S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th December to Friday 23rd December 2016

image.jpg SOTD Saturday 17th December 2016

Razor..Schick E2
Blade..Schick # 4
Soap..P&B Star Noir
Brush..Kong boar
Post ..Thayers AF lavender
EDT Minoture..Paloma Picasso

The E2 gives a fantastic close shave with the lightest of touches, the scent from the Star Noir is wonderful and complimented perfectly with the Minoture EDT a early gift to myself this Christmas .

The shaving bowl is just the right size both to hold in my left hand and to knock up a good load of lather....perfect.

Wishing you well. :)

Last edited:
Saturday 12/17/16

Jojoba and Grapeseed oil preshave
Semogue 830 brush
AOS Ocean Kelp cream
RazVite Cage Head razor
Rapira Super Stainless blade
Aqua Velva Ice Sport aftershave
Marlowe No. 144 balm

fa97b7373eba03e9fc062218460ac706.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fabulous looking razor.

DSC_0340_zpstyqcuv1a.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
ERN Crown & Sword Solingen Full Hollow 7/8th
Kent Pure Badger
Blue Brand Goats Milk Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Great Shave with My ERN Solingen 7/8th..I Have a Slight Preference for Solingen Steel SRs to Sheffield Steel for What Reason I Wouldn't Know..Excellent Shaver..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Good Evening Gents,

Prep:Hot shower and L'OREAL Charcoal face wash
Razor: ATT R1
Razor blade: Rapira Platinum Lux*
Brush: Simpsons Captain 2 Manchurian
Cream: Fitjar Havn
Post: Thayers witch hazel and Dove sensitive aftershave balm.

Very good shave today. I'd read a few days ago of a member (you know who you are) having good results with the Rapira blades and the R1.
I have to concur. I found the combination to be very smooth and effective.

A shout out and thank you to @Jel999 who gifted me the Rapria blades when I first joined this forum.
He also recommended the Romera brushes, which I also ordered one today. So thanks for the heads up and I didn't forget.

Hope you all have a great evening.
Cheers
Rob

Saturday AM 2016-12-17

QJc8wso.jpg

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Elite Razor Bloody Basin Jasper Manchurian White (28mm/57mm)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (original formula) + a few sprays Creed Original Santal EdT
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Brass Aristocrat
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (9)
Tom Ford for Men aftershave (homemade)

I am surprised by how "thirsty" the XPEC is, requiring a lot more water to produce lather than do most of my hard soaps. But its lather is good, especially scented with the Creed.
NYSitFw.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday 12/17/16

Jojoba and Grapeseed oil preshave
Semogue 830 brush
AOS Ocean Kelp cream
RazVite Cage Head razor
Rapira Super Stainless blade
Aqua Velva Ice Sport aftershave
Marlowe No. 144 balm

fa97b7373eba03e9fc062218460ac706.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greetings

That's an interesting old razor and one I certainly have not seen before; I had to look that one up! A kind of double edge take on a lather catcher... a great find!

Regards
Dick.

Worst shave for a while. I am not Zen enough at the moment to handle the Kamisori... plus f....ing delivery guy rings the doorbell in the middle of the shave. I feel like beeing the post office of our house. Isn't anybody buying something offline any more???
2d77cb00e9d6fa3d5a87834018c815ad.jpg

I spare you the photo of the cut's of which i had to glue a bad one with proraso repair stuff.
Feather is put to rest for a long time now.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Worst shave for a while. I am not Zen enough at the moment to handle the Kamisori... plus f....ing delivery guy rings the doorbell in the middle of the shave. I feel like beeing the post office of our house. Isn't anybody buying something offline any more???
2d77cb00e9d6fa3d5a87834018c815ad.jpg

I spare you the photo of the cut's of which i had to glue a bad one with proraso repair stuff.
Feather is put to rest for a long time now.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
There is nothing worse than getting interrupted half way through a shave, it's enough to kill anyone's zen, no wonder you hacked yourself up. It's a great razor so don't give up on it, better luck next time. :)

Back
Top Bottom