S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th June to Friday 23rd June 2017

Prep: Hot shower and L'oreal Charcoal face wash
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4/3/5)
Razor blade: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Brush: Saponificio Varesino
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia

OK onto the razor....deep breath.
I thought it best to get a shave with this as there seems a lot of interest in it.

First off, fit and finish. In a word, excellent.
The blade is secured and clamped down very reassuringly. The is a lot of blade overhang though.
The knurling is great and gives plenty of grip.
The chrome is close to flawless. See the close up below:

Now onto to the business end.
I started with plate 4 and used a brand new Gillette 7 o'clock yellow.

First pass (WTG): A lot of blade feel, which really surprised me and not particularly smooth especially round the top lip and chin.

Second pass (AXTG):
Changed the base plate to 3 to see if I could reduce the blade feel. Not much difference in blade feel but a tad smoother. This was more to do with finding the right angle than anything else. It wasn't very efficient either.

Pass 3 (ATG):
Seen as I was struggling to reduce the stubble I went up to base plate 5. Things started to improve and there seemed to be less blade feel and it was smoother which I thought was odd.

Pass 4 (touch-ups): A number of touch-ups but after I rinsed my face it was one of the closest shaves I've had.
I did catch myself with the overhang of the blade though.

This was my first outing with this razor so it's only understandable there was a lot of swapping around of plates. I will need to try a few different blades and plate combinations as I didn't think the Gillette was a great match.
I also found the head quite bulkhead and it was a bit tricky under the nose.

To be continued......

Come on did you expect anything else from Mr fussy?

@wayne mattison @Wayne Pritchard @Blademonkey @patw @Shave to the grave @Benz3ne

Hi Rob

So it's a maybe, maybe not :rolleyes:

thanks for the tag mate and enjoy your weekend:)

MdC Agrumes
Fine synthetic
Feather AS-D2
Feather
Myrsol Agua de Limón
Lea Classic ASB

2017-06-23_23_56_28_zpsyka6g6ab.jpg

Back
Top Bottom