S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th June to Friday 23rd June 2017

2805a520572274e029b180956533644b.jpg

Pre: Washpool Farm Facial Cleansing soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: Stirling Lemon Chill
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (3)
EDC: DR Harris Traditional

First use of a strongly mentholated soap in Lemon Chill. I initially had some skin irritation when first applied, presumably due to menthol strength, but this disappeared quickly.
The chill was very refreshing, and I didn't have any issues with eye irritation/watering. The scent is predominantly citrus, with a steely menthol backbone.
Performance was great - 3 comfortable passes and a small clean up for a DFS+.
It will be interesting to see if the irritation is still there on next use.
DR Harris Traditional cologne was a great match and finished the shave beautifully.

I have lemon chill sitting in my shopping cart. Should I take the plunge? :D
Hopefully the irritation doesn't come back next time for you

Art Of Shaving Sandalwood
24mm Plissoft knot set in Commodore X3 handle
The General Brass / Kai Pink (2) on first pass, then Feather Pro (8)
Aloe Vera Gel
Dunhill Edition EDT

I've now tried Kai Pink in a few different razors and it's always felt rough and tuggy. So I switched to a Feather Pro after the first pass of today's shave and it was like night and day, sharp and very smooth :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cold Water + EVOO
Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Soap
Ever Ready 1914 (Later Model Circa 1919 - 1921)
Lacewood 28mm 2 band Monster Brush
Pitralon Original
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic

The Monster brush and the 1914 had been sitting around for a while so I thought I'd use them today, the thing I love most about these GEM blade SE razors is the sound the make, it makes the shave more enjoyable to me. DFS in the end, XTG passes seem to leave me with irritation so I will stick with 2 pass plus touch up WTG & ATG.

Friday 23rd June
Chinese Silvertip Fibre
OSP Sandalwood
General w/Schick Proline #3
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lacura Aq Cream Moisturiser
4k2Xu2e.jpg

Extremely smooth shave this afternoon, the General / Proline combo really showing their prowess.
I in love with the sandalwood scent on the OSP, raising it to a favoured high in my OSP collection. The best thing is I can still see the OSP imprint in the soap telling me there are many more excellent shaves to go.

Cheers everyone :)

Birthday Shave

SOTD_20170623-1024x768.png

• Straight Razor: F.A. Herder - #25
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - 2.0 - Faux Horn (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Tundra Artica - Beta 4.1
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Tundra Artica - Balm
  • Fragrance: Rituals - Eau du Kashmir

Happy Birthday :)

Fri 23rd June

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Lea Classic Soap
Supply Single Edge V1- 3 plate
Schick Proline Type B [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Lea Classic A/S lotion

My hi-jacking of an AC blade to use in the Single Edge certainly works for me. Today, I had my second
Shave with the Single Edge/ Proline Type B. To say the shave was smooth is an understatement, and it makes short work of my heavy daily growth.Because of the smoothness and the lack of blade feel, it may be classed as a non aggressive razor, but it is extremely efficient in delivering a top quality Shave.
As a bonus I have tried it out in a Vintage Injector, it loads very easily from a host keyed dispenser.
The Shave it gave was again very smooth, with a great close finish. Not sure which Razor to use next,
could be an E2 or see if it lifts the lacklustre performance of a G Series, which does not work for me.

IMG_1351.jpg

Afternoon gentlemen,
Hospital day today so nice shower and a shave before I set off this morning.
Next soap up in the rotation was tobs "Mr Taylor's shaving cream", blooming lovely! Great smell and impossible to get wrong.
Went with the Rockwell again as it had to be straightforward, which it was, although I did realise later I'd not done a very good job on my left side, but didn't mind that, still smelt good and feeling happy.
Now home again and able to post this, completely pooped now which always happens for about 24hrs after the treatment, but I will feel bionic for six weeks after that, so very worth it.
Rockwell razor
Persona blade #2 last
Grosvenor bristle and badger brush
Tobs mr Taylor's shaving cream
Tabac underarm
Parfums de Marley Herod.
IMAG0832_1.jpg

Last edited:
19367729_904365586379164_6284603182110736384_n.jpg

Brush: Omega 20102
Razor: Gibbs No 16
Blade: Muhle (3)
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Post: Thayers Rose, Aloe Vera Gel & Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada

That's more like it! The quality of shave is night and day between the Tech and Gibbs. I think I was too quick to judge this Gibbs and look to offload her, gave a cracking shave and ended the week well. Solaris has been excellent all week, had hoped to put a bigger dent in it. A very nice start to a day spend perusing and buying books in Hay On Wye.

Back
Top Bottom