S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th December to Friday 23rd December 2016

2vI41PBh.jpg

Me & my eldest son are geeking out about going to watch Rogue One later!

Great photo and set-up as per usual.
Enjoy the film, you're in for a treat.

Greetings

Monday 19th December 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Le Touriste
Blade: Le Touriste
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Small
Cream: Edwin Jagger Limes and Pomegranate
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Guerlain Mitsouko

I received this Shaving cream as a free sample and I'm very impressed with it, a delicate citrus scent, nice and slick and lathers super easily.

I have literally just looked it up on Jaggers web site and I see it is twelve quid for 100 grams I think that is rather expensive; very nice cream indeed but not that nice.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 22724

I've got the soap in that scent not as expensive but it's a tiny puck! Think it's £5 for 65g their pricing on soaps n creams is a little off I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Monday 19th
RazoRock Plissoft
OSP - UKWSS
GEM Micromatic ClogPruf
GEM SSC #6
Alum > Rinse > Alcolado Glacial
Lacura Aq Cream Moisturiser
6T1Be1q.jpg

Think of Lavender & Herbs sprayed with Menthol and you get the UKWSS soap.
Great accompaniment to the ClogPruf which always produces a really close shave. May have to wait a bit longer for the next one.

See you then!

Mon 19th Dec

Omega s10065 Syn.
OSP Bay Rum soap
Merkur Futur
Lab Blue [ 1 ]
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S lotion

As a change of pace from SE/Injectors decided on a short visit to DE Shaving. Chose the Futur which is considered
hefty by some folk, but compared with a modern S/S SE razor seems quite small. I now feel that DE Razors are
less forgiving of poor shaving technique, so that is why I like Adjustables, as I can dial in to a less aggressive
setting to assist in avoiding mishaps.

The Shave was actually quite quick and smooth, and am very pleased with the overall quality of finish afforded by the Futur . While not as close as yesterday, with a modern S/S SE fitted with a Feather AC Type blade - it is of a standard I would have been more than happy with when I returned to DE Shaving.

IMG_1065.jpg

View attachment 22710 SOTD Sunday 18th December 2016

Razor..Supply Provisions Single Edge razor (v1)
Blade..Schick #5
Soap..OSP..Bay Rum
Brush..Kong boar
Post ..Thayers AF Lavender
EDT Silver mountain, Creed.

A wonderfull smooth shave with the dot 2 plate fitted to my SP Single Edge, the OSP with its great bay Rum scent was just fantastic . My Kong boar brush is so easy to hold even with slippery hands and whipped up a great lather in my new lathering bowl.

Wishing you all well. :)
That's a really interesting brush you have there my friend! Did you make it yourself or buy it? Very unique looking!:cool:

image.jpg SOTD. Monday 19 December 2016

Razor...Muhle R41 fat handle
Blade...Lodz Polsilver #3
Soap...Whickhams. Frankincense
Brush..Kong boar
Post..Thayers AF Lavender
AS Fine Platinum

My first DE razor shave for a while but the R41 never fails to do the job and do it well,these blades are one of the best I've had the pleasure to shave with, sharp and smooth. The Frankinscense soap was fab, filling my nostrils with the scent of Christmas , finishing off with the great Fine platinum aftershave .

View attachment 22728 SOTD. Monday 19 December 2016

Razor...Muhle R41 fat handle
Blade...Lodz Polsilver #3
Soap...Whickhams. Frankincense
Brush..Kong boar
Post..Thayers AF Lavender
AS Fine Platinum

My first DE razor shave for a while but the R41 never fails to do the job and do it well,these blades are one of the best I've had the pleasure to shave with, sharp and smooth. The Frankinscense soap was fab, filling my nostrils with the scent of Christmas , finishing off with the great Fine platinum aftershave .

Glad the razor fits in the holder, very tidy.:)

Back
Top Bottom