S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th December to Friday 23rd December 2016

bde3505b77c32a761dc5a8896d0c9d55.jpg

Getting to know this razor again after a long absence. It's performing very well.

PAA Miami Libre Soap
Scrooge & Marley Razors B1/Jurgen Hempel SS Wave Handle
Kai Captain Standard (4)
Alfredo Hernandez Manchurian Beehive
PAA Miami Libre Splash

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Razor: Gillette Executive Gold Adjustable Fat Boy (F 1) 1960.
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (5)
Brush: Elite Razor Gold Laced Black Onyx Tuxedo
Soap: Route 66 Frozen Margarita
Aftershave: Route 66 Frozen Margarita Balm

The handle is made of Gold Laced Onyx, which is a member of the chalcedony family which also includes carnelian, agate, bloodstone etc. Occurring naturally in a variety of colours, Black Onyx is polished to enhance appearance , a member of the quartz family. The name comes from the Greek word onyx which means nail of a finger or claw. Legend says that one day while Venus was sleeping Eros/Cupid cut her fingernails and left the clippings scattered on the ground. Because no part of a heavenly body can die, the gods turned them into stone which later became known as Onyx.
The Tuxedo knot worked very well.
19 12 16b.jpg

Razor: Gillette Executive Gold Adjustable Fat Boy (F 1) 1960.
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (5)
Brush: Elite Razor Gold Laced Black Onyx Tuxedo
Soap: Route 66 Frozen Margarita
Aftershave: Route 66 Frozen Margarita Balm

The handle is made of Gold Laced Onyx, which is a member of the chalcedony family which also includes carnelian, agate, bloodstone etc. Occurring naturally in a variety of colours, Black Onyx is polished to enhance appearance , a member of the quartz family. The name comes from the Greek word onyx which means nail of a finger or claw. Legend says that one day while Venus was sleeping Eros/Cupid cut her fingernails and left the clippings scattered on the ground. Because no part of a heavenly body can die, the gods turned them into stone which later became known as Onyx.
The Tuxedo knot worked very well.
View attachment 22737
Beautiful brush you have.

SOTD: 20th December 2016.
C.Tues shave,.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Peppermint & Eucalyptus shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Pearl SBF 11.

Blade: Rapira Super Stainless .(new)

Brush: Semogue 830 .

Cream: Palmolive Classic. + 4 drops of Glycerine in the mixing bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut A/S.

Morrisons Enrich Intensive Moisture Lotion.

A early start today,.only one more day of work then i'm off until the new year!!.:)..
The palmolive cream lathered up wonderfully to provide me with a excellent 3 pass + pick up's silky smooth shave with no errors to report,finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.;)

Tues 20th Dec

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
P & B Spitfire
Gillette Slim
Lab Blue [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

I am not a regular user of this razor, which after use of the Futur feels on the light side. Whilst the Shave was smooth and comfortable with no mishaps , the finish was pretty good apart from me not getting things right
around the neck. Be interesting to see how I fare with a Fatboy tomorrow.

IMG_1067.jpg

Tuesday 20th December 2016
SOTD 20 Dec.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower and Proraso Red
Razor: Schick L1
Blade: Personna (#3)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver tip
Soap: Cella
AS: 4711 + Nivea Replenishing Balm

Yesterday's shave with the Fatip Piccolo + Gillette Platinum must have been better than I thought as there seemed to be less growth than usual after 24 hours. This is my third shave with a Personna blade in the L1 and while it did not have much work to do, I definitely got a better shave than before with this blade. Do they get a bit better after a few uses? Before I said I might give up on the Personna blades when compared to the Chinese Shick blades but this shave was smooth, close and irritation free. The last two shaves with this blade were both with NSS Old Grey Bristle Test Soap, could it be that using Cella made a difference? Who knows, I will shave with this blade again with both soaps again.

Back
Top Bottom