posts here today made it a done-deal. I pointed the wall of badger at a hard soap to see what happened - it dealt with it no problem. Just as good as with a cream. One thing that's obvious about the knot - despite its size - is that it doesn't hog the lather, it's given up easily. The Maseto is officially my new favourite thing - and it's only going to get better with use. I don't use this soap enough - it is excellent for me. The performance and scent are really top-end. Lathers easily and it's not fussy to use. A splash of the matching aftershave and then some Weleda to finish. I'm not super keen on the smell of it but that's not what it's for - the performance cannot be faulted in my experience. So - another great shave. I'm smooth, relaxed and I smell nice. You know - I feel sorry for my Chubb - years of faithful service - week in and week out. Then some flash piece a third of it's age turns up flaunting her silver locks and I'm agog. I'm shallow - what can I say? Enjoy your shaves one and all - cheers - I.

Sotd - Saturday 1/7

Razor - Parker Variant
Blade - Polsilver SI
Brush - Maseto 30mm silvertip
Soap - Wickham's Citrus Musk
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Wickham's Citrus Musk
Balm - Weleda
Scent - Hermes D'Orange Verte.

Result - I wasn't going to shave until tomorrow but the siren call of the Maseto was too strong to resist - that and reading other people's excellent posts here today made it a done-deal. I pointed the wall of badger at a hard soap to see what happened - it dealt with it no problem. Just as good as with a cream. One thing that's obvious about the knot - despite its size - is that it doesn't hog the lather, it's given up easily. The Maseto is officially my new favourite thing - and it's only going to get better with use. I don't use this soap enough - it is excellent for me. The performance and scent are really top-end. Lathers easily and it's not fussy to use. A splash of the matching aftershave and then some Weleda to finish. I'm not super keen on the smell of it but that's not what it's for - the performance cannot be faulted in my experience. So - another great shave. I'm smooth, relaxed and I smell nice. You know - I feel sorry for my Chubb - years of faithful service - week in and week out. Then some flash piece a third of it's age turns up flaunting her silver locks and I'm agog. I'm shallow - what can I say? Enjoy your shaves one and all - cheers - I.
man I was gonna write something there but it sounded wrong haha:)

Back
Top Bottom