S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th December to Friday 23rd December 2016

I did indeed see below:
Romera 'Rustic Chubby' Manchurian Fan (28/50).

From what I've been told I maybe in for a long wait.

Hope you and yours have a great Christmas.
Cheers
Rob

It's disheartning to hear everyones tales of woe. Mine arrived within a fortnight & suffered the usual problem of the black stuff leaching off for the first few times of use. Mine is in Bubinga but with the same manchurian fan in 26mm. It hasn't shed one hair. I'd have another in a heartbeat even if the service is a tad Spanish.

Prep: Myrsol Emulsion
Bowl: Aesop by Sari Yanagi
Brush: Rubberset 400-3 whit Nathan Clark Envy White Knot
Soap: Nuavia Blu
Razor: Timeless OC 0,95 on Stork Diplomat TI
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Myrsol Blue
45938294-34BE-4CF6-8EA2-E65345224E71_zpsz5siofnx.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
7cef0724c34f0cd723acbcb7b042dc0a.jpg

SOTD: 12/18/2016 - "Never Gets Old"

Pre: Hot shower
Soap: Soap Commander "Purpose"
Brush: Bob Farvour 2-Band Buffalo Horn Badger
Razor: Hone Type 15a w/ Personna Lab Blue (3)
Post: Soap Commander "Purpose" Aftershave Balm & Captain's Choice "Bay Rum" splash

After a couple days of not shaving, this felt magical. The scent combo never gets old and I'm grateful to have such awesome products in my den.

Be smooth and shave it up, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunday 18th December - the Chill Out Shave

Prep - Long hot soak in the tub, followed by a shower
Pre-shave - TOBS Sandalwood pre-shave oil
Cream - TOBS Sandalwood
Razor - 1960s Gillette Tech
Blade - New Personna blade
Post Shave - Executive Shaving Co Intentsive Moisturising Balm

Excuse my French, but it was a bloody fantastic shave, I have felt brilliant all day (apart from the dodgy knee)

Loading the O-Clone with vintage twins was a struggle (blade loading is the weakness of the O-C) but once set an unexpectedly sublime shave resulted. Actually the first completely irritation free BDBS full beard and head shave in a while (after using mostly DE and AC blades). AOS tallow Sandalwood and the MFF pre shave didn't hurt. Pure Argan after the mango flavored Witch Hazel to top off a great Sunday shave.

a7f2033033585b023dafaf95c35244c6.jpg

Sunday AM 2016-12-18

ahcRM2a.jpg

Helen Chen suribachi, with electric mug warmer
Rooney 1/1 Porcelain Finest (22mm/45mm)
Eufros Citricos shaving soap sample
Feather AS-D2/Triad Satin Aristocrat
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (10)
Houbigant Sportsman aftershave (vintage)

The Citricos easily made good lather, which should become great once I play with the water ratio a little, and its skin care is excellent. The fragrance is a tangy citrus with an earthy undertone, pleasant but not likely to become a favorite.
xgHMU1x.jpg

Sun 18th Dec.

Stirling Synthetic 26mm
MWF
ES Claymore S/S Single Edge
Kai captain mild [ 6 ]
Alum rub/Rinse off
Massimo Dutti A/S lotion

Judging by the regrowth of stubble from yesterday`s Shave , the lack of it confirms how good it was. Using the Claymore again, I got the smoothest and closet of Shaves. For the first time I would actually say it rendered me " Dolphin Smooth ". Only drawback is the weight when doing upstrokes on the neck, it requires a firm grip- but it really does without doubt remove whiskers around the neck.

The use of what is rated by many a Mild Blade, really allows you to get a fine finish without any irritation. I read of too many using so called good blades, complaining of nicks/weepers during a shave , better not to be hung ho when seeking the perfect shave experience.

View attachment 22711
I have been on the fence for a while about the Claymore. No I'm thinking about getting it :)

Greetings

Monday 19th December 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Le Touriste
Blade: Le Touriste
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Small
Cream: Edwin Jagger Limes and Pomegranate
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Guerlain Mitsouko

I received this Shaving cream as a free sample and I'm very impressed with it, a delicate citrus scent, nice and slick and lathers super easily.

I have literally just looked it up on Jaggers web site and I see it is twelve quid for 100 grams I think that is rather expensive; very nice cream indeed but not that nice.

Regards
Dick.

19.12.16.JPG

Back
Top Bottom