S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th December to Friday 23rd December 2016

Greetings

That's an interesting old razor and one I certainly have not seen before; I had to look that one up! A kind of double edge take on a lather catcher... a great find!

Regards
Dick.
Thanks Dick! Yeah, my first shave with it and I was preparing for a bloodbath! However, even though you feel the blade it's a very comfortable and gives a mid aggressive shave, even a little on the mild side. I really enjoyed the shave.

Saturday 17th December 2016
SOTD 17 dec.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Proraso Red + bloom water
Razor: Ikon El Jefe with SE handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG with Guard (#5)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver tip
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap - Old Gray Bristle Test
AS: Channel L'Egoiste Balm

Ikon El Jefe still proving to be the best razor I have, at least combined with the Kai blade which is the only blade I tried so far. Did a three pass shave but could easily have got away with two, third pass was as light as possible ATG and the result was BBS with no irritation. The Hans Baier brush whipped up a fantastic lather with the NSS soap. As today was a special occasion I used my Channel L'Egoisete balm, the scent is still strong and lasts forever.

107e57289dc15b6a2f6f7ecced6a814d.jpg

Arko Cream - Cool
Vie Long 13755
PAA Bakelite Slant
Bolzano
Spieck AS

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk

SOTD: 18th December 2016.
B.Sun shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: warm shower:/ Asda Jasmine & sandalwood shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Bloom Water face wash.

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: 1971 Gillette Slim Twist.

Blade: Rapira Super Stainless .(1)

Brush: Semogue 830 .

Soap: Van Der Hagen. + 4 drops of Glycerine in the mixing bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./Boots Freshwood. A/S.

Boots Freshwood Aftershave Balm.

A easy effortless 3 pass +pick ups flawless shave, 2 passes + pick ups would have been enough, but i used up the wonderful lather to make it a sublime sunday shave..it's amazing that a 45 year old razor, still performs and gives a sublime shave.;)..some things where made to last,my Gillette Slim twist is a wonder.Enjoy your sunday,gentlemen.;)

Last edited:
image.jpg SOTD Sunday 18th December 2016

Razor..Supply Provisions Single Edge razor (v1)
Blade..Schick #5
Soap..OSP..Bay Rum
Brush..Kong boar
Post ..Thayers AF Lavender
EDT Silver mountain, Creed.

A wonderfull smooth shave with the dot 2 plate fitted to my SP Single Edge, the OSP with its great bay Rum scent was just fantastic . My Kong boar brush is so easy to hold even with slippery hands and whipped up a great lather in my new lathering bowl.

Wishing you all well. :)

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Barbaros TR-1
Blade – Permasharp
Brush - The 'Americana' (Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band)
Soap – Tallow+Steel – Classic
Post - Witch Hazel, Trevarno Revitalising Face Oil

well, that was a bit of a surprise.... I usually find the Barbaros to be on the aggressive side, but with the Permasharp I really had to work to get a BBS finish. No, I can't make sense of it either, but it's not a combination that I'll be in hurry to try again..But, on a good note, the 'Americana'/Tallow+Steel combo was impeccable..

Back
Top Bottom