S.O.T.D. Saturday 16th August to Friday 22nd August 2014

gillette red tip
perma sharp
proraso pre
omega 10018
proraso green tub
barbon AS
montana parfum d'homme edt

first shave with the red tip and got a very nice smooth shave. the shave wasnt what i expected, i was expecting more bite but still got a good shave. may take a few shaves to suss the angles out as i havent used a gillette TTO before.

mulligano said:
Stahly Live Blade

Absolutely superb shave! The Stahly arrived when I was away and just got a run out today. I did the first pass using the "live blade" function (which is simply a clockwork vibrating action) and found it novel, if not entirely necessary. T

Hiya doin,

Used the vibrate action during my first shave with one of those things years ago. I was surprised it didnt get in the way of my shave, but no problem. Noisy little thing though that needed rewinding a few times and not that easy with wet hands.

I fixed that though. Yep, second time using it the handle went kaput and stopped all the buzzing real well. Still weighs a lot however.

Wait till you try that head onna nice handle. I use a Weber (Webley) and I see Paul likes his Ikon (Stik'). You should try a Feather blade at some point too.

So strange finding such an easygoing head like that. Kinda similar looking to a Tech and yes, they are designed well, as you mentioned.

Martin

dodgy said:
Hiya doin,

Used the vibrate action during my first shave with one of those things years ago. I was surprised it didnt get in the way of my shave, but no problem. Noisy little thing though that needed rewinding a few times and not that easy with wet hands.

I fixed that though. Yep, second time using it the handle went kaput and stopped all the buzzing real well. Still weighs a lot however.

Wait till you try that head onna nice handle. I use a Weber (Webley) and I see Paul likes his Icon (Stik').

So strange finding such an easygoing head like that. Kinda similar to a Tech, but much better.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I remember you posting somewhere before about these things - glad I finally managed to get a hold of one.

Aye, I'm worried about the mechanism going in mine as well so will be trying it on a new handle next. No Weber handle in my arsenal but I've got a long iKon one and a few custom ones. The head does feel mild like a tech, but more chunky and less "noticeable".

Very nice thing.

Cheers

DSC06491.jpg

Billy Jealousy White Knight Facial Cleanser
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Ever Ready 1924
GEM Super Stainless [5]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Blue Stratos Aftershave

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

mulligano said:
Hi Martin,

I remember you posting somewhere before about these things - glad I finally managed to get a hold of one.

Aye, I'm worried about the mechanism going in mine as well so will be trying it on a new handle next. No Weber handle in my arsenal but I've got a long iKon one and a few custom ones. The head does feel mild like a tech, but more chunky and less "noticeable".

Very nice thing.

Cheers

I believe at least one part is silver plate (the heavy cap) and maybe both....can't remember. But yeah, it's a well thought out and nicely produced design that makes for a very comfortable and less audio producing shave. Feels efficient on my face with little feedback compared to a Tech head. Of course, I like a mild razor and also the less feedback the better. I don't wanna hear or feel the razor on my face and the Stahly's extra weight is a definite benefit.

Glad you got one for the arsenal,

Martin

Pre: Proraso green pre-shave cream
Soap: Acqua di Parma
Brush: El Druida redwood handle, 26mm synthetic
Razor: EJ DE89 with Ikon handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock black (1)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by Fine Clean Vetiver

Very nice shave! AdP smelled wonderful and made way too much lather (shame to waste it). Easy 3-pass BBS and skin is glowing with the menthol hit.
IMG_20140820_181626.jpg

Executive
Rhino 1
Proraso red
Tsr brush
Speick a/s
S8 balm

Tried this blade to see if my stock was worth keeping. Bit of redness and a few nicks :( 1st use of this soap, lovely scent that really hangs around after the shave

Greetings

Thursday 21st August 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Heavy Flat Top
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Omega 39 Boar
Soap: Tabac Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Jacques Bogart One man Show

Regards
Dick.

IMG_0596.JPG

Sapone : Martin De Candre
Pennello : Simpson The Colonel X2L in Manchurian
Rasoio : Friedrich Schlemper Focus 217 6/8
Strop : Paciccella in Cordovan
AS : Myrsol Agua Balsamica

image.php

image.php

S.O.T.D 21st August 2014

Pre:Shave:A little TOB rubbed in to my face (works well)
Soap:Truefitt & Hill
Brush:Semogue 620
Razor:Feather Artist SS
Razor 2: Braveheart
Blade: Feather/ 7 O'clock
A/S:pitralon Classic

Used a Feather Professional blade today, boy they can bit and it did, but all part of the learning curve. The chin area completed with my Braveheart.

Thursday

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue 2012 SE
iKon Slant
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
DR Harris Windsor AS

A very nice three pass shave this morning, damn near BBS.

THURSDAY MORNING

Pre: Tepid rinse
Soap: Tabac stick
Brush: Simpsons M6 TSN 2014
Razor: Ikon DLC slant
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
EDT: Penhaligons LP No9

Gave the oil a miss this morning as I wanted to try out my new brush.

It'll need a bit of breaking in, but it's a beaut. I really like the shape and colours of the handle.

Although it took longer, this is definitely more luxurious than just slapping on oil. Nice to have different options though, both of which work well.

Back
Top Bottom